Champions League 2017/18

Morten

Words are that Ramos will be suspended for the first leg in the semis.
Give us Roma already! They are a very good side too, but i dont want to think about what Salah and co or the Bayern machine will do against a RM without Ramos.

Creds to Juventus for a great game though, they are clearly not finished just yet, will be back next season again.

Icarium

Lifestealer
Bayern were very unimpressive in CL. I would put them even below Roma. But both should be manageable for Real. Liverpool might have a chance. Let's see.

KingLeo10

Bayern were very unimpressive in CL. I would put them even below Roma. But both should be manageable for Real. Liverpool might have a chance. Let's see.

honestly, roma are getting somewhat underestimated. juve totally dominated real in the midfield physically and this roma side is very physical. dzeko bullied pique and umtiti almost as bad as mandzukic bullied carvajal and varane today. they dismantled us and chelsea at home 3-0 and even bettered atletico in the same group. I would want them to have a go at real over 2 rounds and save liverpool/bayern for the final.

jamrock

Was it a PK, maybe but you don't give a penalty in the 93rd minute of a game that's about to go to extra time unless the defender commits murder in area, you use common sense & the moment to say nope, I'm not going to get the biggest talking point of this game, let it ride to fucking extra time.

Jesus Christ, I don't care even if it was Barca seriously.

Icarium

Lifestealer
Everyone thinks it is because Barca played horrible but Roma had an amazing game. They were setup perfectly and fought for every ball and were constantly putting pressure.

soul24rage

Words are that Ramos will be suspended for the first leg in the semis.
Give us Roma already! They are a very good side too, but i dont want to think about what Salah and co or the Bayern machine will do against a RM without Ramos.

Creds to Juventus for a great game though, they are clearly not finished just yet, will be back next season again.

why will Ramos be suspended again? Didn't he already served his suspension this game?

Juve would've went out in ET even if Madrid weren't awarded the penalty.

Madrid have a winner's mentality, it may impossible to digest for some of you, but it's true.

If every time a real player dives, was given yellow card, half of the team would be sent off in 90 mins. It's not just about trying to win penalty but also scare the opponent defense and distract them.

Buffon "In the last seconds of stoppage time, the referee can't award a penalty that is extremely doubtful. He can't just destroy everything like that."

Juve would've went out in ET even if Madrid weren't awarded the penalty.

Madrid have a winner's mentality, it may impossible to digest for some of you, but it's true.

It's not simple as you think. Juve has a clear plan. Everyone here criticizing Juve for not going for 4th goal. Let me tell you one thing, Juve is a defensive team. If they attack their defense become less efficient. Consider that they scored as well as conceded. Real Madrid will easily go through without extra time. The most optimal way for the tired Juve team is to bring the game to the penalty kicks. Remember, how PSG defense panicked every time a RM player dived in the penalty box after they scored the first goal? They're leading in an away game. And they still panicked. That's what dives causes you. It has much more destructive effect on opponent if goes unpunished. Referee should give yellow for Ronaldo or anyone for their first dive. Then they will not dive again. As buffon said, the referee did not know how to manage the game in the knockout stage. He succumbed under the pressure of crowd.

Birdy

Benatia is committing a clumsy challenge from behind. By the letter of the law, this is a penalty. The problem is precisely this: it is only by the letter of the law. Because if we start talking about the spirit of the law, i don't see why a referee can fuck so much such an important game with a decision. Never in a million years giving this penalty in the 93' min of a game heading to extra-time..
It's the third time Madrid is being pushed by the refs, after the 16 final, 17 qf against Bayern.
But, let's look at ourselves as well. The miracle against PSG only took place because of two similar decisions.

The rule of the penalty must change in general. (Look at 1) the easiness with which it is given by refs the last years, 2) the different kinds of violations - spanning from minor to major - that are all lumped together by the only criterion of 'being inside the box', 3) the disproportionate advantage the team winning the penalty gets in 80% of the times compared to the team committing it, and many other reasons)

PS: As for the game, Juve did the best they could. But it was clear, they could not last in extra time. They exhausted themsleves and half of the team was booked. Most likley scenario was a sent-off during extra time and Ronaldo to score a header against 10-man Juve

T

TS88

It was a clear penalty, Benatia didn't make any contact with the ball and impeded Vasquez so its a penalty no questions asked. Benatia looked like he was losing his head because just before that, he was running around in the midfield like a bull in a china shop fouling everybody lol the pressure was certainly getting to him. Juve were really holding on for dear life after they scored the 3rd goal and it was really only a matter of time before they cracked. Buffon reacted like he did through shock because he really thought they were going to pull it off and he knew that Ronaldo wasnt going to miss. Close but no cigar for Juve.

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans