Barça's Transfers and Rumors

Status
Not open for further replies.

khaled_a_d

with exception of iniesta and rakitic, none of them are worth Barca first 11.
that's not how a big team operates
example a team like Bayern Alonso gets injured, they can play Vidal there, Javi Martinez, Alaba, Lahm. all class players

imagine iniest/rakitic get injured.
we're basically screwed
that happens around the big games, it means we're out of competitions

and as good as iniesta is in big games, he is inconsistent in most other games
and rakitic offers nothing in big games except running and short passes, no creativity in big games

No big team have a starting XI that is close to ours,we can't have a bench as strong as them with such a starting line up.that is the reality that people will need to accept sooner or later

Iniesta, Arda, Rafinha, Denis are attacking minded midfielders. Iniesta has adapted a new role but he's still that type of a player. Our midfield is actually set up with a pivot and two b2b midfielders who give the ball to the front trio. It's weird that we have only two b2b midfielders Rakitic (who's also converted from and attacking midfield) and Bob who'll probably play at the RB. I'm not talking about some high profile central midfielder, I'd rather have a new RB so we could play Bob in his natural position. And if Lucho converts Roberto to RB, we could use someone new in the midfield who can do some hard work. Samper isn't the anwser, that kid is skinny as hell, even if he shows his worth in the preseason.

Again,depth wise we are well covered,Lucho is a big believer in both Denis & Rafinha and Arda isn't going anywhere most probably.there is just zero space for another one no matter how you try to go around it

How many times we have seen Messi drop deep in the midfield to help Iniesta and Raki.

Iniesta: is good when he is well rested and rotated.
Rafinha: Injury prone and not sure of his quality against top clubs
Arda: didn't fit us so far
Rakitic: the only reliable MF we have so far
S. Roberto: will play as RB mostly next season

1-Messi will always drop deep,and there is even good chance that eventually he will became a full time AM and becoming the one who replaces Iniesta.
I don't find Messi dropping as something negative,it is how his game has evolved and it is great considering that he is 29 and sooner or later he will lose a step or two which won't allow him to continue on the wing.So I am totally ok with it
2-Iniesta wasn't rested because of lack of depth specially in the 1st half of the season and extra amount of games we had played.We will have Arda from the start,healthy Rafinha (Rafinha injury prone?the guy had only one major injury in his career duo to a brutal tackle ffs),Arda doesn't fit but he is staying,Rakitic still reliable,Roberto will be used in midfield when needed with Vidal being trusted too as a RB rotation (or even starter)

BBZ8800

So BBZ, are you suggesting that we should replace Masche with either Umtiti or Lemos?
Let's be honest here, neither of them are Barca first 11 quality right now, they need like 1-2 years to settle down, learn the way Barca plays at the back etc. that's why they earn 2-3mil. Masche on the other hand is superior in quality to either of those two, he is Barca's 4th captain and a true leader at the back and if we want to transfer a player of his quality, and I mean first 11 quality (whitch I don't think exist on the market at the moment) we would have to pay a lot more than 2-3 mil, maybe even more than Mascherano is earning right now.

It depends on what do we want to do with our team (not this summer) but in the next 2-3-4 years.

1. if we want Pogba THIS summer, then we can't get Marquinos, a new Rb, a 4th attacker etc.
Then we could buy Pogba for 100m and guys like Lemos.
This way, we would get world class Pogba and we would have a weaker defense, but since we still have Pique+Mathieu, it may still work.

2. on the other hand, for people who think that defense RIGHT NOW is the highest priority and that we MUST buy a world class defender like Marquinos, then we will spend 50-ish M on him, and then we surely won't try to buy Pogba this summer.
At least for me, this raises some questions:
-- what about midfield, again we will have only Iniesta+Raki plus lots of squad level players like Arda, Roberto, Rafinha, Suarez
-- imo, there are way more "available" and "affordable" and yet good defenders in the world than world class Cms for our level

While with Cms, for which players we could say today that they would be improvement over Iniesta+Rakitic? Only Verratti, Gundogan and Pogba. (And maybe Koke).
Verratti is not for sale, Gundogan will stay in City for a few years, that means that our only world-class options to strengthen a midfield in summers 2016, 2017 and 2018 are apparently: Pogba and Koke.

