Dani Ceballos

El Gato

Villarato!
Ondabetica claims he's going to return to Betis in winter on loan until the end of contract with Betis agreeing to pay solidarity of 15-20M in 2023 when Ceballos contract runs out if RM agrees to pay 80% of his wage until then. Deal was done on deadline day, but couldn't be completed and RM agreed to this structure because allegedly Betis would be in trouble with FFP.

Guess that's my L to take. Once rated him with bigger upside than Llorente. Injuries, bad decisions.. maybe there's still hope for him at 25 and if he has another good 1-2 seasons he might find himself as role player in a bigger club. Or maybe he's just another Illarramendi

mc_lovin

Odegaard next (if that's not a L already) ;-)

Edit: Valverde is not safe either. Camavinga is a better talent (for me).

Last edited:

mc_lovin

What's Valverde got to do with Edu? They play on opposite sides of the field.

When you think 3 steps ahead Valverde-DM-Camavinga doesn't look very balanced (unless one of them adapts to DM). And for now there can only be one, Highlander style, playing with Casemiro, Kroos and Modric. I wouldn't be surprised if Camavinga is a first 11 player at the end of the season (direct Modric replacement) and Valverde remains squad player #12-15.

Quite frankly, I don't think Valverde is a great talent. He has a few very nice qualities (pace, directness, workrate), but I would be surprised if that's enough for Real Madrid.

fergus90

Valverde has already kind of ‘made it’ though hasn’t he, and always seems to play well in the Clasico

Laplacian

When you think 3 steps ahead Valverde-DM-Camavinga doesn't look very balanced (unless one of them adapts to DM). And for now there can only be one, Highlander style, playing with Casemiro, Kroos and Modric. I wouldn't be surprised if Camavinga is a first 11 player at the end of the season (direct Modric replacement) and Valverde remains squad player #12-15.

Quite frankly, I don't think Valverde is a great talent. He has a few very nice qualities (pace, directness, workrate), but I would be surprised if that's enough for Real Madrid.

Camavinga is a box to box destroyer with the technical ability of an attacking midfielder. Valverde imo is a like to like replacement of Modric. It looks quite balanced and imo strong when you add Casemiro in.

mc_lovin

Camavinga is a box to box destroyer with the technical ability of an attacking midfielder. Valverde imo is a like to like replacement of Modric. It looks quite balanced and imo strong when you add Casemiro in.

I don't think he has an ounce of his technical ability. I am not sure they will settle for an admittedly good squad player in CM. Camavinga on the other hand looks really fucking talented. But we will see where they end up positionally.

Morten

And?
Ceballos has been on loan and is looking to be sold, Valverde is at the club, getting minutes(he is playing well btw) with no rumors of him being sold.

They aren't remotely comparable, try something different.

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans