Christian Eriksen

Joan

At least not next season. Or maybe not all of them, for sure. But I think he will see enough benchtime next season already, so he is forced to accept his degregation in 2019 and be a benchplayer, or get sold.

I would love Eriksen and Thiago here instead of Griezmann, but that is mission impossible, so Griezmann and one extra midfielder would be quite a lot better than our current squad.
Suarez needs to be faced out sooner rather than later.

He'll see a lot of time on the bench. But he won't lose his spot in the team, rest should help him.

I'm sure he'll remain a starter next season at least. And don't think that's bad since we don't know how Messi-Griezmann dou will work out for us.

In summer 2019 I can see him leaving.

Look at which thread you are in :lol:
Thiago if possible would also be a dream signing - whoever possible of those two would be extraordinary.

Do you think Eriksen is a CM for us? True central midfielder?

Not sure he's what we need right now.

Vilarrubi

At least not next season. Or maybe not all of them, for sure. But I think he will see enough benchtime next season already, so he is forced to accept his degregation in 2019 and be a benchplayer, or get sold.

I would love Eriksen and Thiago here instead of Griezmann, but that is mission impossible, so Griezmann and one extra midfielder would be quite a lot better than our current squad.
Suarez needs to be faced out sooner rather than later.

Look at which thread you are in :lol:
Thiago if possible would also be a dream signing - whoever possible of those two would be extraordinary.

:lol: I wasn't actually taking notice. But Eriksen is a dream for me.. my favourite player in the PL.

BarçaBarça

Do you think Eriksen is a CM for us? True central midfielder?

Not sure he's what we need right now.

His defensive contribution is very much overlooked, imo. Surely he can play AM at a high level, but I think he can be a CM too, and that he has proved that.
He is willing to sacrifies himself - also creatively to contribute more in defence - and therefore he could ease into the team better than most.
I wouldn't worry much over the fit, much more about the price, and in the end it is going to be too high, tbh.

mia7007

We definitely don’t need Eriksen. Don’t mean he is not good enough for us, he is great but we don’t need more attacking players, we already have a lot
We need CB and defensive CM as a must first, then a backup LB it Digne will leave
So don’t pay 100m in attack again, better to pay them for midfield and defence, can get for example Lenglet and Pjanic with this 100m
We need one of the WC midfielders this season like Pjaic, Kante or Thiago
In defence Umtiti is already one of the top, I prefer to get De Light and if not get Lenglet who looks easier

Andrew M

We definitely don’t need Eriksen. Don’t mean he is not good enough for us, he is great but we don’t need more attacking players, we already have a lot
We need CB and defensive CM as a must first, then a backup LB it Digne will leave
So don’t pay 100m in attack again, better to pay them for midfield and defence, can get for example Lenglet and Pjanic with this 100m
We need one of the WC midfielders this season like Pjaic, Kante or Thiago
In defence Umtiti is already one of the top, I prefer to get De Light and if not get Lenglet who looks easier

Our attack does need bolstering imo. Scoring goals away from home in Champions League is our biggest issue

Saladin

The talk of bringing in either Eriksen or Thiago is increasing in strenght. I want to hear your thoughts on who to bring in, given their individual stats for the recent season (I also included Thiago's 16/17 season, to give a better perspective of his true qualities when not injured as was the case this season)

DEFENSIVE STATS - ERIKSEN

Eriksen Defensive.jpg

DEFENSIVE STATS - THIAGO

Thiago Defensive.jpg

DEFENSIVE STATS - THIAGO 16/17

Thiago Defensive History.jpg

PASSING STATS - ERIKSEN

Eriksen Passing.jpg

PASSING STATS - THIAGO

Thiago Passing.jpg

PASSING STATS - THIAGO 16/17

Thiago Passing History.jpg

Part I/II

Saladin

OFFENSIVE STATS - ERIKSEN

Eriksen Offensive.jpg

OFFENSIVE STATS - THIAGO

Thiago Offensive.jpg

OFFENSIVE STATS - THIAGO 16/17

Thiago Offensive History.jpg

Part II/II

All stats are from whoscored.com

I know statistics doesn't provide the full picture of a players contributions, but it is a good point of reference to their influence on key aspects of the game. I personally prefer Thiago, even though I would love Eriksen at Barcelona (I live in the same hometown as him in Denmark) due to a lot of reasons; Thiago would be the cheaper option (roughly half in transfer fee) he knows the club, most of the players, the language would not be a big barrier and his style of play suits us perfectly as he is a La Masia product. But the main reason is the chance of bringing in both Griezmann and Thiago (we are already closing in on Lenglet, which would be a decent option at CB)

Here's a video reeler to get a more visual comparison of the two players. Hope to hear your thoughts!

[youtube]8zrM78er7ao[/youtube]

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
The dream would be to have both if Coutinho is going to play at LW as Valverde has alluded to so many times.

Would make Barca so great. Sell whoever need to be sold. Denis, Gomes, everyone and do it. Rakitic(for one season or two) Arthur and Alena as the backups is not bad. If need be, you can play Coutinho as an AM too. Obviously also have Paulinho to get the donkey minutes.

If Griezmann is going to be a cunt and stay in the end that, I would definitely do it.

Last edited:

Messi983

Fixing the midfield is good but until we change our mentality in important CL games just bringing better players won't help us as much as people think/hope imo. It's popular to blame coaches and/or being tired for playing Copa in January but I think mentality was the main reason for us going out in 5 of the last 6 CL campaigns in quarter/semifinal without scoring a goal in away game. Maybe new signings (I'm counting Coutinho here as well) can improve that but until our current key players (including Messi who has gone missing in most of those games) who were here in most or all those seasons will show more in quarter/semifinal away games nothing will change even if we buy Griezmann, Eriksen and Thiago.

Also, can't help but imagine the shitstorm here if Madrid would really buy Eriksen and we would only bring Arthur and promote Alena while also keep Gomes. :lol:

George_Costanza

Fixing the midfield is good but until we change our mentality in important CL games just bringing better players won't help us as much as people think/hope imo. It's popular to blame coaches and/or being tired for playing Copa in January but I think mentality was the main reason for us going out in 5 of the last 6 CL campaigns in quarter/semifinal without scoring a goal in away game. Maybe new signings (I'm counting Coutinho here as well) can improve that but until our current key players (including Messi who has gone missing in most of those games) who were here in most or all those seasons will show more in quarter/semifinal away games nothing will change even if we buy Griezmann, Eriksen and Thiago.

Also, can't help but imagine the shitstorm here if Madrid would really buy Eriksen and we would only bring Arthur and promote Alena while also keep Gomes. :lol:

While mentality of the players is a bit of concern but we are exaggerating it here, after all those players won us the double. I think it's a combination of mentality and shit tactics by an incompetent manager. The players can win us matches in Liga especially when we have quality players like Messi, and the manager knows the teams we are playing very well. But against European teams, we need more than just rely on the quality of one player. Judging from post-match comments and what happened between the halves, it was obvious the players were lost on the pitch by the tactics implemented by the manager.

Seeing how Modric turn out for RM, I'd give 2 thumbs up for this. Eriksen usually performs and feel he'd build a good connection with Messi.

Home of Barca Fans