Bundesliga 2013/2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

Semi-Neutral

Sir Alupp Heynrguson
You could also say Bayern has beaten every team but four.

Yes, that's because they've played terrible teams! Leverkusen have been awful this season, Schalke likewise, and there's no one good left! We've played Atletico 3 times, Real twice (I distinctly remember you insisting we were going to lose the second time), City twice, Athletic Bilbao, Real Sociedad 4 times, Valencia twice, Villarreal... I guarantee you if Bayern had a fixture list like that as opposed to Wolfsburg and Mainz and co. they would have lost more than two games.

F

Frejsgodes

Yes, that's because they've played terrible teams! Leverkusen have been awful this season, Schalke likewise, and there's no one good left! We've played Atletico 3 times, Real twice (I distinctly remember you insisting we were going to lose the second time), City twice, Athletic Bilbao, Real Sociedad 4 times, Valencia twice, Villarreal... I guarantee you if Bayern had a fixture list like that as opposed to Wolfsburg and Mainz and co. they would have lost more than two games.

Athletic Bilbao, Real Sociedad, Valencia, Villarreal? Really? They're just as "terrible" as some of the german teams Bayern faced, and although Socieded is clearly the best of the bunch they'd still lose against Bayern. Besides Atletico, Real and City all those teams are relatively easy wins for Bayern. Don't see them losing more than the current two matches. Bayern can raise their level just as we can against big time opponents - showed that last year, best illustrated when they battered Barca. No reason to think they wont raise their level of play again when they play against the likes of Barca, Real Madrid, Atletico, PSG etc.

Nothing changes the fact that roughly the same Bayern team has beaten us and other top teams last season and kept that dominating form this season. Until anything changes (i.e. injuries to a bunch of important Bayern players) I don't see anyone beating Bayern.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Man City beat Bayern. We beat Man City.

Barcelona > Man City > Bayern.

:pep:

Frejsgodes,

You got a really bad record at this thing. Said we'll lose to Real, to Man City and god knows how many teams and now Bayern are suddenly unbeatable and won't lose to anyone :lol:

R

Ryu Hayabusa

The only good teams Bayern played this season were Chelsea (Mourinho hadn't figured out the team then, still really close), Dortmund (lost but it was a glorified friendly), City (Pellegrini was completely tactically inept, that 4-4-2 :facepalm:), Dortmund (entire backline injured, no chance), City (lost with more starters playing), Arsenal (red card killed the game, Ozil missed PK), and Arsenal (1-1 draw). 1 close win, 2 good wins, 2 losses, and 1 draw against big teams. Not amazing, certainly worse than us.

Seriously, this makes me laugh.

Djab

Seriously, this makes me laugh.

What's funny with it? I find horse scrotum funnier.

Seriously though Bayern are really good and are top dogs in every match they play.

It's idiotic to say they are unbeatable because, well, they aren't. Frankly I should say I want to beat them in the CL final.

And Semi was talking about big games, which we have won all of them. That's because your record in big games is worse than us.

Last edited:
R

Ryu Hayabusa

What's funny with it. I find horse scrotum funnier.

Seriously though Bayern are really good and are top dogs in every match they play.

It's idiotic to say they are unbeatable because, well, they aren't. Frankly I should say I want to beat them in the CL final.

And Semi was talking about big games, which we have won all of them. That's because your record in big games is worse than us.

I find it funny how some people have a habit of grasping for straws, making ridiculous comparisons, neglecting certain circumstances how results came into being while factors supposedly furthering their "point" are in contrast taken into account, general arbitrariness and an apologetic attitude in general. I've seen these kind of pseudo-arguments over and over, last year as well as still this year, by now these people making these remarks only make me laugh. It's no surprise to me that said statement was made by someone like semi-neutral, who more than once came across as pretty anti-Bayern on these boards.

And yes, claiming a team is unbeatable, no matter how good they are, isn't that smart either. In that I agree.

Last edited:

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
If Barca face Bayern again in the CL I expect another solid victory to Bayern. Not the same embarrassment as last time because Barca has way more stability than last year and Messi is one fire. But beating Bayern.. that's not realistic at all.

Come on, have some faith in your own team. While I concur our defense, especially when it comes to defending against set pieces, headers from crosses etc., struggle quite a bit, but we could still beat them with an attacking line that is in form and by beefing up our defense game. Overall they are a better team than us at the moment for sure, but hey, we were beaten by Chelsea and Rubin Kazan.

Nothing is impossible. Certainly not beating Bayern.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
The other thing is, Bayern is not without vulnerabilities. While Neuer has been awesome, I maintain that Bayern defense has cracks and that they have not been thoroughly tested this season.

Semi-Neutral

Sir Alupp Heynrguson
I find it funny how some people have a habit of grasping for straws, making ridiculous comparisons, neglecting certain circumstances how results came into being while factors supposedly furthering their "point" are in contrast taken into account, general arbitrariness and an apologetic attitude in general.

That's a lot of words, no idea what they have to do with anything though. I listed all the times Bayern played actually good teams this season (teams that would more accurately represent their CL chances as opposed to the likes of Mainz and Hertha and Wolfsburg) and I noted that they didn't actually play that many of them (so their undefeated record is inflated by the weakness of the sides they faced) and that their record against those big teams wasn't amazing. Not sure where the straws are or what's so ridiculous about that.

AfricanBavarian

That's a lot of words, no idea what they have to do with anything though. I listed all the times Bayern played actually good teams this season (teams that would more accurately represent their CL chances as opposed to the likes of Mainz and Hertha and Wolfsburg) and I noted that they didn't actually play that many of them (so their undefeated record is inflated by the weakness of the sides they faced) and that their record against those big teams wasn't amazing. Not sure where the straws are or what's so ridiculous about that.

What would you say about Barca's performance in big games?

R

Ryu Hayabusa

Just to point out 2 major flaws with that comparison of yours and why it counts for nothing in predicting Bayern's chances of winning the CL and determining their actual current strength:
The matches against Dortmund in the German Super Cup (or whatever it is called these days) and Chelsea were at a time at which the team and Pep were not even adjusting to each other yet, but merely getting to know each other (Funnily enough you mention that Mou and Chelsea were still adjusting to each other, not a word though about Bayern and Pep). That sole holding midfielder back then was an enormous liability in contrast to current days Bayern. I don't understand how anyone can seriously consider these two matches a benchmark for anything.
While being apologetic for Bayern's crushing victory in the first leg of the group stage in Manchester, you forget to mention how that loss in the second leg came into being. Bayern were obliterating them in the first 20 minutes in an almost meaningless match, going up 2-0, seeing them revert back into that stance of complacency and arrogance, making them concede and actually seeing them stop playing proper football. Still, City needed a ridiculous penalty call and a blunder-of-the-century by Boateng to win said match. Again, I fail to see how one can take such a match, given the circumstance, as a benchmark for anything.

Guarantee they would have lost on what basis? the loss against City was a deadrubber game the first game at Etihad was the big one and they won that

Semi-Neutral

Sir Alupp Heynrguson
What would you say about Barca's performance in big games?

Well in big games we've beaten Real and City twice each, we drew Atletico three times but the first two draws were enough to win a trophy on aggregate, so I still consider that a win. We've also had a lot more games against good teams like Bilbao, Sociedad, Villarreal, and Sevilla, against whom our form has been mixed but overall not terrible.

Ryu, I didn't mean to say that those games will indicate that Bayern will lose, all I meant to say was that their dominant form over a bunch of terrible teams and not particularly dominant form against big teams.

Guarantee they would have lost on what basis? the loss against City was a deadrubber game the first game at Etihad was the big one and they won that

I just feel like if they had a harder schedule and had to play more good teams instead of the Bundesliga's pretty poor collection, they would end up dropping points here and there, just like we and Real and Atletico have.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans