Edin Dzeko

Ode to Django

You're not even a real journalism
I thought he was brilliant, held up the ball terrifficly and shrugged off defenders with ease got an assist and link up play was pretty damn good

zanela

And? Did anybody watch the game? How was he?

He was a bit anonymous in the first half as he didn't see the ball. But after City took the lead in the early sec, he got more involved in the build-ups. His link-up with tevez lead to City's third. The highlight for me apart from his assist was his dribble at the touchline. That was sweet. :)

From the looks of it, he won't take much time integrating in to his new team. While i don't think he will be as prolific as hes capable, he will contribute to City's general play and service. Tevez 'd still continue to be City's main player.

I actually felt the exact opposite .
he was good and made a nice assist for the third but there is no chemistry between both , in fact i had the impression he didn't want to pass the ball to him on several occasions instead he drifted and shot instead of giving him the pass in a good position

Several occasions?! I wonder how i missed them. :hmmm:
The primary instinct of a striker is to shoot. So you can't blame him if he chose to ignore his partner a couple of times.
Personally, its too early to judge. But from the glimpses(interplay to the third) we saw, there is potentially an effective partnership in the offing.

AdnanMessi

I am not a crook
As much as I hate money city, Our Dzeko will fit in perfectly :).
I hope with the intensity in the EPL Dzeko can single-handedly take us to EURO12 now

Beast

The Observer
Several occasions?! I wonder how i missed them. :hmmm:
The primary instinct of a striker is to shoot. So you can't blame him if he chose to ignore his partner a couple of times.
Personally, its too early to judge. But from the glimpses(interplay to the third) we saw, there is potentially an effective partnership in the offing.
Take for example the chance were Tevez tried to shoot and the ball bounced off to Edin on the left who was standing all alone unmarked begging for a pass, it bounced off the defender and went to Edin who tried to shoot but it also came off the defender
it's one on top of my head and the most clear one cause it was strange considering the Bosnian had positioned himself in a great position away from the defenders
try to remember how many passed did Tevez made for Edin till the third goal ... almost none
that was not instinct when you leave the easy clear cut choice and go for the hard one

zanela

If i remember correctly, Tevez had 2 defenders on either side which meant he had to take the shot in an instant and possibly didn't sight Dzeko on his left. Like i said, its only been one match. Both them strikers are not known to be selfish. More minutes together will build better on-pitch communication.

Beast

The Observer
Nah he had the two defenders in front of him , Dzeko positioning was sublime all game he stood on the left couple of meters away ready to shoot .
let's see how they mould in the next couple of games .. time will tell if it's a sync thing or more

Co0ter

Dzeko is exactly what City needed. He's tall, smart, technical and can hold up the ball which means Tevez wont have to do everything by himself anymore. Not to mention he's pretty quick for a tall dude. They can send off Adebyor to the second division where he belongs and Santa Cruz can finally retire and pay full attention to his singing career.

All City really needs now is another quality midfield signing and an attacking fullback- stay the hell away from Alves.

zanela

He was deprived of any decent service again. With such robust and unimaginative midfield behind him, he has to rely on self-vision, much like Tevez has to do in his time at City. They 've a capable winger in A. Johnson who sparked City's attack once he came on last night but Mancini rather play the average G.Barry in MF. :wacko:
I thought the Bosnian's touch, control and hold up play helped in maintaining possession and driving the ball forward. Even when moved to the left in the sec half, he created space with his dribbles and delivered some nice squared passes in the box.
I'm still waiting for his debut goal. :(

Pepe Silvia

Credit to Aston Villa defenders for keeping him at bay. That run he made and low cross into the box was something else. Tevez was camped out at the other end of the sticks waiting to poke it in. Man City still weren't impressive collectively imho. The have talent galore but lack any understanding - like they know individually what they are trying to do but as a team they just seem lost and biting their tongues and just playing for $. Hart doesn't seem to fit the level they are going for. I like some of what I see from Kompany back there. His composure under pressure is pretty good from what I've seen. But Dzeko yes he is good.

B

blueduck

I'm not going to judge him until at least after 5 or 6 games. It would be foolish to judge him already.

He's played well considering he hasn't played for a while and he's in a new team and a new country playing a different style of football.

Metaphysical

Bomb Dropper
I'm not going to judge him until at least after 5 or 6 games. It would be foolish to judge him already.

He's played well considering he hasn't played for a while and he's in a new team and a new country playing a different style of football.

that's the main thing.

he had a few instances where his touch wasn't perfect and he dwelt on the ball too much and was dispossessed. he was quite clearly rusty and not as sharp as he should have been. but the ESPN pundits were saying "oh you won't get that much time in the Premier League!" ignoring the fact that he hasn't played for fucking ages. jesus, even Sky picked up on that!

antonnn

Blue Blooded Aussie
Fuck he's shit.

Jokes. He should be awesome once he returns to full fitness and sharpness. Was expecting Wolfsburg to slaughter more money out of City for him, good deal for them really to keep the price below 30m.

Raed

Dr. Raed St. Claire
I did not know he was injured. He seemed so rusty against Aston Villa.

How long was he out for and when was he out?

Home of Barca Fans