Eden Hazard

antonnn

Blue Blooded Aussie
Reports in France claims Hazard is open to a move to us over Arsenal. I'd definitely welcome the creativity he'd bring to the side.

Bergkamp10

He's openly stated that Arsenal are his dream club so I doubt he'd prefer Chelsea. Money talks though I guess but apparently Arsenal have first option on him. I still think we'll get him, Wenger talks about him quite openly which is very unusual for him.

Damon

He's openly stated that Arsenal are his dream club so I doubt he'd prefer Chelsea. Money talks though I guess but apparently Arsenal have first option on him. I still think we'll get him, Wenger talks about him quite openly which is very unusual for him.

Thats true, I also hope that come summer we'll try and sign him he'll be a great edition to the squad for sure. Although it seems that he is going for big money, apparently something near to £21m which I dont see us spending.

Bergkamp10

Thats true, I also hope that come summer we'll try and sign him he'll be a great edition to the squad for sure. Although it seems that he is going for big money, apparently something near to £21m which I dont see us spending.

I don't either although we can afford it. Wenger's always said if he really wants a player and thinks they're worth it he'll pay big money so hopefully he'll splurge out on Hazard. I didn't think he'd spend big money on Arshavin either so you never know. But the way he speaks about him makes me think that discussions with Lille could be advanced because he seems confident.

B

beautifulgame

Eden can go to the very top with the right guardianship. If he goes to Arsenal it is important if Wenger works with him for an extensive period before throwing him to the wolves; much like Ferguson does with all of his young talent.

Not that Wenger hasn't nurtured plenty of young players but only that he does tend to give players that are new to the league and new to the culture way too much responsibility too quickly, which is detrimental to the development of any player in the long run.

Bergkamp10

Because of Nasri and Walcott playing the way they are, I don't think Hazard would be thrown in straight away if Arsenal were to sign him which as you said would obviously help. Vermaelen being at Arsenal would help Hazard adapt too.

Have a horrible feeling Chelsea might get him and I really don't think they're the right club for him. Hope they get Payet instead.

Damon

I don't either although we can afford it. Wenger's always said if he really wants a player and thinks they're worth it he'll pay big money so hopefully he'll splurge out on Hazard. I didn't think he'd spend big money on Arshavin either so you never know. But the way he speaks about him makes me think that discussions with Lille could be advanced because he seems confident.

Yeah thats true I see where your coming from, I'm glad to hear that. It would be nice if hopefully we can put Chelsea aside in signing Hazard.

antonnn

Blue Blooded Aussie
He'd be fine at Chelsea, we need creativity, he's got it, and we need a good wide player who isn't 30+, he is it. Better than being touched in bad spots by Arsene.

Bergkamp10

He'd be fine at Chelsea, we need creativity, he's got it, and we need a good wide player who isn't 30+, he is it. Better than being touched in bad spots by Arsene.

Rather that then having a mobile stuffed up him by Cashley ;)

There is also another english club interested in Hazard..............

Liverpool? Think he wants CL football tbf which Liverpool can't offer him.

Robbie

Reports in France claims Hazard is open to a move to us over Arsenal. I'd definitely welcome the creativity he'd bring to the side.

If there isn't a quote it's most probably bullshit. Hazard isn't afraid of speaking to the press, and has said more than once he wants an Arsenal or Madrid move.

Jan2010: “Real Madrid and Arsenal are the clubs I dreamed of joining as a child,”.

“If I joined Inter or Barcelona and could play football there then that would be very good, but Real and Arsenal are really great and play at a very high technical level.”

Dec2010: “If I do leave at the end of the season, I don’t want to go somewhere where I will be on the bench. I am young, not 20 until next month, and it will be difficult to break through in a team like Real, where Ronaldo and Kaka will be my competitors. But there are teams like Arsenal, where youngsters can grow more easily into the first team and make their mark."

Also, Wenger quotes:

"He's a player that I have followed for some time, but I do not want to unsettle Lille now," explained Wenger.
"When he is available for transfer, we will see if there is the possibility to sign him."

and when told that Hazard dreams of playing for Arsenal

“It’s important for your dreams to come true,” Wenger replied.

He's coming to Arsenal this summer :party1:

Home of Barca Fans