Votes: 12 16.9%
  • Thiago Alcantara

Votes: 55 77.5%
  • Other player

Votes: 4 5.6%

• Total voters

Aryagorn

Improvin' Perfection!!
Give the Fabregas talk a rest for two years... That would mean an ample amount of time to see how Thiago develops, to see what Afellay has to offer while Xavi definitely has at least that much left in his legs. If it does not turn to be how it is planned for that time then break the bank for Cesc

This means the other kids like Rafa, JDS, Riverola, etc can also be evaluated

La Furia

Legion of Doooom
If we were going to get rid of Keita (didn't he recently sign an extension?) and spend stupid money, I can almost understand if it was for Javi Martinez who would actually be able to fill the box to box role, but Cesc?

Aryagorn

Improvin' Perfection!!
for kieta why kick him out when we dont have anybody who can fit his role of box to box with good defensive presence and also does not mind sitting on the bench and coming in to clean up games - if cesc does not fit that role than he is not replacing kieta

for your middle sentence u seem to be forgetting that cesc is the one made of paper and is injured more than xavi and iniesta and why spend tons on money on a position not needed and injury prone player

and your last pitiful sentence, yea the problem is we cant afford him...we have more pressing needs such as striker and defensive depth than commencing to the whims of a spoiled brat and the apparant hardons that everybody in catalonia have for catalans and gooner players.

looking at pep's transfer history we will probably get cesc....another notch in the shit dealings from arsenal to barca and pep's great transfer record

Spot fuckin' on... Would have been better had you added a 'cry-baby' & a 'sissy' to the 'spoiled brat' :p

dalitis8

Banned
for kieta why kick him out when we dont have anybody who can fit his role of box to box with good defensive presence and also does not mind sitting on the bench and coming in to clean up games - if cesc does not fit that role than he is not replacing kieta

for your middle sentence u seem to be forgetting that cesc is the one made of paper and is injured more than xavi and iniesta and why spend tons on money on a position not needed and injury prone player

and your last pitiful sentence, yea the problem is we cant afford him...we have more pressing needs such as striker and defensive depth than commencing to the whims of a spoiled brat and the apparant hardons that everybody in catalonia have for catalans and gooner players.

looking at pep's transfer history we will probably get cesc....another notch in the shit dealings from arsenal to barca and pep's great transfer record

Yeah, because Cesc is not a world-class player, he is just a brat. :lol: Cesc is injury prone, because Wenger never lets him recover, he just needs him so badly. All 3 of them (Iniesta, Xavi and Cesc have had their fair share of injuries, another reason that would not make it tough to accommodate them)

Honestly, how do you come up with these?

yusuf

Yusuf Islam
Yeah, because Cesc is not a world-class player, he is just a brat. :lol: Cesc is injury prone, because Wenger never lets him recover, he just needs him so badly. All 3 of them (Iniesta, Xavi and Cesc have had their fair share of injuries, another reason that would not make it tough to accommodate them)

Honestly, how do you come up with these?

come up with what???? cesc is a good player but not worth 50 mill or even 40 mill not to mention the club is not in the greatest financial position so why spend money on a brat when we can use the limited funds we have on necessary signing

Pedro17

Visca El Barca
come up with what???? cesc is a good player but not worth 50 mill or even 40 mill not to mention the club is not in the greatest financial position so why spend money on a brat when we can use the limited funds we have on necessary signing

This... Thiago all day in my opinion. I really like Cesc and all but not with that price tag.

FCB_M3

I can't feel ma face!
If were not talkin about money then fabregas... But why invest millions when we have thiago and jds!

gingerless

cesc isn't worth more than 35m for me.... over that he isn't worth it for us i think but if we can get him for under that amount it would be a good signing make no mistake. too much cesc hate on here

Madness

cesc isn't worth more than 35m for me.... over that he isn't worth it for us i think but if we can get him for under that amount it would be a good signing make no mistake. too much cesc hate on here

35 MILLION...GOOD LOOOORRD...that's a lot of money for Cesc....how about we give them 25 dollars for Alex Song and they just bleach his face with his left over hair dye?

Last edited:

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member

Yeah. I'd understand if it was Drogba, Tamudo or someone.
You can dislike a player or prefer another but sheer irrational hate for someone that is Barcelona boy and loves the club and is loved by our players is simply childish.
I don't mind either way. We're good without Fabregas anyhow but some posts are simply pathetic.

Ode to Django

You're not even a real journalism
Cesc is definately worth 40m while not as good as Xavi & Iniesta he's alot younger but whats the point in throwing away that money while Xavi is in the best form of his life, Cesc would be sitting on the bench and we already have a world class player mostly on the bench in Mascherano, i'd say midfield is where we are strongest, it really is unnecessary to go for Cesc at least for a few years anyway.

10Rivaldo

Hoy, mañana y siempre traductor
Cesc is not in any shape or form worth 40 million. For Arsenal, yes. For us, no. You don't spend 40 million on a player only to stick him on the bench. He should have never signed that long term contract extension.

Home of Barca Fans