CL | 1/8 Finals: FC Barcelona - Lyon 5-1 agg.

Leo_Messi

That right there is a big problem with Valverde, if we're worried about a home game vs fecking Lyon.

Yes but it is not only about Valverde or Lyon. The stats are also against us if I am not wrong. Truth be told a 0-0 result away from home is a bad result. Which makes it even more frustrating for the team not to have scored at last 1 freaking goal when having had 20-25 shots on goal in that Lyon game. On the other hand you watched RM "cruise" (not the right word here but never mind) to a 1-2 away win after being outplayed for large stretches of the match and Ajax having had the bigger opportunities.

I just have a bad feeling even more so after that successful 4 away games in a row run that we just had. I was more positive before those results as we are bound to have a bad game/1-2 bad games in a row at some point in the season. Just hope that I won't happen against Lyon at home. By far the most important game until April. Rest all first team players in that worthless game tomorrow in Sabadell and rotate against Rayo at home. We need all the seniors to be rested and with their batteries being full. Motivation should not be a problem nor can we claim that a 11 day break would do them much harm.

Last edited:

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
We just cannot lose to Lyon at home. If we do then I don't want to see Valverde's face next season. Heck he should wear a paperbag over his face for the rest of the season.

Leo_Messi

We just cannot lose to Lyon at home. If we do then I don't want to see Valverde's face next season. Heck he should wear a paperbag over his face for the rest of the season.

If we go out against Lyon there should be no "Valverde face" next season. He should be fired. On the spot. Before he leaves the Camp Nou. No excuses and no room for accepting mediocrity. Going out 3 times in a row (just after winning a treble) in the quarterfinals and topping that off in the fourth season with the first exit in the round of 16 since that horrible defeat against Liverpool back in 2006-07, would be totally unacceptable. Against a Lyon team of all teams too that we completely dominated during a time period where our form was dipping and coming off a horrible performance at home against Rayo in the league.

Might not be as dissapoting as the Roma fiasco (only because of the fashion that it happened in and because very few expect it although I had fears of that after that horrible 4-1 victory at home against the same Roma) but it will be pretty damn close.

Vilarrubi

"On paper" we've hit form at the right time, plenty of rest this week and hopefully rotations against Rayo at the weekend. (Hoping Valverde isn't stupid enough to risk any first team players tomorrow against Girona) I expect a win by at least 2/3 goals against Lyon.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
After this Real fiasco there is no way Barça can afford to discredit itself like that. Lyon must fall.

Ajax's result will surely motivate Lyon. Barca fortunately have a week to prepare for this. There's literally no excuses now.

serghei

Relax. Us on Camp Nou are much more dominant than Madrid on Bernabeu. Just remember we didn't lost since 2013. Last loss was 6 years ago.

Our problems in CL have been almost exclusively away form home. We usually fuck up away, and turn it around or not at home.

Home of Barca Fans