What I am trying to say, it seems that Pogba is the only world-class Cm who is interested in Barca and with who's club we had some talks and who could be transferable.
If he joins Real or Chelsea THIS summer, then we are screwed long-term in midfield since:
-- La Masia is not offering anything
-- and all other players of Barca's level are unavailable (Pogba gone, Verratti won't get sold, Gundogan gone, Koke in Atletico probably forever).

So, if we lose out on Pogba from this or that reason (summer 2016 or 2017), our long term prospects of building a good midfield will look like:
Try to buy Verratti every summer and fail.
Try to buy Koke every summer and fail. Or eventually insanely overpay him.
Or buy weaker players like Arda and Pjanic...

Sorry if I am boring now with Pogba (especially since I didn't like him in the past), but now, if you try to plan a long-term future, imo, we will experience the biggest problems in our midfield (I don't think that any of Roberto, Rafinha, Suarez will turn into a starting material for Barca's level).

In that sense, imo, securing a world class Cm is much harder than securing a very good Cb.

1. So, if we buy a world class CM we could survive with Pique-Mathieu and weaker Cbs (Lemos+xx guy)
2. But if we turn to Marquinos and lose Pogba to someone else this summer, then we are screwed for the next few years.

Again, imagine Iniesta getting much weaker this season.
And in a summer 2017, he will be something like Xavi in his final days here.
So, Iniesta will be very old. Rakitic around 30. And other guys not good enough for the highest level (except being squad players).
Pogba gone (Real or Chelsea), Gundogan gone, Verratti unavailable, Koke unavailable.

What we will do then? Probably desperate signings like Pjanic, Ozil and similar.

So, if possible, I would like to hear some other opinions how would you guys solve BOTH defense and midfield in summers 2016 and 2017 (and we can't get both in this summer since we don't have that much money)?
And what will happen if we'll solve our defense FIRST and if all of our midfield targets become unavailable for the next 3-4 years, which is very possible?

Last edited:

George_Costanza

1-Messi will always drop deep,and there is even good chance that eventually he will became a full time AM and becoming the one who replaces Iniesta.
I don't find Messi dropping as something negative,it is how his game has evolved and it is great considering that he is 29 and sooner or later he will lose a step or two which won't allow him to continue on the wing.So I am totally ok with it

let me summarize what are you saying from above paragraph.

from next season on, Barca's for the first time in decades will play 4-4-2 instead of 4-3-3

gasgas

It depends on what do we want to do with our team (not this summer) but in the next 2-3-4 years.

1. if we want Pogba THIS summer, then we can't get Marquinos, a new Rb, a 4th attacker etc.
This way, we would get world class Pogba and we would have a weaker defense, but since we still have Pique+Mathieu, it may still work.

2. on the other hand, for people who think that defense RIGHT NOW is the highest priority and that we MUST buy a world class defender like Marquinos, then we will spend 50-ish M on him, and then we surely won't try to buy Pogba this summer.
-- what about midfield, again we will have only Iniesta+Raki plus lots of squad level players like Arda, Roberto, Rafinha, Suarez
-- imo, there are way more "available" and "affordable" and yet good defenders in the world than world class Cms for our level

While with Cms, for which players we could say today that they would be improvement over Iniesta+Rakitic? Only Verratti, Gundogan and Pogba. (And maybe Koke).
Verratti is not for sale, Gundogan will stay in City for a few years, that means that our only world-class options to strengthen a midfield in summers 2016, 2017 and 2018 are apparently: Pogba and Koke.

What I am trying to say, it seems that Pogba is the only world-class Cm who is interested in Barca and with who's club we had some talks and who could be transferable.
If he joins Real or Chelsea THIS summer, then we are screwed long-term in midfield since:
-- and all other players of Barca's level are unavailable (Pogba gone, Verratti won't get sold, Gundogan gone, Koke in Atletico probably forever).

