Barça's Transfers and Rumors

Status
Not open for further replies.

BBZ8800

Except Masche will not leave for free and we cannot get quality replacements for him on 2m a year.

I wrote the post above as an example of a worst case scenario, where we would get 0+0+0 millions for all players.
Or 8+0+0 millions for all players.

In those cases, we would earn 24 and 32 millions.
Whatever we get for Masch (if he leaves), we will have even more funds, like 40-45 from these 7 players.

About 2 million wages, wages don't exactly show good a player is since in Barca majority of new/younger players start on low wages and get a raise over years.

For example:
-- Sergi Roberto 1,04m per year
-- Bravo 1,74m per year
-- Bartra 2,08m
-- Mats 2,86m
-- Vidal 3,12m
-- Rakitic 3,90m

Umtiti (even though this news seems false already) would probably have 2-3m wage.
While Lemos 1,5-2,5m at max.

Masch doesn't have 6,76m wages ONLY because he is THAT good, but because he is old and his wage improved over years in Barca.
And he has been here for 6 years.
His starting wage here was probably around 3-4m or something like that (that's how it usually goes).

So, 2-3m starting wages for a young defender doesn't mean that he is that much worse player than current guys with 6-7-8m wages.
Bartra is a Spanish NT player and he has a wage only 2,1m...

Interlop

So BBZ, are you suggesting that we should replace Masche with either Umtiti or Lemos?
Let's be honest here, neither of them are Barca first 11 quality right now, they need like 1-2 years to settle down, learn the way Barca plays at the back etc. that's why they earn 2-3mil. Masche on the other hand is superior in quality to either of those two, he is Barca's 4th captain and a true leader at the back and if we want to transfer a player of his quality, and I mean first 11 quality (whitch I don't think exist on the market at the moment) we would have to pay a lot more than 2-3 mil, maybe even more than Mascherano is earning right now.

khaled_a_d

Umtiti and Lemos while keeping hold of Mascherano would be fantastic.

I'm quite concerned about the RB position tho. If we don't get anyone, it would mean a lot of time there for Aleix and Sergi. If Sergi plays there, we lose a midfielder. And we're already thin at the middle. Getting Denis wouldn't help either as he's not a b2b type of a guy. We really don't have any other b2b midfielders apart from Sergi and Rakitic.

Not sure about that,we have Iniesta,Rakitic,Arda,Rafinha for 2 positions while Denis & S.Roberto can play there when needed.that doesn't look thin at all to me.Sure some would love getting a high profile starting CM to raise quality.but depth wise it is the most stacked line we have

Would you guys be satisfied with us buying Umtiti and Lemos?

Not sure how can we answer such question.most of us didn't know that Lemos existed b4 we Canaria 7 announced our offer rejected.and very few members here watched Umtiti on regular bases. May be when we watch them enough we can have an opinion about them

gasgas

Not sure about that,we have Iniesta,Rakitic,Arda,Rafinha for 2 positions while Denis & S.Roberto can play there when needed.that doesn't look thin at all to me.Sure some would love getting a high profile starting CM to raise quality.but depth wise it is the most stacked line we have

Not sure how can we answer such question.most of us didn't know that Lemos existed b4 we Canaria 7 announced our offer rejected.and very few members here watched Umtiti on regular bases. May be when we watch them enough we can have an opinion about them

with exception of iniesta and rakitic, none of them are worth Barca first 11.
that's not how a big team operates
example a team like Bayern Alonso gets injured, they can play Vidal there, Javi Martinez, Alaba, Lahm. all class players

imagine iniest/rakitic get injured.
we're basically screwed
that happens around the big games, it means we're out of competitions

and as good as iniesta is in big games, he is inconsistent in most other games
and rakitic offers nothing in big games except running and short passes, no creativity in big games

Topolino

Gemusesuppe

Iniesta, Arda, Rafinha, Denis are attacking minded midfielders. Iniesta has adapted a new role but he's still that type of a player. Our midfield is actually set up with a pivot and two b2b midfielders who give the ball to the front trio. It's weird that we have only two b2b midfielders Rakitic (who's also converted from and attacking midfield) and Bob who'll probably play at the RB. I'm not talking about some high profile central midfielder, I'd rather have a new RB so we could play Bob in his natural position. And if Lucho converts Roberto to RB, we could use someone new in the midfield who can do some hard work. Samper isn't the anwser, that kid is skinny as hell, even if he shows his worth in the preseason.

George_Costanza

How many times we have seen Messi drop deep in the midfield to help Iniesta and Raki.

Iniesta: is good when he is well rested and rotated.
Rafinha: Injury prone and not sure of his quality against top clubs
Arda: didn't fit us so far
Rakitic: the only reliable MF we have so far
S. Roberto: will play as RB mostly next season

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans