Cr150

malvolio

Because football is on way higher level then when gerd was active

Its not fair to gerd, pele... but its what it is

It is true, but on the other hand CR7(and every other player) has also money and technology to help him. The advances in nutrition, training and health are on another level. In Gerd's era you had footballers who played the game part time, players who would get drunk and play the next day. These days we have professionals who aim for money and trophies. The romantic era is gone.
Take a Gerd Muller now, sign him up with Nike at 19 years old, slap a PR machine behind him, have Jorge Mendes as his manager and Ferguson as his coach and see what happens.

Last edited:

malvolio

Well, that makes it even more commendable.

But I don't agree. He sure didn't had that eye catching elite talent, but still a lot of natural talent was there, otherwise Ferguson wouldn't have asked for him. His dribbles made sense, he ran faster than most, jumped higher than most, his heading is top notch, finishing is top notch, rarely misses penalties, has excellent reading of the game. Sure, on paper they look like they can be attained from hard work, but its not that easy. You need massive commitment and mentality to achieve that, otherwise there might be many like him today.

Not saying he doesn't deserve the praise or he doesn't have talent. But if I would have to pay now to see a player, I would definitely pick the likes of Cruyff, Zidane or R9, before him.
For the casual fan football is another form of intertainment and Cristiana isn't providing that since he left Man Utd.

Last edited:

Andrew M

Not saying he doesn't deserve the praise or he doesn't have talent. But if I would have to pay now to see a player, I would definitely pick the likes of Cruyff, Zidane or R9, before him.
For the casual fan football is another form of intertainment and Cristiana isn't providing that since he left Man Utd.

So you actually believe that the casual football fan hasn't enjoyed watching Ronaldo since he left Utd? I think you're delusional tbh.

malvolio

So you actually believe that the casual football fan hasn't enjoyed watching Ronaldo since he left Utd? I think you're delusional tbh.

On the contrary, his audience might have risen after the transfer to Real. Doesn't make him more watchable than the others mentioned.

FCB1987

Banned
If he wins the CL with Lukaku next season, then he'd be a very serious �� contender

Last edited:

abbbs97

there have been a lot of Ronaldo fans pretending to be Messi/Barca fans on here lately. Mods need to be aware of this.

Ronaldo is of course one of the greatest players in history but I dont find him enjoyable to watch at all. Especially lately. Even comparing him to Messi is a crime. He is nowhere near Messi's level.

FCB1987

Banned
there have been a lot of Ronaldo fans pretending to be Messi/Barca fans on here lately. Mods need to be aware of this.

Ronaldo is of course one of the greatest players in history but I dont find him enjoyable to watch at all. Especially lately. Even comparing him to Messi is a crime. He is nowhere near Messi's level.

Comparing Ronaldo to Messi is a mild offense when there are people still calling Busquets the best DM in the world and Dembele a generational talent near Mbappe's level

KingLeo10

Comparing Ronaldo to Messi is a mild offense when there are people still calling Busquets the best DM in the world and Dembele a generational talent near Mbappe's level

you should lock yourself up first, because calling Mbappe a generational talent (R9, Messi, Maradona level) is the worst of those 3 crimes.

dude posted a no show v Madrid in 2018 and lost to Memechester United's group of academy players at home.

The only truly great game at the top level he's had is the WC R of 16 v Argentina. but good players have had those 1 or 2 standout performances before.

:lol:

Last edited:
If anyone is still undecided where Cr7 and Messi are in their GOAT lists then I'm afraid that they will forever be undecided. We have been watchong these 2 beasts at the top for the last 10 years. We have seen all we need to see. Even a World Cup win for either doesn't make either a better player per se. For me, Ronny is 15th and Leo 1st and that's the end of it.

FCB1987

Banned
you should lock yourself up first, because calling Mbappe a generational talent (R9, Messi, Maradona level) is the worst of those 3 crimes.

dude posted a no show v Madrid in 2018 and lost to Memechester United's group of academy players at home.

The only truly great game at the top level he's had is the WC R of 16 v Argentina. but good players have had those 1 or 2 standout performances before.

:lol:

I wasn't comparing Mbappe to those players. Also, you're conveniently forgetting him tearing City and Dortmund apart in 2017.

LMTR14

South Korean fans to sue organisers after Ronaldo no-show

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/worl...nisers-after-ronaldo-no-show/ar-AAF4LmF?pfr=1 :lol:

and from another news site (translated):

The lawyers' complaint from the South Korean town of Suwon is directed against the organizer The Fasta. "We currently have 2,500 interested parties, and by Wednesday we expect a total of 2,700 plaintiffs who want to get the money back for their tickets," said a lawyer in the firm. She expects the lawsuit to be filed near the end of next week.

According to a report by the Korean television broadcaster SBS, Juventus has made a commitment that Ronaldo will play at least 45 minutes in the friendly and hold a fan meeting. Both agreements were not respected. In addition, the arrival of the Italian team from China was delayed, which led to a delay of the kick by one hour.

"He does not want to"

The Fasta boss Robin Chang burst into tears in the SBS interview, confirming that the contract foresaw that Ronaldo play for 45 minutes. "I was so frustrated," Chang said. When she complained to Juventus Vice-President Pavel Nedved, he replied, "I also wish Ronaldo would play, but he does not want to. I'm sorry, I can not do anything. "

In the sold-out game, the 63,000 spectators in Seoul had paid up to 300 euros for their tickets. When it became apparent that South Korea's hugely popular Ronaldo would not be coming in, the disappointed fans showed their displeasure by singing "Lionel Messi" chanting in the stadium.

Last edited:

Andrew M

On the contrary, his audience might have risen after the transfer to Real. Doesn't make him more watchable than the others mentioned.

That's not what you said. You said since leaving Utd he has not provided entertainment for the casual masses which is untrue. Anyway, football is about competition, it's not a circus.

If anyone is still undecided where Cr7 and Messi are in their GOAT lists then I'm afraid that they will forever be undecided. We have been watchong these 2 beasts at the top for the last 10 years. We have seen all we need to see. Even a World Cup win for either doesn't make either a better player per se. For me, Ronny is 15th and Leo 1st and that's the end of it.

I'm not undecided. I place both in the top 10 and regard your opinion(s) as landfill fodder.

Home of Barca Fans