Votes: 23 32.9%
  • No

Votes: 29 41.4%
  • A little

Votes: 18 25.7%

• Total voters

maz

I walk the line
Having said that, iceland are reported to have 7 nuclear weapons, and it's possible they could become a future world power. So maybe i should start learning a bit of icelandic.

Just in case.

PaulFCB

Banned
Good point, so is Finnish as well, or so I'm told.

Yeah, of course Finnish is very hard to learn, maybe Estonians and the Hungarians might find it easier because they are related but not Indo-European. Of course I dunno how much of a Scandinavian influence does Finnish have but for example Hungarian is totally from another galaxy then all the other European Languages.
Spanish and Catalan might be hard for non-Romance language speakers and that didn't yet learn a Romance language but as you learn one more Romance language the next is much easier.
My friends who left Romania and didn't know Italian or Spanish managed to do it in even 2 months starting from 0 and going directly to school over there, including Barcelona, and eventually being able to easily pass the Baccalaureate with less then 2 years of school abroad, even though the subjects are clearly easier then here in Romania, it's still something to be able to change the language so fast.

Twizku

The Twizmeister
I know only phrases/songs. I'm really bad at languages, except for Finnish and English as those are the two languages I speak with my family. Tried to learn German. That didn't work. Learning Swedish... still ( Finland has two offical languages and it's taught in schools ).That ain't working either.

Last edited:

putogusiluz8

The Pale One
Well Spanish is my first language, so yea. I can also understand most of the Latin languages for the most part due to their similarity to Spanish. I remember having a full conversation with a Portuguese friend on msn, he wrote in Portuguese and I wrote back in English. It's amazing, I hope one day to learn another romance language fluently.

ricknattery

Yes, it's my first language and I can understand catalan pretty well(but not talk in catalan), same for italian and portuguese

Sergio

Sergison
I speak Spanish and Gallego fluently. And as we all know Catala is a dialect so when you understand Spanish its possible to understand that also.

W

woobie

A little for me as well. I speak Italian and some (at this point rusty) French. By extension I can usually parse other Romance languages.

P

PhilS

I can kind of read Spanish, enough to understand most of the football articles. It's a great language for this sport.

Pedro17

Visca El Barca
I speak spanish. I'm sure i can understand catalan as well. Portugese I can understand for the most part.

barcetia

Mikrofonkåt
i like portuguese spanish accent.

like when dani speaks spanish, or crackovia cristiano prenouncing his own name:
ckhrishtianu rhunaldu

Home of Barca Fans