Bayern Munchen

Meitux

You are right, he is not on the roster.
I really can't know, im also of the opinion that it's not right benching him especially when you play such a system with a lone player in front of defence, but what can you do? You should accept that we won't see him playing regurarly this season unless he plays in defence or rotating sometimes in midfield which are both doubtable. In defence Pep prefers Dante - Boateng and Thiago will be the one mostly rotating with Schweinsteiger for the box to box role. So there's no quarantee whether he would fit in Pep's plan right now. Surely you need a player with ultimate defensive abilities in a lone role but as it seems Pep prefers a box to box player.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
I really can't know, im also of the opinion that it's not right benching him especially when you play such a system with a lone player in front of defence, but what can you do? You should accept that we won't see him playing regurarly this season unless he plays in defence or rotating sometimes in midfield which are both doubtable. In defence Pep prefers Dante - Boateng and Thiago will be the one mostly rotating with Schweinsteiger for the box to box role. So there's no quarantee whether he would fit in Pep's plan right now.

There is little chance Martinez will play the CDM role, since Guardiola wants to start Thiago and Götze together. To start him as a CB over Dante or Boateng doesn't make much sense.

I really hope Martinez will leave.

Meitux

It's been only one game that both Gotze and Thiago started. I'm sure about Gotze having a place but its also pretty sure that it will be Kroos pairing him in attacking midfield position. You surely won't see Schweinsteiger playing there. Pep is mixing with the positions, earlier i saw Thiago dropping back and Schweinsteiger making a run into the box. That's what Pep wants, a player to get up and down the midfield.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
It's been only one game that both Gotze and Thiago started. I'm sure about Gotze having a place but its also pretty sure that it will be Kroos pairing him in attacking midfield position. You surely won't see Schweinsteiger playing there. Pep is mixing with the positions, earlier i saw Thiago dropping back and Schweinsteiger making a run into the box. That's what Pep wants, a player to get up and down the midfield.

I don't think that can be attributed to Guardiola though. Bastian has always been a box-to-box player and he is known for those runs that he makes.

Faceless

No more faces at night
I think we have yet I see a big game decision by Pep. Then we can only assess his decisions in playing who. I doubt Thiago will start off in big matches.. I think. :pep:
But the possibilities of using kroos over Martinez is very likely.

Meitux

I don't think that can be attributed to Guardiola though. Bastian has always been a box-to-box player and he is known for those runs that he makes.
Yeah but that's the point. He wants those players to drop up and down. Martinez would just stay there and cover. He doesn't want a clear defensive midfielder.

Home of Barca Fans