• Cesc Fabregas

Votes: 12 16.9%
  • Thiago Alcantara

Votes: 55 77.5%
  • Other player

Votes: 4 5.6%

• Total voters

Birdy

Cesc of course, but not with much money.. So tiago for the next one or two seasons, and then both!

yusuf

Yusuf Islam
Cesc of course, but not with much money.. So tiago for the next one or two seasons, and then both!

not cesc of course lol but we should do this instead of rape the club's financial situation even more by wasting money on a position that is probably the teams weakest need :lol: we need another CB and a good backup striker

La Furia

Legion of Doooom
Meta you need to stop bringing up the Pique card. I was cynical about the move for him and his potential but it was such a bargain I didn't really have an issue with the signing, it was cheap and defensive depth was a must. I also am an irrational Marquez fanboy who is going to be extremely harsh on non-Rafa sweepers. Pique was essentially a nobody when we signed him, he looked good at Zaragoza sure but at the time of the signing only Man Utd fans such as yourself had a real opinion on him. Cesc has a much larger body of work to judge him with and he's competing with the two best midfielders on the planet and a prospect with a higher ceiling for playing time. It's a very different situation, the only thing they both have in common is they are Catalans who chased money in England.

You bringing up Pique is like me bringing up Hleb.

Last edited:

Richard.H

A person with a sane mind will choose Thiago over Cesc. Why?? Because:
A. Thiago is a bigger investment
B. Thiago can accept a bench role, whereas buying Cesc for 50 mill and benching him until Xavi gets out of his prime is completely foolish.
C. You can mold Thiago better than Cesc.
D. With Cesc you really don't know if he can be "Xavi's replacement" as some of you say. He's not a player like Xavi and his style, with all due respect, fits EPL teams more than Barca.

Metaphysical

Bomb Dropper
Meta you need to stop bringing up the Pique card. I was cynical about the move for him and his potential but it was such a bargain I didn't really have an issue with the signing, it was cheap and defensive depth was a must. I also am an irrational Marquez fanboy who is going to be extremely harsh on non-Rafa sweepers. Pique was essentially a nobody when we signed him, he looked good at Zaragoza sure but at the time of the signing only Man Utd fans such as yourself had a real opinion on him. Cesc has a much larger body of work to judge him with and he's competing with the two best midfielders on the planet and a prospect with a higher ceiling for playing time. It's a very different situation, the only thing they both have in common is they are Catalans who chased money in England.

I would stop bringing him up, but all your comments on Cesc are SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO reminiscent of your comments on Piqué in both content and tone.

like I said, if you wanna cuss the deal for the financial excess of it, then go for it, but don't pretend the kid isn't a superb fit for our team.

You bringing up Pique is like me bringing up Hleb.

I was fooled by Gleb, but all that prevented him from being a hit for us was his inability to settle in the country. footballistically he was pretty good and showed how he fit.

barcetia

Mikrofonkåt
A person with a sane mind will choose Thiago over Cesc. Why?? Because:
A. Thiago is a bigger investment
B. Thiago can accept a bench role, whereas buying Cesc for 50 mill and benching him until Xavi gets out of his prime is completely foolish.C. You can mold Thiago better than Cesc.
D. With Cesc you really don't know if he can be "Xavi's replacement" as some of you say. He's not a player like Xavi and his style, with all due respect, fits EPL teams more than Barca.
no hw cant

yusuf

Yusuf Islam
I would stop bringing him up, but all your comments on Cesc are SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO reminiscent of your comments on Piqué in both content and tone.

like I said, if you wanna cuss the deal for the financial excess of it, then go for it, but don't pretend the kid isn't a superb fit for our team.

I was fooled by Gleb, but all that prevented him from being a hit for us was his inability to settle in the country. footballistically he was pretty good and showed how he fit.

:lol: hleb...so his failure ever since leaving barca is his inability to settle lol

Metaphysical

Bomb Dropper
:lol: hleb...so his failure ever since leaving barca is his inability to settle lol

nah, he's come up with a litany of excuses. different ones each time.

but footballistically, he was a great fit for us. real shame he failed to settle.

Aryagorn

Improvin' Perfection!!
To be fair to Gleb he did seen promising during pre-season, the injury fucked him up

But then Fabregas has grown in the very same atmosphere as did Gleb :p

dalitis8

Banned
Thiago has started one (1) league game for us this season.

Cesc has been an Arsenal starter since age 17, and their captain since age 21 (or 20, I am not sure)

What are we even talking about?

50m euros is a lot, and maybe we should wait. But if we do have the money, then we should go for it. If we can get him for 40m, I say jump str8 in.

yusuf

Yusuf Islam
Thiago has started one (1) league game for us this season.

Cesc has been an Arsenal starter since age 17, and their captain since age 21 (or 20, I am not sure)

What are we even talking about?

50m euros is a lot, and maybe we should wait. But if we do have the money, then we should go for it. If we can get him for 40m, I say jump str8 in.

why??? we have right now xavi, iniesta, busquets, mascherano, kieta and thiago being promoted....that is 6 mids and unless cesc is content with keita like minutes no point in bringing him in....not to mention how is it worth it for us??? why done we wait 2 years when cesc will be much cheaper due to being at the end of his deal and then bring him in when xavi is getting older so at least there will be a spot for him. Plus thiago will be content with the minutes he gets while cesc with his clear attitude problems wont

dalitis8

Banned
Keita should prolly be out by the end of the season. Either way, Cesc is a different player.

Xavi is already getting old and had his injury scares this season, the season before that, it was Iniesta who was made of paper.

Biscuits and Badger, are DMs, not creative midfielders like Iniesta, Xavi and Cesc. If we can afford him, we should bring him in. If not, then we must go for a CB, a CF and quite possibly for a LB.

yusuf

Yusuf Islam
Keita should prolly be out by the end of the season. Either way, Cesc is a different player.

Xavi is already getting old and had his injury scares this season, the season before that, it was Iniesta who was made of paper.

Biscuits and Badger, are DMs, not creative midfielders like Iniesta, Xavi and Cesc. If we can afford him, we should bring him in. If not, then we must go for a CB, a CF and quite possibly for a LB.

for kieta why kick him out when we dont have anybody who can fit his role of box to box with good defensive presence and also does not mind sitting on the bench and coming in to clean up games - if cesc does not fit that role than he is not replacing kieta

for your middle sentence u seem to be forgetting that cesc is the one made of paper and is injured more than xavi and iniesta and why spend tons on money on a position not needed and injury prone player

and your last pitiful sentence, yea the problem is we cant afford him...we have more pressing needs such as striker and defensive depth than commencing to the whims of a spoiled brat and the apparant hardons that everybody in catalonia have for catalans and gooner players.

looking at pep's transfer history we will probably get cesc....another notch in the shit dealings from arsenal to barca and pep's great transfer record

Home of Barca Fans