Dani Ceballos

God Serena

True.

Suarez was found guilty of racially abusing a player and bit others a few times. But as others said, what he said about Catalunya and Catalans is different.

Not really. Like I Said in the Saul thread, those comments were made by a twitter troll. Some testosterone fueled kid with a cell phone is definitely different from Suarez being arguably the most hated player in England for perfectly valid reasons.

We would have to be total morons to sign this guy who said such things regarding Catalan people. TOTAL MORONS with zero self respect and zero respect towards Catalans but luckily we are not that stupid.

You know, I actually have a pretty strong Catalan influence (It's why I'm a Barca fan). I've been asked by some who don't follow the club as strictly as I do why we don't try to sign Ceballos, as he's so good. If I told them it was because he sent out nasty tweets about Catalans five years ago as a teen whose balls had barely even dropped they'd tell me I'm crazy.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
MD/Sport will definitely put up a poll on their website soon. Let's see what the locals think then.

You'd think he'll be the only world class mid in the next decade. :rolleyes:

No shame man, no shame.

Obviously not. Thiago is one now. Saul will become one. Isco is one. Kovacic got the talent to develop into one. Verratti is another one at PSG. Koke arguably World Class too even though his level dropped.

Did I forget Modric and Kroos? What about Bernardo Silva? Or the dabbing-machine Pogba?

Do you see my point now? Denis is far from as big of a talent as any of the guys mentioned including Ceballos. Gomes might yet make it I guess, but he isn't the best fit IMO and I thought his signing was good back then if you look at his thread. He wasn't always this bad although I think he should still be sold.

We don't know how Alena will do although he need to be given chances and I hope he makes it.

But despite that, the club will have to sign players for the midfield too and we continue to hit bad luck or not take our chances on good market opportunities.

Ceballos will not be the last WC MF, but there won't be 30 of them either and what's the point if we keep missing out all the time?

You cannot keep doing this for years. It's insanity to sign guys like Paulinho and a year later regret you didn't sign that or this player when you could have and it's not only about Ceballos, but other players too like B. Silva who went to City for 50m.

Last edited:

Messi983

And not only other teams fans, but also by Barça fans around the world, not only "local" fans that goes to the games regularly.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Even if they did those polls can easily be hijacked by fans of other teams. Sure they have been in past.

Yeah, you're right.

Not much else to go by as far as the locals are concerned though. Although plenty of them on Twitter want the club to sign Ceballos and are already freaking out over Real Madrid signing him. Guess you can say desperation is kicking in.

JamDav1982

He wont be signed but if he was those tweets would be forgotten in an instant if he played well and showed himself to have matured.

Always the way in football. Short memories and performance trumps anything else in how people feel about players.

Sorin

MD/Sport will definitely put up a poll on their website soon. Let's see what the locals think then.

Obviously not. Thiago is one now. Saul will become one. Isco is one. Kovacic got the talent to develop into one. Verratti is another one at PSG. Koke arguably World Class too even though his level dropped.

Did I forget Modric and Kroos? What about Bernardo Silva? Or the dabbing-machine Pogba?

Do you see my point now? Denis is far from as big of a talent as any of the guys mentioned including Ceballos. Gomes might yet make it I guess, but he isn't the best fit IMO and I thought his signing was good back then if you look at his thread. He wasn't always this bad although I think he should still be sold.

We don't know how Alena will do although he need to be given chances and I hope he makes it.

But despite that, the club will have to sign players for the midfield too and we continue to hit bad luck or not take our chances on good market opportunities.

Ceballos will not be the last WC MF, but there won't be 30 of them either and what's the point if we keep missing out all the time?

You cannot keep doing this for years. It's insanity to sign guys like Paulinho and a year later regret you didn't sign that or this player when you could have and it's not only about Ceballos, but other players too like B. Silva who went to City for 50m.

I agree with everything you said. I'm as mad as anyone on this failure of a board. But you just gave and example of a good player signed for reasonable fee just this summer (B. Silva). He has 1 or 2 years since he made a name for himself. Players will rise eventually. Every other year you could see someone putting everything together and becoming world class. Ceballos will not be the last.

The board is responsible for our shit signings and not the lack of good players, surely you can agree with that. Improve that and we won't be this desperate for every other dude showing promise.

For me Ceballos putting a Barca shit is definitive no. But I'm not the one making the decisions so whatever.

Last edited:

gasgas

Oh dear, I really hadn't noticed this player before.
Wow, he's very skilled.

Don't let him go to Madrid.
We can't let Madrid continue getting all the good young talents Come on, Isco, asensio, varane, kovacic, morata, Theo Hernandez, Vallejo etc etc.

While we go after Paulinho and stuff.

This is exactly why Madrid is now the best, they buy well.

Bad behavior. Forget that, it can be changed.
People say bad words all the time
Everyone here has said things in the past that they regret/wish they hadn't said.

If I were Robert I would approach the player with promises on a future at Barca's midfield and reconcile him with the fans.

Unfortunately Paulinho, Lucas Lima, Parejo are our bread and butter at the moment :(

Barcilliant

Just fucking sign him. If he turns out shit or has a shitty attitude we'll loan or sell. 15 million is chump change. We've signed alot worse for alot more.

So he talked shit as a kid? We all have.

Barca need to lose the holier then thou attitude.

Sorin

Good riddance.

Btw even if we pay the release clause, the player has to actually agree to join. It's not like first come, first served.

Home of Barca Fans