Champions League 2017/18

vlad

Isco scored in the first half, but referee showed offside, didnt look to me as offside at first

However, we can hope if real wins their 3rd in a row, barca players will start to look motivated next season

Absurd.

It was a clear penalty, Benatia didn't make any contact with the ball and impeded Vasquez so its a penalty no questions asked. Benatia looked like he was losing his head because just before that, he was running around in the midfield like a bull in a china shop fouling everybody lol the pressure was certainly getting to him. Buffon reacted like he did through shock because he really thought they were going to pull it off and he knew that Ronaldo wasnt going to miss. Close but not close enough for Juve.

Benatia clearly reached the ball first. It's not even for debate. The debate is whether his apparent push on Vasquez deserves penalty. Because there's a term called Benefit of Doubt. If a decision is so influential in changing the outcome of the game, you shouldn't call it if it's 50%. The referee in my opinion, just crumbled under the pressure of bernabeu crowd. But it's entirely referee's fault. You just can't allow RM players keep on diving. It not only creates illusion of foul but also threaten the opponent defense while significantly distracting them. He should've given yellow card if anyone clearly dives. Then they won't dive again. If you allow everyone to swim, it will create a lot of confusion in decision making. Then also, it's not justified to call a 50% call under such crucial circumstance.

And I'm saying this just to be fair to the referee. Everyone who watched replays can clearly see, Vasquez started to dive even before Benatia pushed him. We don't even know if he pushed him. Any physical contact is not necessarily a foul. And not at all in the penalty box. And even more so, when it will decide the entire 2 legged tie of the CL semi final. Buffon was right. He crumbled under pressure.

Isco scored in the first half, but referee showed offside, didnt look to me as offside at first

However, we can hope if real wins their 3rd in a row, barca players will start to look motivated next season

Absurd.

The pessimism in this thread is unseen ever before. Head is allowed to score a goal. Hence, Isco was clearly offside since he was leaning outside the offside line. It's not the first time every 50% decision goes in favour of RM. How many times a team has been awarded a Penalty for just a hand touch. The last time I remember was given to Suarez and till now everyone calls Barca as cheater for that. Everyone knew Kroos was driving as soon as Celso touched his shoulder. Everyone could clearly see by the way he fell. He fell like he was tackled for celso holding his shoulder.

Last edited:

BarcaOG

Banned

Absurd.

if takes real winning 3 fucking CLs in a row for our squad to be motivated, we dont deserve to win it ever again

jamrock

Firstly benatia got at least some of the ball

Secondly, all those saying Madrid would have won anyway because they have a "winning" mentality & juve were on there last feet need to shut the hell up and stop being stupid, were they even watching the game?

After around 80+ minutes, allegri was clearly playing for over time which is why he held back 2 subs while Madrid made all of there's, he was clearing going to inject some freshness in extra time & go for the 4th goal, he played it almost perfectly.

But for a stupid ass ref who choose to give a fucking penalty in the 93rd minute of the game,after giving a good 2/3 fouls to madrid that were never fouls.

At that stage of the game if you are a true top ref, you read the moment from around the 85th minute & say to yourself unless there is murder in the area, I will not be the one who decides this game, Simple as that.

Firstly benatia got at least some of the ball

Secondly, all those saying Madrid would have won anyway because they have a "winning" mentality & juve were on there last feet need to shut the hell up and stop being stupid, were they even watching the game?

After around 80+ minutes, allegri was clearly playing for over time which is why he held back 2 subs while Madrid made all of there's, he was clearing going to inject some freshness in extra time & go for the 4th goal, he played it almost perfectly.

But for a stupid ass ref who choose to give a fucking penalty in the 93rd minute of the game,after giving a good 2/3 fouls to madrid that were never fouls.

At that stage of the game if you are a true top ref, you read the moment from around the 85th minute & say to yourself unless there is murder in the area, I will not be the one who decides this game, Simple as that.

