Cesc Fabregas

Ursegor

World Champion
some games i dont know why we play with a dm since most teams puts every player plus the trainer, their family and dogs in the goal area anyways.

for those games i wouldnt mind cesc,xavi,iniesta midfield and 3 attackers upfront.

cesc as a starter though? meh, it feels like we have better players for the position he would take.

A DM provides balance. Throwing as many attacking players in as possible doesn't result in better attacking flow. It makes the team more vulnerable for counterattacks and defensively instable. If you're defensively instable it transmits throughout the whole team. The attacking players don't concentrate on their own game, don't take risks and play it safe to not further burden a fragile defense etc. In fact the lack of a DM was the reason why we conceded the second goal against Celtic. Normally Busquets would deal with such a long ball from the keeper in that position. Xavi playing as the most withdrawn midfielder however couldn't defensively deal with that ball = goal.

In my opinion it's a huge mistake to throw in more attacking players against parked busses. If you do that you leave spaces behind and in 90 minutes EVERY team will get at least 1 or 2 good chances on the break. We fail against parked busses because of our defense. Not our offense. We conceded 3 goals against Celtic in 2 games. Fss. Spain for example have the ability to win 1-0. Everyone parks the bus against Spain too. So what? They stick with their 2 defensive midfielders instead of throwing everyone forward and are capable of seeing off a game 1-0 instead of throwing bodies forward, playing 3-4-3 etc. and ending up with a 2-2 result like Barcelona likes to do.

If we want to win against parked airplanes, we need the holy defensive trinity of Pique, Puyol and Busquets back on the pitch at the same time. That's all.

ammarfcb

ze special one
^cliffs:
*busi is daym good.
*DM is important.

tumblr_mdcann9Zqt1risf9mo1_500.gif

luv u cesc but u can't pull off an alpha villa 'i'm proud of u son' kiss

veryfatchocobo

A DM provides balance. Throwing as many attacking players in as possible doesn't result in better attacking flow. It makes the team more vulnerable for counterattacks and defensively instable. If you're defensively instable it transmits throughout the whole team. The attacking players don't concentrate on their own game, don't take risks and play it safe to not further burden a fragile defense etc. In fact the lack of a DM was the reason why we conceded the second goal against Celtic. Normally Busquets would deal with such a long ball from the keeper in that position. Xavi playing as the most withdrawn midfielder however couldn't defensively deal with that ball = goal.

In my opinion it's a huge mistake to throw in more attacking players against parked busses. If you do that you leave spaces behind and in 90 minutes EVERY team will get at least 1 or 2 good chances on the break. We fail against parked busses because of our defense. Not our offense. We conceded 3 goals against Celtic in 2 games. Fss. Spain for example have the ability to win 1-0. Everyone parks the bus against Spain too. So what? They stick with their 2 defensive midfielders instead of throwing everyone forward and are capable of seeing off a game 1-0 instead of throwing bodies forward, playing 3-4-3 etc. and ending up with a 2-2 result like Barcelona likes to do.

If we want to win against parked airplanes, we need the holy defensive trinity of Pique, Puyol and Busquets back on the pitch at the same time. That's all.
Also the fact that more players in one area means less space and more congestion. I think this was a problem vs. Celtic, where there were just too many players forward.

Paganinisrvnge

I think you're in the wrong thread, but I seriously doubt they can dunk a basketball...

I don't see how it's the wrong thread. They were obviously playing basketball in the video. Pique is like 6'4" so if he has decent jumping ability he should be able to dunk on a regulation 10 foot rim. Anyway, Cesc looks great recently. I hope he plays this weekend.

M

mitkoa7x

I'm 195 and I find it wrong to stereotype tall people as good basketball players. I am terrible at basketball.

evilhita666

Barçapocalypse NOW!
I don't see how it's the wrong thread. They were obviously playing basketball in the video. Pique is like 6'4" so if he has decent jumping ability he should be able to dunk on a regulation 10 foot rim. Anyway, Cesc looks great recently. I hope he plays this weekend.

Oh ok, I didn't watch the video and thought you were talking about the .gif in Busi's thread...

However, my point stands, I doubt either one of them can dunk despite their height...

Home of Barca Fans