Best striker in the last decade?

Best striker in the past decade

• Total voters

House of Flies

all your bases belong to us
which is sorta what Villa does too.

How Villa gets a get out of jail free card, whilst Ibra does not is a pure mystery to me.

Catalonian Devil

Shukran Pep
which is sorta what Villa does too.

How Villa gets a get out of jail free card, whilst Ibra does not is a pure mystery to me.

It doesn't seem to be working per his thread nowadays :lol:...

However Villa offers much more to the team when not scoring than Ibra does, his off-the ball movement, and he doesn't disturb the flow in the final third like Ibra used to...

But not let's not turn this to another Villa thread.

yusuf

Yusuf Islam
villa plays for the team so when he is not scoring he is running causing problems and pushing the defenders back with his runs...zlatan mostly stood around

i voted for eto not only cause of his goal scoring record but.......2 years he wasnt healthy with barca is the 2 years we floundered and 3 years he was healthy was 3 liga's and 2 CL.........scored opening barca goals in 2 CL

but i can see the case for villa, henry and ruud......just a matter of who u prefer

jamrock

People act as if Villa is the only one to have scored for a small team

Samuel Eto'o 69 goals in 163 for Mallorca, leading them to the copa del rey title in 2003
130 in 200 games for Barca, 3 liga's an 2 CL Title in the process
53 in 101 for Inter.

Has scored 10 or more goals in 11 straight seasons,m 2 of which he was out injured for most.

this is a man that has won a cup every year he has been fit since 2003.

and before you think he has only done it for Big clubs

50 in 105 game for his home land of Cameroon, but its not only goals, because after all this is samuel eto'o we are talking about. he has won everything a international level that a African team can be expected to win

2x ACF champion, and Gold Medal winner, but again this is samuel eto'o that we are talking about, one of those finals ended goalless, guess who scored in the other two. you guessed it, samuel eto'o.

So to conclude
250 goals in 456 games club
50 in 105 International

4x League Champion
3x Champion league Winner
2x AFC Winner
Back to back Trebles
2 Copa's
1x Club world cup winner
1x Gold Medalist

An most importantly Mister Big shot when it comes to the finals.

everyone else on the list and at his shoulders look up to him

House of Flies

all your bases belong to us
LOL nevermind. My argument there is null cause I only looked at BBC African Footballer of the year.

Boom tish. Game over for me.

yusuf

Yusuf Islam

Samuel Eto'o 69 goals in 163 for Mallorca, leading them to the copa del rey title in 2003
53 in 101 for Inter.

Has scored 10 or more goals in 11 straight seasons,m 2 of which he was out injured for most.

50 in 105 game for his home land of Cameroon, but its not only goals, because after all this is samuel eto'o we are talking about. he has won everything a international level that a African team can be expected to win

2x ACF champion, and Gold Medal winner, but again this is samuel eto'o that we are talking about, one of those finals ended goalless, guess who scored in the other two. you guessed it, samuel eto'o.

So to conclude
50 in 105 International

4x League Champion
2x AFC Winner
Back to back Trebles
2 Copa's
1x Club world cup winner
1x Gold Medalist

:worthy:

B

beautifulgame

Sammy won African player of the year in 2003, 2004, 2005, 2010

Get it right Hofs.

Anyway, I immediately disregarded your argument after the other discovery I made in this thread.

When I came into this thread I would have bet my house on Nolan voting for Villa.

So, naturally, when I saw that Nolan voted for Raul I was like:

View attachment 3563

And then I was like:

View attachment 3565

Now I'm like:

View attachment 3567

Last edited:

Metaphysical

Bomb Dropper

53 in 101 for Inter.

So to conclude
50 in 105 International

4x League Champion
2x AFC Winner
Back to back Trebles
2 Copa's
1x Club world cup winner
1x Gold Medalist

I love Eto'o, but Villa has been more consistent. and considering Villa only spent 1 of his 10 years playing for us, that makes his consistency all the more remarkable.

internationally, Villa dwarfs Eto'o as well. and I've watched a fuckload of Cameroon so I know what I'm talking about here. when Cameroon were awesome, Eto'o was not a central figure in the team. Mboma would regularly outscore him. since Eto'o took up a key role, his scoring has gone up massively, but the team as a whole is not as good. and Villa has fired Spain out of their struggles (something Eto'o never managed to do for Cameroon) with the 2010 World Cup being the best example of this.

but Eto'o is definitely Mr. Big Shot. I can't think of a striker who thrives in Finals more than this guy.

...221/333 for United and Madrid ( 66% to Villa's 53%)
...At least 20 goals for 7 / 10 years.
...33 goals out of 58 games for The Netherlands
...1 Prem league title with United, 2 Liga titles with Real, 1 FA cup, 1 Supercup
...Top UEFA scorer 3 times, EPL top scorer, and a Pichichi

Pretty fucking impressive as well.

None of the above striker dominated two Elite leagues the way he did.
If his national team was as good as Spain he would've at least had a Euro to show for his excellent record with the national team.

Like I said there is very little separating these strikers...

oh yeah, Ruud's a bad mother fucker no doubt, but you can't use the "if his national team was better..." argument to put someone on a par with Villa. I know Villa plays with some of the best midfielders of all-time, but at the World Cup they were struggling. through fitness issues, defensive tactics, stifled by Torres' suckitude, whatever. and David Villa scored the goals to get them to the Semi-Final where they finally took over.

and it's his performances at the 2010 World Cup (and to an extent the Euros) as well as his consistency (at least 20 goals for 10 years) that puts him over the top of both Eto'o, Henry and Ruud, for me. but you could argue it for any of those four and I wouldn't argue too much. they're all magnificent.

jamrock

In their run to the two ACF Mboma Scored 7 goals, Eto'o 5.

Villa is in now way more consistent than Eto'o at club level, the only reason he has failed to get 20+ goals per season since 03(the same nite Villa started playing in the top division). his injuries and Jose.

I love Villa, but he has no where a dominating a player has eto'o when both are at their best.

La Furia

Legion of Doooom
I really can't choose between Villa, Eto'o and Henry. Villa has easily been the most consistently reliable striker of the last decade, the way his performances carry over year after year for different clubs and even in different positions (look at the one year he had help up front at Valencia in the form of Morientes' last stand, he suddenly became La Liga's assist leader AND still scored 21 goals - to me that season was the one that really showed just how good Villa is). However, Eto'o at his best was an even more dangerous striker.

Although if we are looking at high points, Diego Forlan in 08/09 was the single best individual performance by a striker for the decade.

Metaphysical

Bomb Dropper
In their run to the two ACF Mboma Scored 7 goals, Eto'o 5.

Eto'o scored 4 & 1. Mboma 4 & 3. and it wasn't just during the tournaments.

Villa is in now way more consistent than Eto'o at club level, the only reason he has failed to get 20+ goals per season since 03(the same nite Villa started playing in the top division). his injuries and Jose.

why start with '03? Eto'o didn't start then. discount 99/00 because he only started halfway through, but in his first 3 seasons he didn't crack 20 goals and then, alright, the injuries did stop him twice for us, but for Inter? you can't blame Mourinho. he spent most of that season playing up-front. only playing wide from February on, and even then not in every game.

I love Villa, but he has no where a dominating a player has eto'o when both are at their best.

well obviously.

Eto'o played his peak with Barcelona.

Villa played his peak with Valencia.

massive difference.

Hamzah

High Definition Member
henry was sensational at arsenal. unstoppable infact, but he faded later on. eto'o was class and appeared in big games. but villa is consistent in all the years he has played and has turned up at every level.

i voted eto'o but i could easily vote villa.

Home of Barca Fans