So, if we lose out on Pogba from this or that reason (summer 2016 or 2017), our long term prospects of building a good midfield will look like:

Sorry if I am boring now with Pogba (especially since I didn't like him in the past), but now, if you try to plan a long-term future, imo, we will experience the biggest problems in our midfield (I don't think that any of Roberto, Rafinha, Suarez will turn into a starting material for Barca's level).

In that sense, imo, securing a world class Cm is much harder than securing a very good Cb.

1. So, if we buy a world class CM we could survive with Pique-Mathieu and weaker Cbs (Lemos+xx guy)
2. But if we turn to Marquinos and lose Pogba to someone else this summer, then we are screwed for the next few years.

So, Iniesta will be very old. Rakitic around 30. And other guys not good enough for the highest level (except being squad players).
Pogba gone (Real or Chelsea), Gundogan gone, Verratti unavailable, Koke unavailable.

What we will do then? Probably desperate signings like Pjanic, Ozil and similar.

So, if possible, I would like to hear some other opinions how would you guys solve BOTH defense and midfield in summers 2016 and 2017 (and we can't get both in this summer since we don't have that much money)?
And what will happen if we'll solve our defense FIRST and if all of our midfield targets become unavailable for the next 3-4 years, which is very possible?

this needs to be read by every member :goodpost:

gasgas

No big team have a starting XI that is close to ours,we can't have a bench as strong as them with such a starting line up.that is the reality that people will need to accept sooner or later

Again,depth wise we are well covered,Lucho is a big believer in both Denis & Rafinha and Arda isn't going anywhere most probably.there is just zero space for another one no matter how you try to go around it

2-Iniesta wasn't rested because of lack of depth specially in the 1st half of the season and extra amount of games we had played.We will have Arda from the start,healthy Rafinha (Rafinha injury prone?the guy had only one major injury in his career duo to a brutal tackle ffs),Arda doesn't fit but he is staying,Rakitic still reliable,Roberto will be used in midfield when needed with Vidal being trusted too as a RB rotation (or even starter)

the only reason other teams don't have a better first eleven is our front three. that and only that
outside the front three many top teams beat us
RMA, Bayern, and even Atletico
explains why whenever our front three goes just a little bit off form, we're royally screwed

Jombi

Mahmoud Dahoud or Julian Draxler for example could blow up next season. We cant just sit down and sulk thinking there wont be options next summer.

khaled_a_d

the only reason other teams don't have a better first eleven is our front three. that and only that
outside the front three many top teams beat us
RMA, Bayern, and even Atletico
explains why whenever our front three goes just a little bit off form, we're royally screwed

Explain why is this a bad thing?every team has players that are the the main difference makers of the team.for us it was Xavi/Iniesta/Messi while now it is the MSN .
And defense & Midfield of ours are top class along 2 gr8 GK btw.there is a reason we won 5 of the 6 major trophies we played in the past 2 years.MSN can't do this things without a full gr8 line up
You can't have 3 of the top 5 players in the world and have a good bench at the same time.period

Jombi

yes, by your usual inflated rates, Dahoud will worth 150m by next Jan.

Wait and see what Pogba goes for. Stop being bitter and snarky about it. 80m euros for Pogba is laughable.

I am one of the very few who said months ago that pretty much all our deadweight will go for free or we'll pay to get rid of them. That's not "inflated". Thats the OPPOSITE of inflated and the reality and we see this happening right now. Alves and Sandro went for free and Bartra for a bag of chips. People DID expect us to get much more for Alves, Bartra and Sandro, no matter how much you deny it.

Last edited:

gasgas

Explain why is this a bad thing?every team has players that are the the main difference makers of the team.for us it was Xavi/Iniesta/Messi while now it is the MSN .
And defense & Midfield of ours are top class along 2 gr8 GK btw.there is a reason we won 5 of the 6 major trophies we played in the past 2 years.MSN can't do this things without a full gr8 line up
You can't have 3 of the top 5 players in the world and have a good bench at the same time.period

lol our midfield and defence are not top class
they are just okay,

LordLichtenstein

First of all, if we were to buy Pogba, then we certainly wouldn't pay Juventus €90-100m this summer, we would probably make a Suárez kinda deal, where we pay little by little over a few seasons.

If our board could make such a deal with Juventus, then we probably could afford a new CB and a new RB this summer too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans