CL | 1/8 Finals: FC Barcelona - Lyon 5-1 agg.

FinBarcelonafan

Relax. Us on Camp Nou are much more dominant than Madrid on Bernabeu. Just remember we didn't lost since 2013. Last loss was 6 years ago.

Our problems in CL have been almost exclusively away form home. We usually fuck up away, and turn it around or not at home.

They only need a draw with goals. How often that happens? We are at max. 75-80% favorite to go through.

kollegah

Please stop hyping up Lyon in here, thats like a small man mentality.
Weird things have to happen that we slip out against a 2nd tier farmer team at camp nou.
Yes if we had played 0-0 at home, i would be worried because we play like retards away from home, but in the holy camp nou there is absolutely no way Lyon can crash us out.

Imagine Lyon pants getting wet if we score in the first 15 minutes, imagine the spaces which will occur for messi, dembele and alba.

malvolio

i see a 3-0 or 4-0, at least. don't know what's with all the cry babies in here. just because those madridistas shit their pants yesterday it doesn't mean we are suddenly trembling over a match against lyon, at the camp nou.

wake the fuck up people!

Leo_Messi

Please stop hyping up Lyon in here, thats like a small man mentality.
Weird things have to happen that we slip out against a 2nd tier farmer team at camp nou.
Yes if we had played 0-0 at home, i would be worried because we play like retards away from home, but in the holy camp nou there is absolutely no way Lyon can crash us out.

Imagine Lyon pants getting wet if we score in the first 15 minutes, imagine the spaces which will occur for messi, dembele and alba.

Nobody is hyping them here, certainly not me. See the previous page of this very thread.

The thing that I am worrying about is the statistics and history. Teams that have drawn 0-0 away from home rarely progress if I am not wrong. We just had (result wise) a brilliant period during those 4 very difficult away games in a row where all 3 trophies were on line. We are thus bound to have a bad result or period soon. Or some bad luck like in the first leg against Lyon where we should have won clearly based on chances created.

It only takes a first goal from Lyon (random or some individual brilliance, they have plenty of great players individually), a penalty or red card for us to be in big trouble.

Obviously I expect us to win. Relatively clearly at that too. However I just had a somewhat strange/bad intuition about this game recently. That is all. Seems that others had somewhat similar feelings.

i see a 3-0 or 4-0, at least. don't know what's with all the cry babies in here. just because those madridistas shit their pants yesterday it doesn't mean we are suddenly trembling over a match against lyon, at the camp nou.

wake the fuck up people!

Well, let us hope that this post will age gracefully, mate.

Last edited:

Vilarrubi

Nobody is hyping them here, certainly not me. See the previous page of this very thread.

The thing that I am worrying about is the statistics and history. Teams that have drawn 0-0 away from home rarely progress if I am not wrong. We just had (result wise) a brilliant period during those 4 very difficult away games in a row where all 3 trophies were on line. We are thus bound to have a bad result or period soon. Or some bad luck like in the first leg against Lyon where we should have won clearly based on chances created.

It only takes a first goal from Lyon (random or some individual brilliance, they have plenty of great players individually), a penalty or red card for us to be in big trouble.

Obviously I expect us to win. Relatively clearly at that too. However I just had a somewhat strange/bad intuition about this game recently. That is all. Seems that others had somewhat similar feelings.

If we go into the 70th minute with only a one goal lead (1-0 or 2-1 etc) then it gets scary. I think attack is our best form of defence a lot of the time anyway so I hope to see us go all out from the start like the 6-1 vs PSG or the 6-1 against Sevilla in the Copa.

We should treat the game as if we're losing from the first leg.

Leo_Messi

If we go into the 70th minute with only a one goal lead (1-0 or 2-1 etc) then it gets scary. I think attack is our best form of defence a lot of the time anyway so I hope to see us go all out from the start like the 6-1 vs PSG or the 6-1 against Sevilla in the Copa.

We should treat the game as if we're losing from the first leg.

Yes. I would not be able to tolerate Valverde asking the team to sit back with only a 1 goal lead at the end of the game. Bound to go wrong like against Roma where the approach was insane but the players obviously did not do Valverde any favors.

We need to play like the elite team that we are. In particular at the Camp Nou. Try to dominate from the very beginning until the end. We fans should not even be able to question the attitude of the team after the game or that player x or y did not run enough or did not give enough of himself. I don't want to see a lethargic version of this team. The RM exit should give the team added motivation and they should learn from what can happen if your attitude, body language and form is not adequate.

Lyon is IMO stronger than Ajax. If we play as bad as RM we will go out as well.

Want to see our best player (by some distance), Messi, be active and make himself available by actually running and moving adequately on the pitch. No more walking or not defending. Same with Suárez. They can do that in the league games. Not in the knockout stages of the CL. Even less so given our appalling performances in this stage of the CL in the past 3 seasons. That should not bee too much to ask for.

Put it shortly, I won't tolerate the team, in particular the seniors, not giving it all or Valverde using a cowardly approach.

Last edited:

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
More evidence we shouldn't take this game lightly. Lyon are a good opponent and will have Fekir back.

soul24rage

Man Utd, Porto, Spurs, & Ajax (possibly ATM too) in the QF.

We're not going to have a better chance of winning this thing. We have to win vs Lyon.

Home of Barca Fans