Christian Eriksen

gregorrin10

Real might be getting Pochettino. Get this guy now, before it's too late.

Also a report just came in that Real are looking towards Eriksen as a possible successor to Modrić, just hours after ZZ resigned. I really hope Pochettino stays with Tottenham, he just signed a new 5-year deal with Spurs a few days ago, so don't think he should be in the running. Cause not only is he a great manager and would be a huge upgrade over Zidane for them, but if he does go to Madrid, you can bet your ass he's gonna take Eriksen (and maybe even Kane) with him. But like i said, he seems to be loyal to Tottenham, he's build a great team, which has a great future ahead of them, so hopefully he sticks with them. While he can spare Eriksen nonetheless, we can easily send Gomes the other way and they're gonna be better for it. ;)

I am seriously gonna freak if this guy ends up at Madrid, while we buy 'another Paulinho or Gomes'. Eriksen is the perfect player, world class and a team player on the pitch, but humble and raised in the Ajax's academy, his play style definitely shows it. He is the best possible successor to Iniesta actually, at least for me. While Coutinho might turn out to be a great fit after a few years playing in Iniesta's position, Eriksen brings that quality into the position now. Plus, i feel that Coutinho is more suited for the LW role, especially right now and for the next 2-3 years, while we don't have an idea on who to play there. Suarez can't do it anymore, Griezmann is a lefty, Dembele is probably better playing on the other side, considering wingers in Barca cut in and shoot more often than not. And here's where Coutinho is even more perfect than Neymar for LW...with his killer distance shooting he is a threat the moment he runs into the opposition's third of the pitch.

Raki/Arthur/Thiago-Busquets-Eriksen (i know Thiago is a long shot, but if we could get him at a cut price like 40-50M, we could maybe afford both him and Eriksen, if Griezmann decides to stay at Atletico)
Dembele-Messi-Coutinho

What a front six that would be! Delicious! I am drooling just thinking about it. :wub:

Last edited:

FinBarcelonafan

Man I would hate to see Eriksen with Real. He is so likable player and I think he would be their next great midfielder. It would be shame to lose him to Madrid.

El Barcelona

Pochettino signed new contract with real Madrid clausule so that he can leave for certain amount of money.. So everything is possible.

JamDav1982

Fucking hell Eriksen is a good player but getting more and more over rated on here every day.

Him going to Madrid is no kind of disaster and he is no Modric type replacement.

ASordidGod

Fucking hell Eriksen is a good player but getting more and more over rated on here every day.

Him going to Madrid is no kind of disaster and he is no Modric type replacement.

Gotta say, I agree. This pedestalisation of Eriksen is excessive to say the least. He's a different kind of mid to Modric true, but even so a big downgrade on his prime. He'll do well, Eriksen, probably, if he goes (i'm dubious), but he's no reason to panic.

FinBarcelonafan

Who is better midfielder in LaLiga than Eriksen? Modric and Kroos? That's it. Kroos is debatable anyway. Modric is better for sure. Coutinho is semi midfielder.

Eriksen is quality.

JamDav1982

Who is better midfielder in LaLiga than Eriksen? Modric and Kroos? That's it. Kroos is debatable anyway. Modric is better for sure. Coutinho is semi midfielder.

Eriksen is quality.

Eriksen is an attacking midfielder that gets balls in box and forward early and who shoots everywhere.

Kroos is not debatable. He is a far better CM than Eriksen.

fergus90

We need a centre mid, not another attacking mid. Eriksen is class but not the midfielder we need. The only way I see it happening is if Griezmann doesn’t happen and Coutinho gets moved LW permanently.

Saladin

Griezmann, Lenglet, Thiago, Arthur (bring in the summer) = 220 mil euros, go go go!

Sell Rafinha, Paco, Gomes, Marlon, Munir, Digne, Cillesen, Mina/Vermaelen, (D. Suarez) for around 100 mil euros (at least)!

Promote: Alena, Cucurella, Ortola, Busquets, Ruiz/Arnaiz.

JamDav1982

Griezmann, Lenglet, Thiago = 200 mil euros, go go go!

Sell Rafinha, Paco, Gomes, Marlon, Munir, Digne, Cillesen, Mina/Vermaelen, (D. Suarez)

Alena is only one of those getting promoted. Maybe likes of Ortola as third keeper but not the others.

Likes of Ruiz was not even B team level ready last season. Need to be given time to develop a good bit yet.

God Serena

Griezmann, Lenglet, Thiago, Arthur (bring in the summer) = 220 mil euros, go go go!

Sell Rafinha, Paco, Gomes, Marlon, Munir, Digne, Cillesen, Mina/Vermaelen, (D. Suarez) for around 100 mil euros (at least)!

Ah, yes. Make all the signings. Sell all the trash. Promote all the B team.

Perfect summer.

FCBfan22

Eriksen would bring so much flexibility to our squad. Coutinho already does, but with a player like Eriksen, we would have even more of that.

I think he could be easily converted into RCM at Barca. Seeing his performances this year, his workrate etc... I know, it will be hard to replace Iniesta's defensive contributions, but I really think that we can do that if we play a 4-3-3 / 4-5-1 hybrid, with Messi and two wingers that are willing to defend.

Attack:

--------------Ter Stegen------------
Bob/Sem---Pique----Umtiti---Alba
---------------Busquets-------------
------Eriksen----------Rakitić-------
----------------Messi----------------
Dembele-------------------Coutinho

Defending:

--------------Ter Stegen------------
Bob/Sem---Pique----Umtiti---Alba
---------------Busquets-------------
Dembele-Eriksen-Rakitić-Coutinho
----------------Messi----------------

Arthur being a sub for Rakitić when out of form. Alena being a sub for Eriksen. Denis for Cou. Oriol for Sergio.

With a tall striker (ala Manđukić as a plan B), this team would be sexy.

Home of Barca Fans