Douglas Pereira dos Santos

Zangash

Banned
How many of you here have actually followed Sao Paulo and watched several of their games? Or are you all just making your opinions based on what your friend has heard from a friend of a friends father? Honestly I doubt most of you would've even known who he was before the transfer rumour appeared a couple weeks ago, yet everyone seems to have such a strong (negative) opinion about him.

I have never seen a single one of his games, I will admit. However, I have friends who are fans of Sao Paulo. I have friends who watch Brazilian football on a regular basis. I have friends who are fans of other Brazilian teams who know very well who he is.

Every one of them, without exception, has said Douglas is terrible. Every single one. There is no polarizing opinion on him, he is a mediocre RB in a crap league, according to anyone who HAS actually seen Sao Paulo play. The fact that we have never heard of him before should be a MAJOR red flag to everyone involved. I am not ashamed to admit I have no idea who the fuck this guy is, but I do know that generally when I hear opinions about a player I've never heard of if the opinion on him is almost unanimously negative, it's probably negative for a reason. He's so bad it wasn't even clear until now whether he was being bought for the first team or the B team. Imagine. Any other player we're linked with it is automatically known they're for the first team, but Douglas is so apparently bad that he was thought to be a B team purchase when interest in him was initially reported.

Now, all of these witnesses to his mediocrity could all turn out to have been wrong. He could end up being our heir to Dani Alves. He could go from being seen as a mediocre RB in a crap league to one of the best RBs in Europe's elitest competitions. I would not be upset one bit; in fact, I'd be happy for him and would laugh at opposing clubs' fans who will inevitably laugh at us for making such a shit signing. It just isn't likely going to happen. There is no visible, logical reason for why we would sign a player who has yet to prove himself in Brazil and proceed to ask him to perform in Europe. None whatsoever. The only explanation I can think of is since we're selling Song we need to fill his throne with a replacement. His heir. His successor. Lord Douglas.

Zebulun

I have. But read the opinion of a sao paulo supporter:

@ldaugusto 2 h
@lucasammr Thanked Barca just now for the purchase. Big surprise that a player of this level was hired by you guys and for a value this high
São Paulo won't miss him. 8 goals + assists in 70 league games. Really fast, stamina and good dribbler, but very low football IQ.
No disciplined enough and lots of defensive mistakes. Look at the heatmap of his last game http://www.footstats.net/HeatMap/311/70861/448/jogador_448_18211.jpg

If you understand portuguese, read some of sao paulo foruns. I'm yet to find one sp supporter who rates him.

Agree with you and lucas on this one. for me is one of the most reliable sources on a whole, Its a sad day when you're hoping that you're club is embezzling money, instead of making an informed choice about signing a total shit player.

Blaugrana Bull

HiiiPoWeR
What in the blue hell? Of course I want him to succeed but it is almost impossible that Douglas will become a useful player for Barca.

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo
I would really have loved to know what was going on in the minds of Zubi and the hierarchy as they deduced that this was the transfer to make. What possible emotional or rational (lol) thought process could ultimately conclude with clarity and confidence that Douglas was the one needed for us to complete our squad and that we should actively pursue or even pay for him?

Dexter

I have. But read the opinion of a sao paulo supporter:

@ldaugusto 2 h
@lucasammr Thanked Barca just now for the purchase. Big surprise that a player of this level was hired by you guys and for a value this high
São Paulo won't miss him. 8 goals + assists in 70 league games. Really fast, stamina and good dribbler, but very low football IQ.
No disciplined enough and lots of defensive mistakes. Look at the heatmap of his last game http://www.footstats.net/HeatMap/311/70861/448/jogador_448_18211.jpg

If you understand portuguese, read some of sao paulo foruns. I'm yet to find one sp supporter who rates him.
Their president says differently.
Surely Barcas' scouts must have seen something. They didn't just pick a random rightback (yes, insert your jokes about zubi). Barca must have the most pessimistic supporters I've ever met. I don't understand why it's so difficult to give him a chance, watch him play for us before you judge him?

If Chelsea fans came to this forum to read about Fabregas before they signed him, they must have thought they signed a shit player too based on what was written about him here. I don't believe everything I read, especially on the internet. There's a reason why Douglas was signed by one of the biggest clubs in the world. I can't wait to see him play, and I hope he does well. If he doesn't perform he won't play, simple as that.

Pepe Silvia

It would be nice if people could hold the board accountable for this move. They are taking fans, the team, and the general public as fools and they are endangering future deals with more of this shady type business. I'm not of the type to just say, "oh well" either. This type of deal taking us for complete idiots makes my blood boil.

Sid90

Surely Barcas' scouts must have seen something. They didn't just pick a random rightback (yes, insert your jokes about zubi). Barca must have the most pessimistic supporters I've ever met. I don't understand why it's so difficult to give him a chance, watch him play for us before you judge him?

If Chelsea fans came to this forum to read about Fabregas before they signed him, they must have thought they signed a shit player too based on what was written about him here. I don't believe everything I read, especially on the internet. There's a reason why Douglas was signed by one of the biggest clubs in the world. I can't wait to see him play, and I hope he does well. If he doesn't perform he won't play, simple as that.

Good example but Fab was not our best player but can change chelsea season quickly and make them a major contender for all trophies this season, may be mou's tactics will help Fab a lot while who knows with world class players in Barca and with a coach like Luis Douggy boy can be a world beater(I will give him a 50-50 chance to succeed at Barca). It will be fun to visit to this thread if that happens.

F

Flavia

You expected sao paulo's president to say he's crap? seriously? Btw, do you remember traffic? The one who sold henrique and keirrison to barça? They also got money from douglas. They owned 40% of his rights. So yes, they didn't pick a random rb, traffic "suggested" him. He is not a player of Barça's level. If you trust the scouting, I don't know what to say. after years of scouting cb's, Vermaelen was one of the names they came up with. And please don't compare Cesc to Douglas... Cesc is a wc player. He didn't fit the Barça system, but he is a very good player.

And you might not believe what is said in the internet, although all sp supporters don't rate him, but I've seen him play more than once, and I know very well what kind of player he is.

KingMessi

SiempreBlaugrana
It would be nice if people could hold the board accountable for this move. They are taking fans, the team, and the general public as fools and they are endangering future deals with more of this shady type business. I'm not of the type to just say, "oh well" either. This type of deal taking us for complete idiots makes my blood boil.

Agreed. IF he's a shit player for us.

CuleLife4Life

LOL their president wants the money Barca are paying. He'll say the sky is red if he has too. I'm Brazilian and watch Sao Paulo sometimes( for Ganso lol) and I can tell you myself that if I had to choose a member of Sao Paulo squad to go to Barca, it would take a long time before I got to Douglas. He is pretty forgettable when I watch him and a lot of Brazilians are flabbergasted that this deal happened.

The sad thing about this whole deal is that it seems like a shady move the board is doing so some people can get some money. I mean the guy is partially or fully owned by a group called Traffic who also had a hand in the Henrique and Kierisson deals.

Dexter

You expected sao paulo's president to say he's crap? seriously? Btw, do you remember traffic? The one who sold henrique and keirrison to barça? They also got money from douglas. They owned 40% of his rights. So yes, they didn't pick a random rb, traffic "suggested" him. He is not a player of Barça's level. If you trust the scouting, I don't know what to say. after years of scouting cb's, Vermaelen was one of the names they came up with. And please don't compare Cesc to Douglas... Cesc is a wc player. He didn't fit the Barça system, but he is a very good player.

And you might not believe what is said in the internet, although all sp supporters don't rate him, but I've seen him play more than once, and I know very well what kind of player he is.
You can have whatever opinion you want. If you judge him based on what you've seen from him that's fair enough.
But ok, Douglas is not a player of Barca's level according to you. I may or may not quote you on that later.

Djab

Wlecome Lord Douglas almighty! The natural succesor of Lord Song...

On the bench,

Or the stands.

Home of Barca Fans