David Luiz: Yay or Nay?

Yay or nay?

• Total voters
F

Flavia

Barça is officially bidding for him. Do you want him as a cb, or not? And why?

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo
No.

1) Far too expensive, all the indications of a panic signing which make us pay through the roof for a defender that likely won't have that good of an output
2) Very error prone and wanders way too much, not to mention recklessness and obsession with being an attacking player. He's best as a DM, the Confeds cup proves nothing in his case as Brazil was heavily protected by having Silva and a double pivot.

He has potential and is a fan-favorite type player, but efficiency is what we need in a defender and that's not his forte. I don't care if he can pull off the spectacular every now and then, he'll still most likely be a liability from what he's shown in the past.

Fishdoll

Bakalao
Yaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyyy...

Because it sounds cuter than neeeeeeeeyyyyyyyyyy.

Hello, darling!

And I can't decide about Bob. Would love to see him away from Chelsea but am far from sure Barcelona is a good fit for him. I also half suspect that whoever's bought (if anyone) is going to end up hosed.

jamrock

yes, so obvious he will be great no need to write an essay about it.

anyone who says no us stupid.

Tomchin

I voted yay. Surely it can't be worser than signing no-one.

Btw, shouldn't the poll rather have been, who do you choose: Luiz or Agger? (because that's the 2 players we're bidding at for the moment)?

ebc_99

He would be a great signing, he doesn't suit Chelsea style but would fit in well as Camp Nou.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

Rival

Yes, obviously we are in dire need of a CB and considering the options in the market David Luiz is a great choice. There is simply not much better around and certainly not for a 'cheap price'. I do love to get Mangala from Porto, but Porto always seem to get the highest price possible for their players... so that would be tough.

jamrock

i have also noticed here there and every where people saying he plays best as a dm, i simply say think a little and only a little and you will see that the starting spot of a dm at chelsea and the positions he takes up, looks amazingly similar to that which a barca. cb takes up 8 times out. of 10 when the system is working correctly, which is way masch looked so good there when we where playing the system correctly.

except now with luiz we will have a actually cb who can play 10 yards deeper the 2 times out of 10 we will be forced in that position.

Cruijffista

SOY ANTIMADRIDISTA
I think he would suit our style perfectly.

The club can not go into the new season w/o a new defender. That would be unacceptable.

Home of Barca Fans