Many here, wants to take a moral high ground by pretending to be unbiased. I can't remember a single time where most of the 50% calls went against Real. It's the opposite always. Not every push or hit is a foul. If it's so, all the corner kicks could have been called as foul. And referee who allowed Real to swim around the entire match should have known better about their diving mentality.

vlad

Real benefit most from referee decisions when match is even, like yesterday, but, if you want to benefit from referee decisions, you have to put yourself in those situation when referee wil have to give such decisions, they never give up, they play like they didnt won 3cl in 4 years, with same hunger,.

Remember barca vs psg, that comeback, barca didnt play awesome football, but they put a good fight, and what happens, they were in situations where referee was having hard time, and they did benefit from referee decisions more then psg, we cant pretend that bigger clubs doesnt have referee in their side most of the time, especially in CL, like it or not its just the way it is, but barcadoesnt even put themselvs in those situations, there is no hunger in players, motivation, and that is absurd considering their biggest rival is destroying that competition, like sevilla did in EL, i just cant understand that, what a bunch of pussys this barca side are

Edit: when i said they play with same hunger, its also because that they have just CL left to play, but still

Last edited:

snowy

Many here, wants to take a moral high ground by pretending to be unbiased. I can't remember a single time where most of the 50% calls went against Real. It's the opposite always. Not every push or hit is a foul. If it's so, all the corner kicks could have been called as foul. And referee who allowed Real to swim around the entire match should have known better about their diving mentality.

Exactly, that was no doubt a shitty call by the ref! He should've looked at the overall context and not just blow his whistle because he sees a slight contact. Can't just go by the book at a time like this. He acted like an accountant who doesn't get football.

Just on instincts alone, he should've known better.

This battle should've been decided in overtime. And i'm saying from a partial place, for the love of the game.

It's like if you're a cop, you won't shoot a teen cuz he just stole some condoms. Buuuuull shiiiiiit call by the ref, no ifs and butts 'bout it :police:

Flavius

Another frustrating week... How many in the last 3 years?
Unbearable situation...thanks Barca for the great memories...but. I should "thank" also for another frustration

jamrock

People saying barca players aren't hungry to win the CL :lol:

I'm sure the fact that Madrid have won so many in a short period of time is killing them

But the combination of facts like poor signings, bad management & age as them fucked.

The can't do anything about the latter but the former the board & club can address and have failed to do so on a consistent & good enough basis.

Raketa10

This is fucking unbearable! I only hope Ramos will be suspended for the first SF game since he was on the pitch while suspended!

The morning after I am more sure than ever that was not a penalty. If you call every contact that Ronaldo, Neymar or Suarez heavily exaggerate than you would have 10 penalties in one game. This is one of the reasons people respect Messi more than anyone as he never does that.

Never mind yesterdays game but this is not a basketball or ballet and I am fucking sick of this diving habit that 50% of players have these days! I am also sick of little girls throwing themselves on the floor asking a card or a penalty every time they can't score on their own! I am equally irritated when Neymar does that, or Alba, or Suarez, or Busquets, or Vasquez, or Ronaldo! This has nothing to do with Real alone! This is fucking football not every single contact should be a foul! Pathetic what football has become these days.

In the past this was men's sport and now there are 22 models on the field who care more about their haircut than anything else. Spoiled brats who throw themselves on the floor every time they are being touched by opponent defenders. Fucking disguising! Video technology has nothing to do with that but nevertheless I hope that one day when VAR is introduced they start punishing every single simulation with a direct red card!

Morten

A rather clear penalty, in my opinion.
Also, if defender doesnt come rushing into Lucas from the back there, Lucas can shoot from 5 meters alone with Buffon.

Raketa10

A rather clear penalty, in my opinion.
Also, if defender doesnt come rushing into Lucas from the back there, Lucas can shoot from 5 meters alone with Buffon.

Of course Madridista will say it's a penalty and I can understand you but let's be honest here Juve would never get a penalty in 94-th minute for such a soft contact.

Morten

Of course Madridista will say it's a penalty and I can understand you but let's be honest here Juve would never get a penalty in 94-th minute for such a soft contact.

At SB? They probably wouldnt, at home, i think they would get a pen in such a situation, but who knows.
There is enough contact to call it, also the foot in Lucas chest doesnt help either. In any case, when the attacker is in such a position and the defender commits some sort of foul, its like asking for the ref to call it.

Home of Barca Fans