Cadet A

Deco 20

Scandinavian 101
Barcelona Cadete A right winger Sergi Canos (16) has recived a formal offer from English club Liverpool. Talks ongoing for weeks. [sport]
Hands off, English bastards :banghead:

He's probably the best player in the team, scores much more than anyone else.

LFCTFC

Why would anyone in their right mind pick Liverpool over Barcelona? Besides money?

Opportunity to play. Its a compliment to the amazing amount of talent at your club already at all age groups. Even the most confident youngster must see it as a daunting task to somehow earn their way onto the Barca A team. Don't be too harsh on him if he does join LFC, it will always be his dream to rejoin Barca one day once he proves himself. Similar to Fabregas, we'll all know where his heart really lies, and thats with you guys in Barcelona.

That being said, as an LFC supporter can you guys tell me about Canos? I know his position, and he can score - but thats it. I'd love to hear details about how he plays the game, his personality and his potential.

And again please don't hold it against him. He won't get a pay bump switching academies, just take it as a compliment to how many great talents you have at all ages. Its just a rumor at this point anyways, who knows what will come of it.

Deco 20

Scandinavian 101
Opportunity to play. Its a compliment to the amazing amount of talent at your club already at all age groups. Even the most confident youngster must see it as a daunting task to somehow earn their way onto the Barca A team. Don't be too harsh on him if he does join LFC, it will always be his dream to rejoin Barca one day once he proves himself. Similar to Fabregas, we'll all know where his heart really lies, and thats with you guys in Barcelona.

That being said, as an LFC supporter can you guys tell me about Canos? I know his position, and he can score - but thats it. I'd love to hear details about how he plays the game, his personality and his potential.

And again please don't hold it against him. He won't get a pay bump switching academies, just take it as a compliment to how many great talents you have at all ages. Its just a rumor at this point anyways, who knows what will come of it.
It's really difficult to follow the youth teams from abroad so I can't really say anything that specific about him, but he's the top scorer in his team by quite some distance despite often playing as a winger. He averages about a goal/game, is strong for his age and can play on the wings as well as in the centre.

He's definitely the biggest star in his age group, although there's a few players in midfield who are good too.

Finally he'd definitely earn much more in Liverpool, as Barca doesn't pay that much to players until they start playing professionally.

LFCTFC

It's really difficult to follow the youth teams from abroad so I can't really say anything that specific about him, but he's the top scorer in his team by quite some distance despite often playing as a winger. He averages about a goal/game, is strong for his age and can play on the wings as well as in the centre.

He's definitely the biggest star in his age group, although there's a few players in midfield who are good too.

Finally he'd definitely earn much more in Liverpool, as Barca doesn't pay that much to players until they start playing professionally.

Thank you for the insight!

I'd like to mention that I think your overestimating what Academy players at LFC are being paid. Until they turn 18 they are paid peanuts. Sterling for example was only making 300 pounds per week. Once the players turn 18 they can be offered a full professional contract, but at 16 years old he will only be making in the range of 2-500 pounds a week.

Still good money for a 16 year old to mere mortals like us, but in the grand scheme of things I doubt that he'd make a career defining decision over a few hundred pounds a week.

SamperFCB

Ayoub is in my opinion the biggest prospect in Cadete A. Only 14 years old and already playing in this U16 team.

Cadete A (U16) is playing the MIC'13. Won earlier today their first groupstage match (3-1). Goals by Ayoub (2x) and Sergi Canos.

Deco 20

Scandinavian 101
Thank you for the insight!

I'd like to mention that I think your overestimating what Academy players at LFC are being paid. Until they turn 18 they are paid peanuts. Sterling for example was only making 300 pounds per week. Once the players turn 18 they can be offered a full professional contract, but at 16 years old he will only be making in the range of 2-500 pounds a week.

Still good money for a 16 year old to mere mortals like us, but in the grand scheme of things I doubt that he'd make a career defining decision over a few hundred pounds a week.
Oh, well I've mostly based it on what I've heard offered by teams like City, Chelsea and Arsenal. Supposedly Toral/Bellerín earn about 200 000/year, although the numbers aren't made official so it's a bit difficult to say. I found one article where ALL youth players were paid exactly 1000 pounds per week, but it's probably a bit more as the author admitted that he only guessed based on the total wage bill of the club, and he still had a few million he couldn't account for.

jklz

Ayoub is in my opinion the biggest prospect in Cadete A. Only 14 years old and already playing in this U16 team.

Cadete A (U16) is playing the MIC'13. Won earlier today their first groupstage match (3-1). Goals by Ayoub (2x) and Sergi Canos.

If not the biggest prospect in the entire youth system.. Amazing talent.

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo

Wow that's impressive. Do you have any extra info on him (playing position, style, nationality)

kozza

How can you judge players level with some youtube compilations ? Especially with youth players ? Imo one must watch many full games of a player to have an idea on his performances. I remember some over hyped player like GDS, Rochina... who were judged good bye some video compilations.

Deco 20

Scandinavian 101
No-one's judging players like Ayoub or Canós based on compilations, especially since there's almost nothing to be found. But videos help you get an idea on how they look and, perhaps, the way they play.

The only real sources here are those who watch the games, be it where they are played or on Barca TV. They don't show that many games, but 15 or so games/season is enough to give your opinion a decent foundation.

Last edited:

SamperFCB

How can you judge players level with some youtube compilations ? Especially with youth players ? Imo one must watch many full games of a player to have an idea on his performances. I remember some over hyped player like GDS, Rochina... who were judged good bye some video compilations.
I've to speak for myself, but I won't rate anyone on a video compilation with only highlights. It's so easy to look like genious in highlights.. Have seen enough live matches over the years of Ayoub to say he's one of the biggest prospects in our academy. Versatile midfielder who can play on basically every position on the midfield and even as a false 9 or winger. Skillful boy.

And Deco20 just wanted to give you an idea of Ayoub. Not to rate him on that video..

Deco 20

Scandinavian 101
They first played a 'Standard' groupstage (3-0, 9-0, 3-0) and passed on to the 'Elite' groupstage.

All the 'Elite' groupstage matches were played today (3-1, 2-0).
Barca Cadete A 3-1 Alboraya (2x Ayoub & 1x Sergi Canos)
Barca Cadete A 2-0 Aspire Academy (2x Sergi Canos)

Tomorrow the quarterfinal against Girona at 11:00 CET as you already said.

Oh I see, thanks! :beer2:

Also Canos scored 3 in the 9-0 win

kozza

I've to speak for myself, but I won't rate anyone on a video compilation with only highlights. It's so easy to look like genious in highlights.. Have seen enough live matches over the years of Ayoub to say he's one of the biggest prospects in our academy. Versatile midfielder who can play on basically every position on the midfield and even as a false 9 or winger. Skillful boy.

And Deco20 just wanted to give you an idea of Ayoub. Not to rate him on that video..

Alright,I didn't suppose you watched him playing, btw what are his principle qualities ? does he have a good vista or is he more in dribbling skills ? or maybe both ?

Home of Barca Fans