Cadet A

Plip

Cardenal de Catalunya
Parma, Robbie. :) And he scored a screamer against Juve this season.

Most interesting part of that is that Giovinco was hailed as Del Piero's heir when he first burst onto the scene.

I still do like the kid quite a lot. And I think that given time and enormous amount of games / experience, he might still become an extremely good player. Don't know about WC tho.

Deco 20

Scandinavian 101
He was incredible a few years ago... haven't seen him much since

Such a shame they didn't let him play

iookram

Apparently Juve now want him back but Giovinco prefers to stay at Parma and be their star/key playmaker.

A real shame how his career was stunted by how Juve handled him. He really impressed in the Toulon tournament a few years back.

Yugi

Arsenal have to pay Barcelona 700.000 euros as formation fee for the transfers of Cadete A players Toral (16) and Bellerin (16). [sport]

Deco 20

Scandinavian 101
Since today, I'm Arsenal FC player. I'm very proud to play in this great club!
-- Hector Bellerín, former Barca player and future Barca transfer target

Plip

Cardenal de Catalunya
Yeah, I can definitely see us having a few other Cesc cases on our hands in the future lol.

Robbie

Toral and Bellerin seem different in the reasons why they left Barca. Toral dreamed of playing in the premier league and has English blood, while in all the interviews I've seen with Bellerin he wants the best chances of playing at the top level and came to Arsenal because of Wenger's reputation for developing players. I think Toral will stay with us for years, but Bellerin will definitely go back to Barca once he's top class. In his first interview about it he already said he plans on going back :lol:

Not that I'm complaining though. We haven't had a pacey winger come through our reserves in years, and if we get a few first team seasons out of him I'm ok with that. We got almost 8 years out of Cesc, after all.

Last edited:

Deco 20

Scandinavian 101
It's not like he's leaving a team that's rubbish at developing talent, so he can't argue that he left for purely educational purposes. He's named the following in different interviews: "less competition because he won't have to compete with the best youth academy players in the world", he wanted "a change of surroundings" and later "sporting and financial reasons", and that Wenger convinced him with the set-up, guaranteeing him a first-team debut ASAP.

But the main reason... I guess it's occured to him that crossing won't do much @ Barca...

Last edited:

Deco 20

Scandinavian 101
Adama Traore :worthy:

But... Mamadou Tounkara is almost 2 meters tall, it's not really fair. Carlos Blanco, too.

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans