Cadet A

Antigun

The curse of La Masia? :p
Hope Arsenal will continue winning nothing as long as there is an ex-La Masia player in its setup.

Robbie

Are you a tottenham supporter or something? Your name is "anti-gun" and like 80% of your posts are just winding up arsenal fans, talking shit about cesc, etc

yeswecan

I was checking how many Arsenal first 11 players have come from their academy , while searching about Clichy i noticed this :

Arsenal manager Arsène Wenger had noticed Clichy's talents when the player first arrived to Cannes at the age of 16. Following the 2002–03 season, Wenger contacted Clichy directly in an attempt to sign the player. In June 2003, the Arsenal manager visited the Clichy household in Tournefeuille and offered him a professional contract with the club. Wenger informed Clichy that "you'll play", which was enough to convince both the player and his family.

who still blames those youngsters for doing that ? while Wenger clearly tempts them with such promises ...

Antigun

Are you a tottenham supporter or something? Your name is "anti-gun" and like 80% of your posts are just winding up arsenal fans, talking shit about cesc, etc

Nope, ain't no fan of Spurs nor any other EPL team. Don't have to be a Spurs, Man U, or Chelsea fan to dislike Arsenal.

Robbie

I was checking how many Arsenal first 11 players have come from their academy , while searching about Clichy i noticed this :

who still blames those youngsters for doing that ? while Wenger clearly tempts them with such promises ...

I really don't have any problem with it, but nobody can take the moral high ground. FC Barca has a higher catchment area compared to Arsenal. While Barca is allowed to bring any kid any age from any country into their club, Arsenal is forced to sign only people who live within 90 minutes of the training center. The only other way around that is to bring players from across Europe who are 16. If Barca was given such restrictions they would be doing the exact same thing, because that is the job of a manager -- to do the best for his club by any legal means necessary. Espanyol is pissed they lost 7 players to Barca at the same time this season, Albacete was pissed when they lost Iniesta for peanuts at age 11, but that's just business.

Let's not forget that scouts from Barca were checking out England's U-17's and spotted Arsenal's Aneke and Afobe (who were with the academy since age 9), they were offered free flights to Barca to see La Masia and contract offers, but they turned it down. I wouldn't have been mad if they left, because that's the way things work.

Antigun

I really don't have any problem with it, but nobody can take the moral high ground. FC Barca has a higher catchment area compared to Arsenal. While Barca is allowed to bring any kid any age from any country into their club, Arsenal is forced to sign only people who live within 90 minutes of the training center. The only other way around that is to bring players from across Europe who are 16. If Barca was given such restrictions they would be doing the exact same thing, because that is the job of a manager -- to do the best for his club by any legal means necessary. Espanyol is pissed they lost 7 players to Barca at the same time this season, Albacete was pissed when they lost Iniesta for peanuts at age 11, but that's just business.

Let's not forget that scouts from Barca were checking out England's U-17's and spotted Arsenal's Aneke and Afobe (who were with the academy since age 9), they were offered free flights to Barca to see La Masia and contract offers, but they turned it down. I wouldn't have been mad if they left, because that's the way things work.

1) Arsenal is forced to sign only people who live within 90 minutes of the training center
The rules apply to EVERY EPL club. And that disadvantage is balanced out by being allowed to sign 16 yrs old. You win some, you lose some.

2) The only other way around that is to bring players from across Europe who are 16
That's the lazy man's way out. If Barca ONLY takes in 16 years old, we wouldn't have Iniesta, Messi, and other La Masia stars.

3) Espanyol is pissed they lost 7 players to Barca at the same time this season
Says a report from Tribalfootball

4) Albacete was pissed when they lost Iniesta for peanuts at age 11
Says an Arsenal fan who tried to justify Arsenal's action. Arsenal fans also notoriously say that Newell's Old Boys is furious because Barca 'poached' Messi. But the fact is, Messi was signed with the BLESSINGS of Newell's. The same can't be said about the Cesc-Arsenal poaching though, can it?

Robbie

1) Arsenal is forced to sign only people who live within 90 minutes of the training center
The rules apply to EVERY EPL club. And that disadvantage is balanced out by being allowed to sign 16 yrs old. You win some, you lose some.

2) The only other way around that is to bring players from across Europe who are 16
That's the lazy man's way out. If Barca ONLY takes in 16 years old, we wouldn't have Iniesta, Messi, and other La Masia stars.

3) Espanyol is pissed they lost 7 players to Barca at the same time this season
Says a report from Tribalfootball

4) Albacete was pissed when they lost Iniesta for peanuts at age 11
Says an Arsenal fan who tried to justify Arsenal's action. Arsenal fans also notoriously say that Newell's Old Boys is furious because Barca 'poached' Messi. But the fact is, Messi was signed with the BLESSINGS of Newell's. The same can't be said about the Cesc-Arsenal poaching though, can it?

Don't put words in my mouth, I never said anything about Newell's and Messi and you know it.

Also, every top 4 EPL club poaches 16 year olds. In fact, United and Chelsea have been doing it far worse than we have in recent years. Chelsea even had UEFA come down on them for it (Bruma, Kakuta, etc), and United were taken to court last season over their tapping up/poaching of Paul Pogba from Le Havre (Macheda, Petrucci too, Lazio's prez went to the press about it). I'm not familiar with Liverpool's youth team but I do remember them poaching Dani Pacheco from you guys a few years ago.

Also, you actually agreed with my point :lol:. I said the 90min rule forces top EPL clubs to take 16 year olds from across Europe, and you just said that the disadvantage of the 90 min ruleis balanced out by being able to do that. Thanks bro

Last edited:

Robbie

My point was that youth players are free to come and go as they please. Where they want to go for their education or where they want to sign pro forms is entirely up to them. Nobody should be getting righteously indignant about something like that.

Aryagorn

Improvin' Perfection!!
My point was that youth players are free to come and go as they please. Where they want to go for their education or where they want to sign pro forms is entirely up to them. Nobody should be getting righteously indignant about something like that.

No it's not that simple Rob... If a 11-15 year old kid moved, it's the case of what you've said. He might have felt he'd get better coaching some other such minor reason.

If a 16 year old kid moved to sign a professional contract, it's not just those minor reasons.... there's lot more. reason why the Spanish/French clubs feel so helpless about!!

Deco 20

Scandinavian 101
Let's focus on something different for a while, shall we?

Final vs Espanyol in the copa catalunya... 90 minutes away (11:00 CET)
Last game of the season, and possibly the last ever game for Pol Garcia. Bellerín has already left for Arsenal, not sure about Toral.

Deco 20

Scandinavian 101
Better not get any hopes up... Samper, Sandro Ramirez, Roger Riera and Bellerín are all in Azerbaijan with the u-16's while Ballester and Toral are injured (together with Pau Otero).

N

nejcf15

np. idk for lineup.. our LB Elohor Godswill Ekpolo scored.

1:1 52'

also @deco 20. Ballester is playing, we dont have 2 black skinned goalkeepers

Last edited:

iookram

I think the number 7 is Maxi Rolon. He joined us from the Masia in Argentina. I posted a video of him somewhere in this thread(page 4).

Yugi

from what I have seen so far this is really good football, is Quintilla number 4? because he is great

Home of Barca Fans