• Yes

Votes: 23 32.9%
  • No

Votes: 29 41.4%
  • A little

Votes: 18 25.7%

• Total voters

Tomba11

Out of curiosity, how many of Barca fans here speak the language?
I voted Yes but I'm not a fluent speaker of Spanish.
I read it without any major problems but to make conversations with more than two-three sentences is a little troublesome.

As of Catalán, which is a little more like French, I've recently started to learn it again because I'm going down to Barcelona in July-August. :)

Speakers of Spanish can get a little confused while in Catalunya. :lol:

Quell

study both spanish and catalan
spanish much longer and for no reason, just to know it, may be useful
catalan I've been studying for almost four months (because it's imposible to find a teacher, i'm lucky!) I like it very much and it gives me more motivation to learn it. if I want to say anything I start to think in catalan first, then portugues, then spanish or english... crazy ))

AnfieldEd

I am Leg End
Well I know some Spanish to get by when I am over in Barcelona.

But really they my family over there speak english to me anyway, but I have a book on the catalan language that an old friend of ours of the old forum Raul? told me about. So I find that interesting.

nebeer

Love is All
Not yet. Though I guess I will learn a bit of Spanish in the future as I go to Barcelona. Are Spanish and Catalan a lot different?

Cule Angles

Visca el filòsof!
Not yet. Though I guess I will learn a bit of Spanish in the future as I go to Barcelona. Are Spanish and Catalan a lot different?

They're both from the same linguistic group (ibero-romance languages) but they are significantly different.

Home of Barca Fans