Cristiano Ronaldo - v1

Icarium

Lifestealer
Argentina winning copa is nothing compared to Portugal winning Euro. But individual performances matter for Ballon D'or. What good is the trophy if Ronaldo went completely missing for the rest of the cup just like last two matches. Messi has played good in every match he played, if Ronaldo does that too then I agree. It is not just about Portugal winning the cup, it is also about his contribution to making that happen.

barcafan161

Argentina winning copa is nothing compared to Portugal winning Euro. But individual performances matter for Ballon D'or. What good is the trophy if Ronaldo went completely missing for the rest of the cup just like last two matches. Messi has played good in every match he played, if Ronaldo does that too then I agree. It is not just about Portugal winning the cup, it is also about his contribution to making that happen.

Well without him today they are out..

Can't compare copa really with euro not given the team-mates messi has with Argentina.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire

Sure, but the silverware matters more than individual performances, unfortunately. And let's not forget Ronaldo is already ahead because he has the CL trophy, which is huge.

GetIn

Hold your horses, they'll have to beat Croatia first, they probably won't get past them, but if they do Wales, and Poland are essentially on the the same level as them; one megastar, a few decent supporting players, then a bunch of nobodies. This is the same team that drew with Austria, Hungary and Iceland.

Then again, CR7 teams tend to get insanely lucky at all the right moments so I wouldn't put it past them to make the finals and win it on an own goal.

barcafan161

The point is, no credit can ever beengiven to Ronaldo, unless he beats the barcas and germanys of the world single-handely. So ofc he wouldnt deserve credit if he takes them to the final, unless he scores a hatrick vs Spain/Germany, no tap-ins, they would have to be solo-goals as well.

Messi doesn't beat teams on his own so why are the rules different?

I get it a lot hate Ronaldo but you can still be level headed and dislike him

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Hold your horses, they'll have to beat Croatia first, they probably won't get past them, but if they do Wales, and Poland are essentially on the the same level as them; one megastar, a few decent supporting players, then a bunch of nobodies. This is the same team that drew with Austria, Hungary and Iceland.

Then again, CR7 teams tend to get insanely lucky at all the right moments so I wouldn't put it past them to make the finals and win it on an own goal.

Wales and Poland have nothing to show for unless Bale and Lewandowski comes through big time for them. I'd argue a Ronaldo-less Portugal is much better than a Poland minus Lewandowski and a Wales that is without Bale.

Hamzah

High Definition Member
I like this guy. He gets so much negativity but always proves his doubters wrong. It's a shame he's played for clubs I hate.

Weird how when ibra is arrogant he gets a free pass and people kissing his ass even though he's a flop at big moments. Ronaldo has proven his doubters wrong many times and performed in big moments

Morten

I like this guy. He gets so much negativity but always proves his doubters wrong. It's a shame he's played for clubs I hate.

Weird how when ibra is arrogant he gets a free pass and people kissing his ass even though he's a flop at big moments. Ronaldo has proven his doubters wrong many times and performed in big moments

There has always been one rule for Zlatan and a different one for the rest.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire

Welcome back Hamzah! Ronaldo of course is one of the best, like it nor not, it would be a fool to deny this. But many people, not just us Barca fans don't like him because of his ego, his antics and the way he handles himself (take what he said about Iceland as an example). Personally, yeah I would have liked him more if he wasn't playing for Real Madrid, but not much more.

Ibra on the other hand I think is much more comical, people don't think he is SERIOUSLY that arrogant and he seriously means what he said. People can't bring themselves to not like him because of that.

Home of Barca Fans