Champions League 2017/18

snowy

In the past this was men's sport and now there are 22 models on the field who care more about their haircut than anything else. Spoiled brats who throw themselves on the floor every time they are being touched by opponent defenders. Fucking disguising! Video technology has nothing to do with that but nevertheless I hope that one day when VAR is introduced they start punishing every single simulation with a direct red card!

Mane just did it the other way too and got a yellow. He was booed by the crowd every time he touched the ball after that lol

The way I see it, most of the divers doing it reveals a lack of self-confidence and ability to score. Hence they dive and hope for a pen. There's only a few who dive consistently, even when they know they could score easily and Neymar is one of them. He's done it successfully so many times, usually off a dribble and dragging his back leg to get caught by late defender's tackle. With his coordination, spatial awareness and skill balance, a lot of times, he could easily lift his back foot a few inches and avoid the tackle. Reason he doesn't do it is because he gets a real kick out of trolling the opposition and getting players carded. He's a poker player and likes playing with opponent's mind be it with fancy tricks n flicks, drawing fouls leading to FK and Pens. :neymar:

Though he does it less now and plays more direct, he'd sometimes even wait for a few defenders to track back after he got the drop on them, just so he can beat them again and display his dribbling skills. But that's a pretty unique player... most divers do so because they don't trust in themselves. Like you said, we can contrast that with Messi who always wants to stay up and push forth, and they look even lamer.

Flavius

At SB? They probably wouldnt, at home, i think they would get a pen in such a situation, but who knows.
There is enough contact to call it, also the foot in Lucas chest doesnt help either. In any case, when the attacker is in such a position and the defender commits some sort of foul, its like asking for the ref to call it.

They had a penalty not given on Cuadrado in first leg. Oh...you forgot.

utility73

Penalty or not (to me it is still rather not penalty, but whatever) Real Madrid was the somewhat better team over two legs, created more in total than Juve over two legs so it is not undeserved for them to go through.

Sadly, in our our matchup against the weaker team from Italy Barça was the weaker team over two legs and we fully deserved to go out.
So while it would have been quite the comfort for Real to also get eliminated it is not like they were as crap as Barça in the quarters to be honest.

George_Costanza

A rather clear penalty, in my opinion.
Also, if defender doesnt come rushing into Lucas from the back there, Lucas can shoot from 5 meters alone with Buffon.

Shooting opportunity from 5 meters?! The ball went straight to Buffon from Lucas' chest. And if Madridsta are saying Benatia didn't touch the ball, then that was the natural course of the ball into Buffon's hand. Watch the replay.

malvolio

benatia rushed into the challenge. he should've let lucas chest the ball and then try to disposes him. even buffon would have time to intervene there. but now it's history and a spanked real are now world beaters, mental giants and the best team ever.

Lutece FC

I think it's a penalty. Referee was ok...

The match vs. Paris in the first leg was much more shameful in terms of referee

I hate tham but their qualification is logical.

Barcilliant

Lmao people still debating over the penalty!!! 😂

Fuck it! Penalty was given Penal do scores and Rm are through. Yes, the world for Barca fans is a pretty shitty one.

Madrid are going to walk this CL. Either they will be too good for the rest of the teams or if they are faced with a difficult situation Uncle Flo and his refs will help them out.

Benzema10

Official Lyon representative
Now i feel that Juventus is the only chance for Madrid getting eliminated even with a 3-0 lead. That is how bad are the teams left in UCL, they are no match for RMA. You need a strong defense vs Madrid to have a chance to win, and Juventus is the strongest left in this competition...

I feel that madrid will struggle a lot tonight, i see a draw 2-2.

I knew that Madrid would suffer, in Champions league at home every team will suffer when they face quality teams, even Bayern struggled vs Sevilla. Same thing will happen in the Semi finals. this is according to my own researches.

Flavius

Lmao people still debating over the penalty!!! 😂

Fuck it! Penalty was given Penal do scores and Rm are through. Yes, the world for Barca fans is a pretty shitty one.

Madrid are going to walk this CL. Either they will be too good for the rest of the teams or if they are faced with a difficult situation Uncle Flo and his refs will help them out.
AS saying is not a penalty

https://en.as.com/en/2018/04/11/football/1523480942_192032.html

Home of Barca Fans