CL Quarter Finals: Roma - Barca (4-4 agg.)

FCBfan22

And of course the only player that gives a statement is MATS, the only one who did something.

[tw]984069972094803968[/tw]
[tw]984070089862537216[/tw]

JamDav1982

Yeah but what happens when those defending players get the ball? They will give it to the likes of Modric or Isco who will ghost past a few players and create a counter attack or make passes through the lines that split the oppositions team open or Kroos will make pinpoint long range passes that will cause chaos to the oppositions defensive line.

What do we do? Rakitic get's the ball and makes a back pass to the CB or FBs and invites more pressure and forces risky plays that give away the ball and cause calamity in our half.

Kroos and Modric also have players like Ronaldo bursting into space and more options.

Barca have two forwards wanting ball to feet then little else.

Stoichkov1

Yeah but what happens when those defending players get the ball? They will give it to the likes of Modric or Isco who will ghost past a few players and create a counter attack or make passes through the lines that split the oppositions team open or Kroos will make pinpoint long range passes that will cause chaos to the oppositions defensive line.

What do we do? Rakitic get's the ball and makes a back pass to the CB or FBs and invites more pressure and forces risky plays that give away the ball and cause calamity in our half.

That's because our midfield has been finished for 2 years and it's clear as day they suffer if the opponents press them. In the first half against Real, second half against Atletico and now against Roma we couldn't hold the ball and we played long balls all the time.

Our score in the last 3 years in UCL away matches is 1 goal scored and 13 conceded.

Like another poster mentioned, the old guard has failed us in the CL time and time again. Prior to this most recent humiliation I thought we could win with the core currently assembled, but as of now I don't think the current group has the right attitude, hunger or fitness levels needed to conquer Europe again.

Our best bet to win another CL in the Messi era is to strip this team to it's bare bones, get rid of the stale, aging, entitled, arrogant has beens and inject some hunger, drive and speed into the team.

Trash that definitely needs to go:
-Suarez
-Alba
-Iniesta (finished, nothing to do with his personality, pure class in that regard)
-Rakitic
-Pique
-The pure scrubs (Gomes, Vidal, Paulinho etc.)

Players that should definitely stay:
-Messi
-Busquets
-Coutinho
-Dembele
-Semedo
-Ter Stegen
-Umtiti (if he screws his head back on)

Indifferent:
-Verm
-Roberto
-Mina
-Cillissen (too good to rot on the bench)

Players that we should bring in:
-Griezmann (pretty much done)
-Arthur (done deal)
-Marcos Alonso
-De Ligt

Something like this wouldn't be too bad:
Stegen

Semedo-Ligt-Umtiti-Alonso

Arthur-Busquets-Coutinho

Griezmann-Messi-Dembele

Whatever happens this current group needs to be largely purged. Too many pompous weasels.

The reason wasnt the lack of quality. Its Motivation!! Nobody had motivation to play yesterday. They started to try when the match was already loss....

Stoichkov1

Like another poster mentioned, the old guard has failed us in the CL time and time again. Prior to this most recent humiliation I thought we could win with the core currently assembled, but as of now I don't think the current group has the right attitude, hunger or fitness levels needed to conquer Europe again.

Our best bet to win another CL in the Messi era is to strip this team to it's bare bones, get rid of the stale, aging, entitled, arrogant has beens and inject some hunger, drive and speed into the team.

-Suarez
-Alba
-Iniesta (finished, nothing to do with his personality, pure class in that regard)
-Rakitic
-Pique

-Messi
-Busquets
-Coutinho
-Dembele
-Semedo
-Ter Stegen

Indifferent:
-Verm
-Roberto
-Mina

-Arthur (done deal)
-Marcos Alonso
-De Ligt

Stegen

Arthur-Busquets-Coutinho

Griezmann-Messi-Dembele

Whatever happens this current group needs to be largely purged. Too many pompous weasels.

Alba, Rakitic and Piqué shouldn't leave at all.

KingLeo10

-Suarez
-Alba
-Rakitic
-Pique

-Messi
-Busquets
-Coutinho
-Dembele
-Semedo
-Ter Stegen

Indifferent:
-Verm
-Roberto
-Mina

-Arthur (done deal)
-Marcos Alonso
-De Ligt

Stegen

Arthur-Busquets-Coutinho

Griezmann-Messi-Dembele

alba/alonso is a 50/50 for me but other than that, agree whole heartedly. the failure to integrate dembele and semedo meant we essentially played 16/17 ball but without the threat of neymar lmao. good enough to scrape by in liga but won't do shit in CL.

Alba, Rakitic and Piqué shouldn't leave at all.

They aren't bad players per se (Alba is a real cunt though), but they need to be moved on for the sake of injecting new blood into this slow, unmotivated team. Addition by subtraction, but we have to make sure to get good replacements that suit our style.

serghei

I am not that mad. We played shit football a lot of times this season but managed to scrape through games. But the team wasn't playing that well. We need to get rid of this manager. This is a very good season all things considered.

KingLeo10

I am not that mad. We played shit football a lot of times this season but managed to scrape through games. But the team wasn't playing that well. We need to get rid of this manager. This is a very good season all things considered.

I think winning the league had a lot to do with Real's disinterest in the competition in the first half of the season. Then again, we've been disinterested in CL which they are going to win yet again. So, I suppose a win is a win.

serghei

I think winning the league had a lot to do with Real's disinterest in the competition in the first half of the season. Then again, we've been disinterested in CL which they are going to win yet again. So, I suppose a win is a win.

We're not disinterested in CL, and they're not disinterested in La Liga. It's something else. We are consistent in the sense that we almost always produce enough football to win many games and end up first in a points competition like the league, where every game is as important as the next one. Madrid, on the other hand, are not as consistent, they go from hot to cold in a matter of months, but they just recover in time and reach CL quarters in top form. Happened in every season except under Ancelotti in 2014-15 when they reached the CL later stages in a Barca-like bad form. Looking uninspired and tired in that semifinal after also being ridiculous vs Schalke at home (that tie was almost the same as Roma - Barca, except Madrid managed to save it in the end - I remember Schalke being incredibly close to score for 5-3 on Bernabeu and knock out Madrid).

Devils

We've not wont anything yet though.

Whatever we win will be overshadowed and tainted by this loss. Yesterday was historic, winning a La Liga or CDR wont cover that.

Home of Barca Fans