Cesc Fabregas

Clockwise

Buccaneer
Barcastuff
Cesc Fabregas' girlfriend Daniella is pregnant. The couple's first child, a girl, is expected to be born in the spring of next year. [md]

It's a girl... It was supposed to be another boy, Cesc :p

idk but this news only brings this up in me: :facepalm:

Ursegor

World Champion
Glad he's finally adapted and doesn't stick out like a sore thumb in our midfield anymore. 115 passes, 92 % PA. He's able to keep it ticking finally. Still a bit more error-prone, heavy with his touch and not as "smooth" as a non-Premier League-infected La Masia graduate but for the first time in the Guardiola / Tito era I'm not shitting my pants anymore when Iniesta is on the bench. A bit sorry for him that he'll probably not get to play a CL knockout game this season. When Xavi and Iniesta are fit, Xavi and Iniesta both automatically start in any K.O. round. No idea how Tito will deal with that situation.

Vapor

Hopefully Tito won't pigeonhole himself and has the balls to take a risk and start Cesc in one of those games, where it may be tactically advantageous. Plus if it doesn't work out, who better to come off the bench than Iniesta or Xavi? As legendary as they are, sometimes a different weapon is needed, and I hope Tito realizes that.

Paganinisrvnge

I agree with Vapor. Too many people think that Xavi and Iniesta absolutely MUST start important matches. I agree that at least one of them should but Cesc is vastly improved this year and his more direct approach is sometimes more useful and like Vapor said. A super sub of Xavi or Iniesta is useful. Vice versa as well. I hope Tito isn't afraid to take off Iniesta or Xavi against parked buses in favor of Cesc's direct approach.

hellsangel1

Anybody that has seen the Clasicos should not be questioning whether Xavi and Iniesta shouldn't be starting important matches. These two are among the best in history and nobody starts in front of them when they're both fit and healthy, I don't care which team it is. However, it's nice to see that finally Cesc is performing, the more direct-style approach suits his game much more and he can be productive especially against lesser sides when he has more time and space on the ball. Xavi and Iniesta absolutely do start in any important game, that doesn't mean Fabregas shouldn't have any role but he is more error-prone than those guys and that will put Barca under more trouble against elite opposition.

impeh

Hi, its me..
After 11 Liga games this season, Cesc has given as many assists (8) as he did in his 28 Liga games last season

:wub:

Stric

I loved seeing Messi on the right wing last week, and therefore I must say I'd like having this as an option, as well:

VILLA ----- MESSI
------CESC-------
--INIESTA--XAVI--

SeloBarca

some games i dont know why we play with a dm since most teams puts every player plus the trainer, their family and dogs in the goal area anyways.

for those games i wouldnt mind cesc,xavi,iniesta midfield and 3 attackers upfront.

cesc as a starter though? meh, it feels like we have better players for the position he would take.

Home of Barca Fans