• Cesc Fabregas

Votes: 12 16.9%
  • Thiago Alcantara

Votes: 55 77.5%
  • Other player

Votes: 4 5.6%

• Total voters

Richard.H

The Cesc haters are simply people trying to show off that they're mega culés and catalans.
The not preferring Cesc culés is normal.
The preferring Cesc culés is normal.
The Cesc lovers are closet gooners.

What the hell? It's the opposite, the Cesc lovers are usually the Catalans...

dalitis8

Banned
Cesc is awesome, simple as.

But ofcourse there are serious arguments against going after him, this summer.

1)Arsenal ask for too much for a player who is ultimately our own

2)Even though Xavi and Iniesta can be injury-prone, and despite the fact that all three of them can be starters if our formation is tweaked a bit, midfield is our stronger area and if funds are tight we should look at strengthening both defence and attack, before moving for Cesc.

3)If we wait for another (or even 2 seasons) the price for Cesc will go down significantly.

silky_soccer

Fireman Sam
Cesc is awesome, simple as.

But ofcourse there are serious arguments against going after him, this summer.

1)Arsenal ask for too much for a player who is ultimately our own

2)Even though Xavi and Iniesta can be injury-prone, and despite the fact that all three of them can be starters if our formation is tweaked a bit, midfield is our stronger area and if funds are tight we should look at strengthening both defence and attack, before moving for Cesc.

3)If we wait for another (or even 2 seasons) the price for Cesc will go down significantly.

Ultimately he isnt though, is he?

Arsenal made an offer, he chose to leave. Arsenal then went about developing the player. Made him into what he is today. This "He's Ours" thing is Horseshit.

V

Valon

I see the Cesc fanboys are doing their magic. Man deluded bunch some of you. Cesc is OURS!!!@@@!1122@@@@ Arsenal stole him!!!!!@@ He has to come back!! blla blla blla... he left with his own fucking choice for gods sake... stop and think a bit.

Aryagorn

Improvin' Perfection!!
I see the Cesc fanboys are doing their magic. Man deluded bunch some of you. Cesc is OURS!!!@@@!1122@@@@ Arsenal stole him!!!!!@@ He has to come back!! blla blla blla... he left with his own fucking choice for gods sake... stop and think a bit.

And apparently Xaviniesta & Fabregas can all play together if our formation is tweaked a bit... Yeah right kick Iniesta into wings again to accommodate some one who hasn't got balls to man up!!

Haven't we all agreed that the favour that Afellay does to us by restricting Iniesta in the middle is itself worth more than his transfer fee!? Now do we really have to break our bank to again force him back to the position where he clearly isn't comfortable playing!?

Metaphysical

Bomb Dropper
And apparently Xaviniesta & Fabregas can all play together if our formation is tweaked a bit... Yeah right kick Iniesta into wings again to accommodate some one who hasn't got balls to man up!!

Haven't we all agreed that the favour that Afellay does to us by restricting Iniesta in the middle is itself worth more than his transfer fee!? Now do we really have to break our bank to again force him back to the position where he clearly isn't comfortable playing!?

earth-rotation.jpg

AnfieldEd

I am Leg End
Ultimately it is not Cesc's football talent in question but his character and mentality, so therefore if Barca waste their funds on him then I'd be worried about that moreso.

La Furia

Legion of Doooom

:wub:

P

PhilS

How often is Cesc at his best? Hamstring problems don't always get better. Some finally get cured by retirement. In athletic terms, I think he is now older than Xavi, which means more injury prone, less often able to take the field in peak condition. I think he signed that extension with Arsenal because he thought it might be his last contract.

Cesc is a thrilling player against weaker defenses - when is is able to play. He has not shown too much in the bigger games, when he faces better defense. He does not play defense at a Barca level, which Pep requires of all players.

He has to be evaluated as a part-time player. Not worth that type of money because a lot of the time he will not be on the field or will not be playing at his best.

Aryagorn

Improvin' Perfection!!
Wait for two or three years and see if Cesc's lust for trophies doesn't get the better of him... If he stays put at Arsenal for the mean time, it means he is man enough to endure through tough times and that he does have some love left for his boyhood club. Then we can think of bringing him back to Barca.

But I'm quite sure he'd jump that ship even if we don't show interest and move onto some other club

Home of Barca Fans