Bastian Schweinsteiger

raki

Every great manager has a list of "sins" Sir Alex, Pep, Del Bosque and so on.... LVG a also did a lot of positive things while at Barcelona in addition to the trophies he won he also pushed through young kids in Xavi and Iniesta.

XAVI

"In my opinion he didn't get the credit he deserved at Barcelona. He had very clear ideas and was very methodical. He was a coach who was ahead of his time."

And now he is stuck in time.

Basti for €15M is a bargain it's Peanuts that's about £10M, he will add so much quality and depth to Man utd. I don't know how anyone can claim that this is a silly buy especially for that price especially when they will get at least 3 years out of him :banghead: How can people say he's injury prone? I don't buy in to that.

How many midfielder's are there right now vastly better than Bastian Schweinsteiger?

Robbie

giphy.gif

:lol:

How are most of the Bayern fans reacting to this? Were they expecting Bastian to leave or not?

Most Bayern fans on the internet are devastated, but probably not as much as say, if Muller or Neuer left. Most are pissed at Pep. Just not sure how 'irl' fans feel because there aren't a lot of them from where I'm at :lol:

During the team's unveiling, they were booing KHR when he was addressing the transfer.

anguy

LvG brought to Barca guys like Zenden, Sonny Anderson or Ronald De Boer. We had very good defenders(Frank De Boer, Abelardo, Sergi Barjuan), but our defence play sucked so bad. He couldn't find a decent keeper for us. The list of his 'sins' is long.

Yeah that system with 3 defenders when 1 of them was Sergi and other Reiziger was horrible. It's like Alves and Alba in 3 men defense at the same time... He was extremely inflexible and I did not like how he tried to turn Barca into Ajax 2.0. IMO the club crisis next few years after he left was mostly his fault, so I don't like him at all. I honestly rate Robson's team higher, even though we ended up behind Real.

anguy

Going by that logic, we should blame Pep for the relatively poor Tito and Tata years :messi:

Post LVG crisis was far far worse than post Pep "crisis". Anyway to the Schweinsteiger, I've read that he'll make 10mil per year, that's a lot, so I'm not surprised Bayern got rid of him. I don't understand where United get money for these deals, they have not sold anybody (for good money), they just keep buying and buying and buying, even if the new purchases flop.

Post LVG crisis was far far worse than post Pep "crisis". Anyway to the Schweinsteiger, I've read that he'll make 10mil per year, that's a lot, so I'm not surprised Bayern got rid of him. I don't understand where United get money for these deals, they have not sold anybody (for good money), they just keep buying and buying and buying, even if the new purchases flop.

Yeah it was, but using your logic, regardless of which one was worse (certainly 00-04) then the 2012-2014 crisis was all Pep's fault. Right?

Bayern did not want to get rid of him, KHR confirmed during the presser that the board wanted him to stay and retire at Munich but he personally chose to go for a new challenge. It was never a matter of money, please :lol:

“We have responded to this request. The colleague from Manchester United has contacted me. We have agreed on a transfer.
“We tried to convince him to stay with Bayern Munich. But I also understand that a player who is 17 years at Bayern Munich, at the end of his career still want to gain a new experience. ”

“I regret that because Bastian extremely deserving player from us was how you have to say now. He was 17 years with us. He has passed through all stages. He has done great things. He has won everything. I told him that we will give him a great farewell match in Munich when he finishes his career. Whenever that will be. If he stops, we will also talk about whether there will be a future, a second career for him at Bayern.”

EdmondDantes

Most Bayern fans on the internet are devastated, but probably not as much as say, if Muller or Neuer left. Most are pissed at Pep. Just not sure how 'irl' fans feel because there aren't a lot of them from where I'm at :lol:

During the team's unveiling, they were booing KHR when he was addressing the transfer.

I see, understandably so as he's a club legend. I don't think they can complain about the financial side of the deal though, if anything it's a bit of a coup by the Bayern board. And I think the fans will get over quickly once they start steam-rolling teams in the Bundesliga again.

Last edited:

ThwiX

Best midfielder around
Now they really need Thiago to stay fit, especially if they're not looking to bring a replacement for Schweini.

AnfieldEd

I am Leg End
As I said Man Utd can take the risk which most other clubs cannot. However as a poster above said the last few seasons he's had a few niggling injuries and has been quite injury prone.

He will be 31 soon so he only has 2-3 years at the top level left in him and considering his transfer fee and his wages which will be in the £150k range it will be a big risk imo. But one Man Utd can afford.

You can say I am biased but I was one of his biggest fans and for me at his peak was the most complete central midfielder in the world alongside the trio at Barca. So he had the quality. He has still got good quality and will contribute a lot for the team of that I am sure.

But for me it is a big financial risk.

Home of Barca Fans