CL Quarter Finals: Roma - Barca (4-4 agg.)

hellsangel1

It was astonishing that a club of Barca’s stature only had one recognizable central or attacking midfielder in Andres Gomes on the bench. The recruitment in that area in recent seasons has been horrendous.

Last edited:

Ken_rosseneri

on the day that we needed attacking option even after the 2nd goal, this SON OF A GUN decided to not bring in Dembele...or even paulinho for rakitic.. bitch...

Valverde I hope you Go to hell and stay there.. piece of shit..
i don't know how you're still here at this point... fucking bastard..

Nothing in this world would change my mind about him.. a coward for life...
incompetent manager.. riding on luck for soo long.. playing like shit and managing wins.. this hurts really really bad.. as far as i'm concerned this is the worst loss i've experienced as a barca fan.. we were up 4-1... 4-1... like are you seriously kidding me? really? he has to go.. he has to go..
go back to his family and think about his life..
This loss is definitely on him.. also waiting till late to make changes..God i hate him...

I hope Iniesta leaves at the end of the season..it's time to move on.. this 4-4-2 bullshit...

Devils

Barcelona are a disgrace regardless of what happened with the other ties today.

Didn't give a fuck about watching them.

jairzinho

Zidane realizes Allegri is about to checkmate him and makes 2 changes at halftime.

What the fuck did Valverde do yesterday ?

What was his response ?

Hektor

Zidane realizes Allegri is about to checkmate him and makes 2 changes at halftime.

What the fuck did Valverde do yesterday ?

What was his response ?

I agree. He should have replaced Semedo with Dembele at the start of the second half. This is how I saw the game.

Roma was all forward trying to score at least three goals and not allow a single goal against them. They counted with the help and aid of a complicitous referee. For heavens sake, they had both central defenders in our goal area. When Barça got the ball back and started a counter atatack, they brought down, by any means possible, our players. The Roma players did not try to play the ball, they just fouled the Barça players, most of the time. In other words, they played the player and not the ball. This is the definition for a yellow card. They only received two yellow cards same as us. He did sanctions the fouls which worked in Roma's advantage. By stopping the play, it gave time for Roma to reorganize their defense.

What was most sinister is that Suarez a Messi were yellow carded. The first one for arguing and the latter by a non-existent foul. The Roma players were arguing constantly and non of them were yellow carded because of it. This referee was getting ready to red card Suarez, Messi, or both. They realized this and were forced to lower their playing intensity.

That was the situation we were facing. Valverde should have replaced Semedo with Dembélé at the start of the second half, for two reasons. Semedo could not defend against anyone. He is too small and thin for the much bigger and taller Roma players. And second, by having such fast player with excellent dribbling ability on the right flank, it would have forced Roma not to play so much forward or they would have been victims of a fulminating counter attack and game over. I spent all second half screaming at Valverde. I just could not believe it. That is why I consider him the architect of our defeat.

Do not get me wrong. I really like Valverde and I consider him to be a great coach. However, he screwed up royally in this game.

Hektor

Last edited:

jairzinho

Zidanes changes did next to fuck all.

At best he was slightly less worse than Valverde.

Understood.

Impact of the changes aside, he recognized that Real were set on being run over and adjusted accordingly.

It's the least you expect the coach to do.

i_bleed_blaugrana

From Valverde to Iniesta, the inability of our team to make any sort of adjustment or reaction to what was going on on the pitch last night is what I am still so upset about. Even after the first goal, Real immediately started playing better. Granted, Juve were the better team still, but they at least responded and showed fight and spirit. Even after the 2nd goal, we continued to sleepwalk on the pitch. No passion, no commitment, no urgency.

What is really confusing to me is that we showed all season in La Liga the ability to react to adversity and do what it takes to get back into a game. The game against Real Sociedad was a great example of just that sort of fighting spirit. It was baffling to see none of that yesterday in what was the biggest match of our season. Such an embarrassing send-off for Iniesta.

FCBfan22

From Valverde to Iniesta, the inability of our team to make any sort of adjustment or reaction to what was going on on the pitch last night is what I am still so upset about. Even after the first goal, Real immediately started playing better. Granted, Juve were the better team still, but they at least responded and showed fight and spirit. Even after the 2nd goal, we continued to sleepwalk on the pitch. No passion, no commitment, no urgency.

What is really confusing to me is that we showed all season in La Liga the ability to react to adversity and do what it takes to get back into a game. The game against Real Sociedad was a great example of just that sort of fighting spirit. It was baffling to see none of that yesterday in what was the biggest match of our season. Such an embarrassing send-off for Iniesta.

Betis and Sociedad were perfect examples of fighting spirit.

Sevilla was luck.

Home of Barca Fans