CL Quarter Finals: Roma - Barca (4-4 agg.)

CatalinR10

Yes. Sometimes I wonder how the hell in my age and with all of my problems (family, business, health etc.) I allow myself to be so fucking upset about football.

Same here....

Reminiscing about the good old pep days when whenever I was depressed or felt really down , i got a little better knowing that in the weekend I'll get to watch Barca play , and they did ...pretty amazing.

KingLeo10

abandoning dembele who played a crucial role v chelsea and a decent role v juventus in 3-0 wins was the undoing. if this was the plan valverde had, better now than a historic drubbing from real madrid.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Same here....

Reminiscing about the good old pep days when whenever I was depressed or felt really down , i got a little better knowing that in the weekend I'll get to watch Barca play , and they did ...pretty amazing.

At least now if you're sad and unable to sleep, you can look forward to watching Barca play in the weekend so you can fall asleep.

0PfMfYb.gif

behindbrowneyes

I just woke up and still can't believe we messed this up.

Same. Yesterday, I accepted the knockout because Roma was the better side. Today, after sleeping not well, I can't believe that they messed this up. Everyone was pretty sure Barça is through. Looks like the team thought this too.

Must've been the 3rd consecutive time Barça got knocked out in the quarter-finals, right? Unacceptable with the money the club invests in the team.

BarçaBarça

First time to watch Barca I see? Yes, this is what usually happens. Our team is extremely mentally weak to the point that they throw away the league after getting knocked out of the champions. They are bunch of unprofessional inexperienced ungrateful selfish money sniffers

No, I've been with Barca through many disappointments, I just thought that our bottom-level was higher than this (it is our first loss in CL this season and we have the lowest conceded goals in CL) - therefore I was quite surprised.

It's worse than I though... Valverde actually made it sound like Roma was unbeatable today, and it was nothing else we could do.

This is what bothers me most. I guess you can't have everything - and part of his calmness made us focus and claim the league even when everything was stormy, but amidst the biggest embarrassment in years we need stronger words than what he said!

FinBarcelonafan

Yes. Sometimes I wonder how the hell in my age and with all of my problems (family, business, health etc.) I allow myself to be so fucking upset about football.

Haha. Same problems. I have to take a break from football after this. Went mental watching this game and performance like thay will upset me for days.. Too much into this team, mentally and time wise.

JamDav1982

The best Barca looked this season was probably when EV had Raki, Busi and Iniesta in a with Paulinho sort of free role in AM to press and get up in and around Messi and Suarez.

Not that is was Paulinho who made the difference but he gave that pressing and a link between the mid and front two against the better sides if Barca sat deeper.

Width more from full backs and Barca just looked more cohesive.

Barca got better against Chelsea when Paulinho came on and did that as well.

That is about only time Barca keeping Messi and Suarez up the park has not looked disjointed.

JohnS

Look at the rest of the forum . Quotes like we should just piss them off and sign this player.or just go and sign him or him . Like you have some divine right. What happened to your academy which is supposed to produce great players? Pains me to say it but you seem to be morphing into Real Madrid

BarçaBarça

We need to have players with stronger mentality than this. We need someone as a sub or better as part of the spine, who can inject some winning-mentality when it is needed. The most infuriating as a fan is to see your team not give a damn, and that was surely what it looked like. 6-1 up the ass, when you concede 3 in the quarters to years in a row with no in-game-reaction whatsoever!

We have joked about firstly Verratti and then Dybala for being too weak and letting the pressure get to them. Now our own captain who might be playing his last CL ever can’t even motivate his team. And our coach is completely clueless with the slightest bit of opposition, where did that come from? We have been behind/on the losing end dozens of times this season, and then Valverde has decided the game by tweaking the team through substitutions, but now he just let it be and run out from a cliff – baffling tbh!

Raki13

There was no chance we were ever winning this this year. Messi has saved Valverde all year by constantly winning games single handedly. It can't happen every game as last night showed. This manager is up there with the most clueless i have ever seen and should be sacked immediately. Also there are around 8-9 players in that squad who should never be anywhere near the club and some of them have cost vast sums of money . A clear out and a strong manager is needed for next season.

Espacio

Velverde is really idiot
why did we buy Dembele? also 100m€
think that you will buy a player to pay 100m but you will not let him play... enteresting

first match is 4-1 and you can play contratack but Dembele is not on the field

we haven't beaten till yestarday night but yestarday night we haven't only beeaten we lost the CL

if Messi was not at the team we can not be first 5 in La Liga
velverde is not a good manager

but we should make radical changes for next season

LMessi85

We need to have players with stronger mentality than this. We need someone as a sub or better as part of the spine, who can inject some winning-mentality when it is needed. The most infuriating as a fan is to see your team not give a damn, and that was surely what it looked like. 6-1 up the ass, when you concede 3 in the quarters to years in a row with no in-game-reaction whatsoever!

Unfortunately Puyol and/or Xavi aren't here anymore :(

Flavius

Time to learn from the mistake.

We had mistakes also against Juve last season. We had mistakes 2 times against Atletico in last seasons...

When should they learn from these mistakes? I think the problem is not learning from mistakes. The problem of this team is attitude, motivation and lacking quality in some departments.

Yesterday was everything exposed because Messi was also invisible. I lost the count how many times he bailed us this season. But for me this is a humiliation as big as the one vs Bayern in 2013. We basically scored 2 goals out of 8 in this tie.

Shocking display, just can.t believe how they played.

Home of Barca Fans