Croatia

Pablo Escobar

Perisic at Barca? lol, let's be serious, we have standards.
Always scores? 7 goals in 34 games for Inter, good maybe for Valencia or Real Sociedad.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
13466258_805543446212526_8244218974844637348_n.jpg

Srna looking at sky after a win, for his dad, who died 9 days ago

Captain played great today.

JerseyAddict

Subašić says Modrić sent a word to him how Ramos will shoot. Busquets tried to warn Ramos but he was confident to score.

I read Iniesta interview saying: I suposed to shoot but Ramos took the ball with confidence he'll surely score. Silva also wanted to shoot. But we always let to shoot the player who is selfconfident he'll score.

We'll. We all know how that one ended. LOL

DennyCrane

I really liked Pjaca's performance yesterday and just read that he might be the next big thing. How do the resident croatians rate him considering talent and possible development; maybe even being Barca material in the future ?

Topolino

Gemusesuppe
Fact is that Croatia has a terrific team and they have 2 world class midfielders there. They're bound to produce more. Pjaca looked quite decent yesterday. I'd happily see us bid 4-6 m for him and send him on a long loan to a decent La Liga team - maybe he's even good enough to offer competition here.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Denny, not sure about him being the next big thing. Ćorić is more talented imo.

Then again, I haven't watched a lot of Dinamo matches this season.

dakt

What I like about Pjaca is that he likes to dribble and he does it well...we haven't had such a player for a long time. Where will his story end, only God knows. For now, he's doing really good.

BBZ8800

I really liked Pjaca's performance yesterday and just read that he might be the next big thing. How do the resident croatians rate him considering talent and possible development; maybe even being Barca material in the future ?

Denny, not sure about him being the next big thing. Ćorić is more talented imo.

Then again, I haven't watched a lot of Dinamo matches this season.

Denny, I personally love Pjaca.
Since he is of somewhat similar age as Halilovic (ok, Pjaca is 95' and Halilovic is 96') and since our forum still believes that Halilovic could be a starter material for Barca, we can make some comparisons.

I have mentioned tons of times that I don't believe in Halilovic because of his (imo) horrible real life and footballing IQ.
A guy just isn't smart and that's it.
He can run and dribble, but his decisions and vision can be horrible too often for my taste.

On other hand, Pjaca is physically stronger/taller player, with much higher IQ (both his general IQ and footballing IQ). You should listen to interviews from Pjaca and Halil to media, then a lot of things would make more sense and why Halil just runs and dribbles without thinking too much about other things.

I don't think that any of those 2 is Barca's material.
But I rate Pjaca as a better player all round player and a player who might have a better career in the future.
I can imagine Pjaca in Arsenal, Liverpool, Tottenham, Milan, Roma or something like that and being a good player there.
About Halil, since he is our player, same nationality and a similar age, I don't see Halil as Barca's player, but I still can't imagine him succeeding even in Arsenal/Tottenham with his footballing IQ.

About young Croatian players, some will say that NT coach has called only youngsters from Dinamo Zagreb, because Dinamo's owner Mamic is his friend (corruption) and that they played only because they need to get sold and hyped.
But then, 3 youngsters (2 from Dinamo, Cm Rog and Rw Pjaca) and a defender Jedvaj (Leverkusen) played yesterday and they didn't look like a scam at all.
Against a Spain, who hasn't lost on Euros since 2004, and who didn't concede a goal like for years...
Rog was somewhat lost, but he was fighting and running a lot.
Pjaca was somewhat impressed in the 1st half, but later started to dribble with ease in the 2nd half.
While Cb Jedvaj stopped Morata and Spanish attackers.

Bojan mentioned young Cm Coric, I personally don't see that much potential in him.
I also have some fears about IQ/mental strength and other things.

So, I personally rate Pjaca as the brightest young Croatian player, but I don't see him reaching Barca/Real level.
Even though, everything is always possible. Who knows how will someone develop and explode in the future.

About his style, he reminds me somewhat of younger Robin Van Persie from Arsenal's days.
He "runs" somewhat similar, dribbles somewhat similar, and has similar type of shooting the ball...
About his mental strengths, guy seems very smart on and off the field, he is not scared to take any opponent, and isn't too selfish (even though he is somewhat selfish like all youngsters).
He had a huge injury a few months before Euro, and he is currently off form, to some extent, he hasn't played for Months.
So, actually, if you liked what you have seen, imo, this guy can play 20-30% better when he is in full physical fitness.

Plus, wikipedia says that he 1,86 cm tall, which is quite ok since he is quite fast, with fast dribbles for that height, and he doesn't fall THAT easily (except like yesterday when he wanted a penalty..)
He usually plays as a left winger, but he can also play as a forward or a right winger, like yesterday against Spain.

Here is one video which I posted about Pjaca already 2-3 times before Euros when we talked about Pjaca, Halilovic and some other young players:

Against Celtic last season in Europa league, aged 19:

Last edited:

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Our attack is so much better without Mandžukić, I hope Čačić saw that.

Mandzo might have been off but too early to discount him yet.
Would Kalinić have so much strength to press and run had he played in first 2 matches?

Home of Barca Fans