Does the English Premier League deserve more Champions League Spots ?

What Should Happen ?

• La Liga Should Lose a CL Place.

Votes: 3 9.4%
  • English Premier League Should Gain a CL Place.

Votes: 4 12.5%
  • Nothing, Should Stay The Same.

Votes: 25 78.1%

• Total voters
B

BrianSwan

Newcastle & Arsenal better than Valencia :lol:

At the end of the season will probably be

1. Man City
2. Man Utd
3. Chelsea
4. Spurs
5. Liverpool
6. Arsenal

So Liverpool and Arsenal as good as Valencia? it's close.. and possible

dalitis8

Banned

1. Man City
2. Man Utd
3. Chelsea
4. Spurs
5. Liverpool
6. Arsenal

I agree that the English top 6 is definitely the strongest in Europe, but the most important question is "by how much"?

At times, Liverpool, Arsenal, Spurs, and even Chelsea, look far less potent than we tend to assume. Even the current EPL big boys, Man City, found it massively difficult to beat Villarreal 2-1 on their home turf, with a last gasp winner and an own goal. Please do keep in mind that Villarreal suffered serial defeats in Spain.

One more thing. After 3 1/2 rounds of CL football, none of the English teams has really impressed so far.

ivan22

before opening a poll we should be able to vote if the poll should be published. hilarious polls lately

Aryagorn

Improvin' Perfection!!

1. Man City
2. Man Utd
3. Chelsea
4. Spurs
5. Liverpool
6. Arsenal

hey! No swansea!? you dissappoint me :angry:

AnfieldEd

I am Leg End
I don't think the english top 6 is the strongest in europe.

However I don't think la liga or serie a's top 6 are that strong either.

However the Bundesliga does intrigue me a lot. The top 11 is only separated by 9 points and their top 6 atm looks very strong. Bayern, Schalke, Dortmund, Bremen and Stuttgart are among those spots. Hell atm Hamburg are in the relegation spot! So it intrigues me a lot that league.

I look forward for the next couple of years when the German league will have 4 of its clubs in the CL so aside from Bayern who are a european powerhouse, it will be interesting how the other clubs grow and develop.

La Furia

Legion of Doooom
I would put Spurs, Arsenal, Liverpool and Valencia on the same level. Villarreal was too, but they have gone to shit this year. Sevilla might be on the same level because their defense is so good. Malaga and Athletic are as good as any other EPL side. Atletico is too on their day, but you never know when that will be.

And Levante is better than all of them.

AnfieldEd

I am Leg End
Honestly dude.

You have one good player. One!

Yes of course we only have one good player - when you set the standard to barca player calibre - however when you set the standard to normal levels that clearly is not the case.

Anyway remind me again which team beat Valencia and Arsenal this year???

kkkkasd

1. Man City
2. Man Utd
3. Chelsea
4. Spurs
5. Liverpool
6. Arsenal

I wasn't trolling. This is exactly what I meant.

Which ever teams get 5th and 6th for the EPL are most likely going to be same or stronger than whatever team gets 3rd for La Liga. I just find it a little bit unfair that say Arsenal or Spurs have to miss out on a CL spot while Valencia can just walk right in.

And I seriously think both Arsenal and Spurs are better than whatever La Liga team gets third. Not so sure about Liverpool though, I've never really watched them.

Home of Barca Fans