Cristiano Ronaldo - v1

dakt

Freaking respect. Wish there were more people like me and you who can cheer for one team yet be realistic and honest about the other one. I'm a RM fan and I admit that atm Messi is the best player in the world by far. Yet when I said that Ronaldo was the best player of all time in his 2007-2010(aprox) years Barca fans will make fun of me. Well I'm glad that in a few years it will be a difference pointless discussion ( Neymar vs Hazard or whatever).

Well, that statement is a subject of laugh. REALISTICALLY speaking. Especially when speaking of him and especially the statement "Best of all time in certain time frame"!?.
Ronaldo is just the best card that RM can throw on the table in the Messi era. RM flag carrier. Of course it will be blown out of proportions, driven mostly by RM machinery (club, media and fans) and MU fans also.

Realistically, gap is huge. You can put 3 elephants, 2 polar bears and north american chipmunk.

Paganinisrvnge

Without that third goal against Dortmund they go out the CL in the quarter finals.

These rules to Ronaldo get applied... yet Messi scoreds five 'meaningless' goals against Leverkusen and its evidence he is the greatest ever.

Ronaldo has never even scored a hat trick in the knockout stages of the champions league. I just did the research. Messi has the 4 goals vs arsenal and the 5 goals vs Bayer Leverkusen.

JamDav1982

Ronaldo has never even scored a hat trick in the knockout stages of the champions league. I just did the research. Messi has the 4 goals vs arsenal and the 5 goals vs Bayer Leverkusen.

What point are you trying to make?

I dont think anyone is claiming Ronaldo has had a hat trick in the CL.

In your opinion were Messi's 5 goals vs Leverkusen meaningless over the tie?

Paganinisrvnge

What point are you trying to make?

I dont think anyone is claiming Ronaldo has had a hat trick in the CL.

In your opinion were Messi's 5 goals vs Leverkusen meaningless over the tie?

They were but it was still amazing to watch. You're trying to diminish Messis achievements but Ronaldo hasn't come close to them. Look how much Ronaldo suffers without Modric and James creating. He's become a tap in king with the occasional nice long distance strike. Hopefully he continues this goal drought but I'm almost 100% certain he'll get a couple easy goals vs Schalke for everyone to try to put him on Messis level again.

JamDav1982

They were but it was still amazing to watch. You're trying to diminish Messis achievements but Ronaldo hasn't come close to them. Look how much Ronaldo suffers without Modric and James creating. He's become a tap in king with the occasional nice long distance strike. Hopefully he continues this goal drought but I'm almost 100% certain he'll get a couple easy goals vs Schalke for everyone to try to put him on Messis level again.

'Trying to diminish Messi achievements'?

What on earth are you going on about?

I think Messi is the best ever and think it is phenomenal he scored five vs Leverkusen. Regardless of when they were scored during the tie.

I apply the same rules to Messi and Ronaldo people like you seem not to and try to rewrite history to make Ronaldos record breaking goals in the CL largely meaningless.

JamDav1982

He does have a very high level of insecurity though.

In some ways but I bet he would pass a lie detector test if asked who he think is the greatest player ever!

He genuinely believes he is the best and a lot of his frustration comes from other people not aknowledging it in my opinion.

Morten

Both Messi and Ronaldo has had better cl-campaigns than the ones with 14 and 17 goals imo. 2011/12 Ronaldo got like 11 or 12, but most of them were actually important, Messi had 11 or something when they won the cl, but played better and more vital goals. When Messi got 14, half of them were meaningless and he couldnt do it when it mattered the most,with a few exceptions, the same is true for Ronaldos 17.

Last edited:

MaxY

Devil May Cry
It'll be interesting to see if Ronaldo can catch up in CL scorers chart. He's sharing 3rd place with his 5 goals. Messi is second with 8 goals and Adriano is first with 9 but let's be real, with Shaktar facing bayern adriano won't be winning it. Pretty much the only way is that he scores a shitton vs Schalke and/or Barcelona (Messi) losing vs City .

Barcadub

All the media etc saying Ronaldo was going to smash Messi's 50 goal record.

That he could score 60+ goals.

Siiiit down.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
It'll be interesting to see if Ronaldo can catch up in CL scorers chart. He's sharing 3rd place with his 5 goals. Messi is second with 8 goals and Adriano is first with 9 but let's be real, with Shaktar facing bayern adriano won't be winning it. Pretty much the only way is that he scores a shitton vs Schalke and/or Barcelona (Messi) losing vs City .

No worries, Ronaldo will score a load against Schalke, despite Di Mateo.

Home of Barca Fans