Copa semis: Villarreal-Barca 1-3 (2-6 agg.)

Darko

Let us not indulge in this gloryhunting trophy talk.
I hope we don't follow Barca to celebrate trophies.

You always need luck (sometines more, sometimes less) to win knock-out competitions and La Liga looks harder than last year and way harder than last time we won it.

As long as Barca puts up a fight in all competitions and plays this attractive football, I'll be content.
One step at a time..

This x12454231
I just want to enjoy Barca games and have that "I can't wait for the next game" feeling, not like the previous two season.

serghei

We should win the Copa and try at all costs to win the title in Primera. CL is a bonus. La Liga is what counts the most.

Bucky

Penya Member
A CdR title is definitely possible and so is the league title although I still regard RM as favorites.

You usually need luck to win the CL and regardless of our amazing form for the past 1 month or so I don't consider our team to be superior to that of RM and Bayern München over two legs. Assuming that both those two teams will have relatively healthy squads to their disposition.

Chelsea would give us significant trouble as usual too.

It's better not to expect too much so early in the season. You are bound to get disappointed this way.

For all you know City might kick us out of the CL (not unlikely) and RM might get their shit together and win the league. It only takes 1-2 bad results and a defeat in the El Clásico game at the Camp Nou.

Let's take it one step at a time. I agree that the current situation is looking promising and that's very encouraging but all that talk about the treble (not only on this forum but in the media lately) is damaging.

Spot on. The CdR is ours to lose.

The league is heating up and I'm bouncing when we throw games away we should be winning or need to win. When Alba scored that OG in the game against Real Sociedad I couldn't believe the chances we didn't put away and tbh did we really look like scoring?

We're a point behind and honestly, hoping RM slip up is in truth quite irritating and that we don't. Yeah that's football and Barça need to capitalise and punish them when they do. Unfortunately when they were without Ronaldo they picked up wins. Hilarious that when he came back against Atleti they got battered 4-0, made my weekend alone XD

Completely agree with CL needing luck. RM have a wealth of talent annoyingly and seem to shine in the CL. Bayern are obviously dangerous. With Citeh though, hmmm... I don't want to jinx us by saying yeah we'll walk all over them, heck they have something to prove with their recent "history" of poor form in the CL especially with their "squad". They'll be looking for revenge and they could step up. However if they try to out muscle Barça like last year at the Etihad they'll give away fk's and even penalties that could sting them. No doubt they won't have the possession, will park up and look to counter. In the BPL they have run into some dire form and slipping up in the title race but again, they may bounce back at the wrong time for us.

Indeed, let's not get ahead of ourselves. We still have problems whilst things are looking good right now. I'm not confident in the midfield, RB is looking weak and Alves is on a rollercoaster so far and Suarez is finding his feet.

Behrox

Vice President of FC Barcelona
We all know Suarez is gonna miss 2 sitters easily, while Messi will go for a walk in the park and Neymar will continue to trip on his own feet

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
I guess Rafinha-Iniesta duo is back tonight.
I'd like to see Pedro start too. While Neymar's been good, he needs to stop trying to be too cute.

dakt

Not still trying to jinx him are we. :suarez:

I have to...in a season I went from being indifferent about him, to loving him. :)
No really, I love seeing fire and thirst on the pitch and in that segment, he's our best player.

Now, couple of hours to go...Brcaaa, Barcaa, Baaaaaaarca!
:barca scarf::barca scarf::barca scarf:

dakt

I'd like to see Pedro start too. While Neymar's been good, he needs to stop trying to be too cute.

:lol: it's funny because it's true, but since there are many Neyfans around here I'll be quite.

serghei

What? Neymar will score at least once tonight. ;) Pedro can play against Levante. So should Bartra, Rafinha, Montoya (has to).

Home of Barca Fans