Chelsea

antonnn

Blue Blooded Aussie
It's 2011 all over again! If we keep going like this RDM will be shown the door and Guardiola may be our coach by the end of January. Can he make us a winning team? Not saying he WILL join us by then and that RDM won't be able to end the slide but, Roman wants Pep quite badly. I'd definitely accept him here, cause I really do want to see him succeed without the best team in the world.

Ursegor

World Champion
It's 2011 all over again! If we keep going like this RDM will be shown the door and Guardiola may be our coach by the end of January. Can he make us a winning team? Not saying he WILL join us by then and that RDM won't be able to end the slide but, Roman wants Pep quite badly. I'd definitely accept him here, cause I really do want to see him succeed without the best team in the world.

Brah, your main striker is Fernando Torres. Did you really believe you would put up a title fight in such circumstances? lol

United will walk the league so comfortably this season. It's not even funny.

antonnn

Blue Blooded Aussie
If we're in touching distance by the time we get Falcao, presuming we do, we could put up a fight. Doubt we'll be in touching distance though. I always expected this to be a transition season, I was expecting a title challenge at best, and probably no farther than the CL quarters. Well, maybe semi's.

Robbie

Chelsea's in transition this season. RDM needs time, and their new signings need time as well. It would be a shame if he was sacked.

antonnn

Blue Blooded Aussie
I agree, I reckon we should give him the season. Doubt he'd finish below last season's position. Didn't realise we were under strength this match due to, well having Torres, but mainly no Oscar or Mata, who were rested for Juventus midweek. Good idea but backfired. Sturridge should be given a chance as striker, Torres has had enough chances.

AnfieldEd

I am Leg End
Not from my sources dumbass but from what I read through various media outlets. Same with Suarez and Milan. I read a couple of articles online saying Milan were interested.

Sergio

Sergison
Not from my sources dumbass but from what I read through various media outlets. Same with Suarez and Milan. I read a couple of articles online saying Milan were interested.
Then you can post a link like everyone else (doubtless they don't exist anyway). And no, you said Milan had made an inquiry. A declarative statement from you, not some tit bit of tabloid speculation you glanced online. Though your row-back is welcome.

And you should have really learnt by now to try and back up your claims without insulting those who call you out on them with such names.

Robbie

but who'd pay that? it's too much based on current (last year or two) form

It's like the Kaka situation. Both have been completely destroyed by injuries, but command insane transfer fees based on the world class superstars they used to be. Torres was just far too reliant on pace, and when that went, so did his goals. He always had a heavy first touch, but could instantly make up for it with a burst of acceleration. Now he gets smothered and blocked off by defenders, and needs to drastically change his game to be effective.

Ode to Django

You're not even a real journalism
Kaka is still a very good player & certainly not finished, Mourinho just doesn't play him.

Torres was finished a long time ago, he just looks depressed.

Last edited:

Robbie

If he adapted his game like Di Natale or Inzaghi, he could still be effective. I don't know if it's possible, though. Too many of his goals are reliant on being faster than the defenders. I don't think he can use the excuse of not getting service though, with the likes of Oscar, Hazard, and Mata feeding him.

Ode to Django

You're not even a real journalism
Well the difference with Inzaghi is that he was very smart & was always making clever movements anticipating passes at the right time, because with little or no skill his brain was ahead of everyone else, hence he got so many goals, one of a kind.

If you watch Di Natale his off the ball movement is also very smart & he's running defenders ragged, Torres doesn't have the brains IMO. also Di Natale is alot more skillful.

Even in Inzaghi's cameo appearances the past few seasons at 38/39 his movement was absoloutely spot on & he could definately still bang in goals for a team no question about it.

Home of Barca Fans