Bastian Schweinsteiger

impeh

Hi, its me..
Bayern chairman Karl-Heinz Rummenigge confirms agreement in place with Man Utd for transfer of Bastian Schweinsteiger

(i dunno if thats a translation but its on sky sports :lol: )

Antimadridista1

He looks done physically at the highest level.
During the first game of the tie at the camp nou, he was definitely outplayed by our midfield and particularly Neymar/Messi that he couldn't stop when they were running.

Still a good signing if he can stay fit though, he will add a lot of experience and quality.
If they can buy Ramos and a top forward then they'll probably win the Premiear League and reach quarter final of the Champions league.

Sterlingfan2000

He looks done physically at the highest level.
During the first game of the tie at the camp nou, he was definitely outplayed by our midfield and particularly Neymar/Messi that he couldn't stop when they were running.

Still a good signing if he can stay fit though, he will add a lot of experience and quality.
If they can buy Ramos and a top forward then they'll probably win the Premiear League and reach quarter final of the Champions league.

He came back from injury and wasnt fit. And the transfer is a no risk, he dont cost that much so United are on the safe side. Also there are Rumour he wants to play the Nr.6 Role but Pep wants Xabi to play there. At Nr.6 u dont need to be fast

He's so injury-prone after Heynckes' steroids. LvG's another absurd transfer.

Quality player but very injury prone and will be 31 soon.

Players are now injury prone after one 28 game season after the World Cup? I'm pretty sure this will be considered a good signing if he went to Barca or RM instead. Anti EPL bias is too strong around here :lol:

Last edited:

Drexl

I'm sorry, I wish him a nice time with Fellaini and other 'great' players.
By 'absurd transfers' I meant the entire van Gaal career, especially his time at Barca in the late 90's.

I thought LVG was good in his first time at Barca, not his fault his players were big game bottlers, though I get that this forum has a thing for using him as a scapegoat for ruining the club or whatever

Back to Schweinsteiger, this really has the same feel to it as Pirlo's move to Juve.

Antimadridista1

He came back from injury and wasnt fit. And the transfer is a no risk, he dont cost that much so United are on the safe side. Also there are Rumour he wants to play the Nr.6 Role but Pep wants Xabi to play there. At Nr.6 u dont need to be fast

20m for only one year of contract is a LOT of money.

Drexl

LvG brought to Barca guys like Zenden, Sonny Anderson or Ronald De Boer. We had very good defenders(Frank De Boer, Abelardo, Sergi Barjuan), but our defence play sucked so bad. He couldn't find a decent keeper for us. The list of his 'sins' is long.

imo you can do the same for any big name manager: Guadiola, Mou, Ancellotti, VdB, Ferguson. It's part of the game. All I care about are the three trophies he won before FCB became irrelevant pre-Ronaldinho :lol:

Can't wait to see this guy feed Di Maria and Depay :lucho: (and Rooney lmao :lol: )

Aryagorn

Improvin' Perfection!!
Players are now injury prone after one 28 game season after the World Cup? I'm pretty sure this will be considered a good signing if he went to Barca or RM instead. Anti EPL bias is too strong around here :lol:
AnfieldEd is not anti EPL!

LvG brought to Barca guys like Zenden, Sonny Anderson or Ronald De Boer. We had very good defenders(Frank De Boer, Abelardo, Sergi Barjuan), but our defence play sucked so bad. He couldn't find a decent keeper for us. The list of his 'sins' is long.

Every great manager has a list of "sins" Sir Alex, Pep, Del Bosque and so on.... LVG a also did a lot of positive things while at Barcelona in addition to the trophies he won he also pushed through young kids in Xavi and Iniesta.

XAVI

"In my opinion he didn't get the credit he deserved at Barcelona. He had very clear ideas and was very methodical. He was a coach who was ahead of his time."

Home of Barca Fans