CL | Round of 16 - 1st Leg: PSG - FC Barcelona 4-0

God Serena

And the Gomes obsession continues...

On current form they are the same, but with rakitic you know what he can de at his best and the way he plays with the others and complements them.

Though you don't know what homes can do in a big game until he plays in one. This is the lowest pressure big game to play him in.

Maybe he should try to do well in low pressure games first.

Hamzah

High Definition Member
That wasn't meant to be a dig at rakitic, I was trying to say that we know how well he can do and we should play him in this game. Then I said the argument for Gomes.

Altomonte

Did rakitic show this season that he is far better then gomes? I thimk not, so i dont find reason to be upset by that decision

Rakitic has definitely shown that he is stronger defensively. Gomes has shown offensive qualities (although missing numerous chances to score) but has been overrun several times by weaker opposition than PSG. The prudent choice is Rakitic (and Rakitic DOES score goals).

F

FlaFCB

C4pgWYJWQAAVhdc.jpg:large

Look who's there :D

vlad

we will see, if he flops massive this match or doesnt show nothing, i will never defend him again :)

BarçaBarça

Maybe he wants to sub Iniesta mid-2nd half (out of necessity not will) and thinks Rakitic can make more an impact from the bench than Gomes, who needs to play to get in the game.
I don't know, I would also like Rakitic better, but let's see how the game unfolds..

ATLBarcaFan

I think Gomes has shown signs of improvement the last few matches, I would much rather see Raki in that role, much better cover and link up play with Messi in my opinion.

Home of Barca Fans