Dani Ceballos

mc_lovin

And?
Ceballos has been on loan and is looking to be sold, Valverde is at the club, getting minutes with no rumors of him being sold.

They aren't remotely comparable, try something different.

Valverde is a vastly superior player to Ceballos, but that's not the point. I just think he's not first 11 material for you guys (players in the mold of Kroos, Modric, Casemiro... legends).

Like Camavinga is (1A talents). Or Frenkie and Pedri for us.

Last edited:

Morten

Valverde is a vastly superior player to Ceballos, but that's not the point. I just think he's not first 11 material for you guys (players in the mold of Kroos, Modric, Casemiro... legends).

We'll see, Modric should be rotated more this season, though Ancelotti isn't known for rotating a lot.
At some point his age will have to show, already does in CL, in la liga? This could be that year.

Kroos plays all the time as well, but given that he doesn't play for his NT anymore, he doesn't need much rest.

Last edited:

El Gato

Villarato!

Khedira?

I don't agree with the take either way. This notion that Fede is some pedestrian player or midfield Nacho whose main quality is that he doesn't let up is a narrative I'd expect to hear from serghei.
Fede will be starting because he's just renewed and danger to him is not Camavinga but Pogba on a free who'd come in and take that spot purely on Perez fantasy rather than merit. Fede is a fantastic decision maker while Edu has often been suspect making eager runs into spaces where he finds himself lost with no support. That alone will keep the current order of the side.

In fact this season it's dumb to claim Edu will be preferred over him directly because he's not even going to play CM with Carlo wanting to convert Asensio to Kroos spot leaving Edu as rotation for Casemiro

Last edited:

mc_lovin

Khedira?

I don't agree with the take either way. This notion that Fede is some pedestrian player whose main quality is that he doesn't let up is a narrative I'd expect to hear from serghei.
Fede will be starting because he's just renewed and danger to him is not Camavinga but Pogba on a free who'd come in and take that spot purely on Perez fantasy rather than merit. Fede is a fantastic decision maker while Edu has often been suspect making eager runs into spaces where he finds himself lost with no support. That alone will keep the current order of the side.

Sure, it's an entitled opinion that Real or Barcelona should have (or go for) 3 worldclass midfielders. And I get that Real fans are defensive about Valverde, because he's very likable, has some nice qualities and so on, but just watching him on the ball does nothing for me. He looks clumsy and average technically. Maybe that's my bias as a Barcelona fan, but then again I have no problem admitting that Camavinga looks like pure class.

mc_lovin

In fact this season it's dumb to claim Edu will be preferred over him directly because he's not even going to play CM with Carlo wanting to convert Asensio to Kroos spot leaving Edu as rotation for Casemiro

Casemiro will be set in stone most likely. Modric needs a successor sooner rather than later. Just looking at midfield balance Kroos/Isco/Asensio*-Casemiro-Modric/Camavinga/Valverde makes the most sense. And from Modric (age), Valverde and Camavinga I would bet on the latter to eventually take the starting spot.

*Asensio will be irrelevant most likely unless Ancelotti works some magic.

fergus90

Valverde has outpeformed Frenkie in every Clasico they've faced each other in so far. That alone speaks for the talent Valverde has. Definitely isn't a Illarramendi, Ceballos, Odegaard etc. He's already established himself around the first team more than any of those 3 ever did.

El Gato

Villarato!
I don't know why it's defensive to claim Fede doesn't even play in same area as Edu. Don't see how they're incompatible in one team either, lot depends on how the rest stacks up and whether we'll even play midfield 3 going forward (since thats always assumed by some folk). Gattuso was hardly a world class man in a midfield with 3 other fantastic offensive players. Even Seedorf would today be labelled as the guy that lacks a pass and plays on conditioning alone.
Seems like it's just the quality of the original jibe as if I'm meant to be worried players I rate are average. Lol, ok, way off target ;) even when you look at the current order of the side

Casemiro will be set in stone most likely. Modric needs a successor sooner rather than later. Just looking at midfield balance Kroos/Isco/Asensio*-Casemiro-Modric/Camavinga/Valverde makes the most sense. And from Modric (age), Valverde and Camavinga I would bet on the latter to eventually take the starting spot.

*Asensio will be irrelevant most likely unless Ancelotti works some magic.

Don't think he will be irrelevant cuz Madrid need Carlo to make something off him whether it means becoming a CAM full time or just playing well for a year so we can sell before his contract ends in 2023.

Even then I don't see how Edu fits at RCM over Fede. He's 19, new, doesnt speak language, knows nobody. Best job to give him is kill off attacks as that can be done by any guy with qualities of Lassana Diarra.

Last edited:

Laplacian

Fede's not a pure attacking midfielder but he's versatile, direct and though he's not as good as Modric he's also pretty good technically. He can easily play in Modric's role, since Modric's more of a high workrate no.8 than a pure creative player. Agreed that his competitor would be a prospective Pogba transfer, not Camavinga.

El Gato

Villarato!
Did Ancelotti mention something? Camavinga is 100% a CM for me, not a DM.

Did he have to?
Look at the team. Only player lacking backup is Casemiro. Which will change next year and Edu can move upfield if coach wants him to. Or he will anyway and we use Isco/Asensio in diamond or wide left in flat 4. Bar some disastrous form from Fede there's no reason to think Edu will take his spot this or any other season.

serghei

Valverde is kind of box-to-box, but more on the defensive side. He's more like a Samy Khedira. Not a playmaker at all, but he's pretty fast, tenacious, and appears well in offense. More of a jack of all trades midfielder. Doesn't excel at anything but does many things reasonably well.

Also similar a bit to younger Rakitic.

Last edited:

mc_lovin

Did he have to?
Look at the team. Only player lacking backup is Casemiro. Which will change next year and Edu can move upfield if coach wants him to. Or he will anyway and we use Isco/Asensio in diamond or wide left in flat 4. Bar some disastrous form from Fede there's no reason to think Edu will take his spot this or any other season.

I am sure he can play as a backup DM (like Frenkie for us), but it's a waste of everyone's time. I am sure he will succeed as a CM (and clash with Valverde in the process).

Messigician

Valverde is kind of box-to-box, but more on the defensive side. He's more like a Samy Khedira. Not a playmaker at all, but he's pretty fast, tenacious, and appears well in offense. More of a jack of all trades midfielder. Doesn't excel at anything but does many things reasonably well.

Also similar a bit to younger Rakitic.

Lmfao what.

He's nothing like fkn turtle Khedira

El Gato

Villarato!
I am sure he can play as a backup DM (like Frenkie for us), but it's a waste of everyone's time. I am sure he will succeed as a CM (and clash with Valverde in the process).

Well, it isn't a waste of time from business perspective when you have other players you're paying money to, which you need to make useful or sell.

Why he clashes with Fede even in the future is something you still haven't explained and clearly assuming we'll play midfield 3 90% of the time for next 5-10 years, but we can leave that since you seem exceptionally orthodox on the matter and been that way for long as I can remember.

Home of Barca Fans