Barca Transfers and Rumors

Messi983

Saw some rumors that both we and Real Madrid are eyeing Konate as an alternative to Upamecano. What happened to him, [MENTION=20930]Messi983[/MENTION]? He was out for a long time due to injuries last season, right? I remember you rated him higher than Upamecano.

I think it was [MENTION=20666]FC433[/MENTION] who rated Konate higher than Upamecano. I've liked them both but prefered Upamecano since he'd be easier available (first because his contract was expiring before he renewed and then due to release clause) and he also seemingly surpassed his injury problems and played on a good level in last two seasons while Konate was mostly out and I haven't really seen that much of him.

With Araujo's emergence I think Upamecano would also fit better alongside him than Konate. Anyway, that's irrelevant now as he's off to Bayern. I don't think we'll get Konate either as he's probably too expensive and there are multiple big clubs who will look for a CB this summer so don't expect us to go into a bidding war. I think for next season we'll bring Garcia and maybe Alaba but don't see us spending a big transfer fee on a CB.

Did you watch him? Do you like him?

Nope, never watched him.

Last edited:

Gari

Georginio Wijnaldum has chosen to leave Liverpool at the end of the season to join Barcelona. The Holland international has agreed a pre-contract deal to become the first signing of Joan Laporta's second spell as President of the Catalan club. [the sunday times]

Zidane82

Georginio Wijnaldum has chosen to leave Liverpool at the end of the season to join Barcelona. The Holland international has agreed a pre-contract deal to become the first signing of Joan Laporta's second spell as President of the Catalan club. [the sunday times]
I like him a lot but I?m not sure midfield is a priority tbh

Porque

We need some experience in that midfield. If Ilaix is coming up as the profile of Wijnaldum then it will be worthwhile to learn from him.

Wijnaldum for Pjanic is a huge improvement. It shuts the door to Puig (but that door is already closed this season to be honest) and perhaps Nico unless he is groomed as Busquets understudy.

Basically what I am saying is that with Koeman and a new motivation for Wijnaldum that this will be a good move for two seasons.

Jakabor

We need some experience in that midfield. If Ilaix is coming up as the profile of Wijnaldum then it will be worthwhile to learn from him.

Wijnaldum for Pjanic is a huge improvement. It shuts the door to Puig (but that door is already closed this season to be honest) and perhaps Nico unless he is groomed as Busquets understudy.

Basically what I am saying is that with Koeman and a new motivation for Wijnaldum that this will be a good move for two seasons.

Why do we need experience when we have Frenkie and Busquets? That?s two players who by now have plenty experience. Pedri has a year under his belt and look really mature.

If anything we need to promote Illaix full time, give Nico or Orellana minutes in some matches rotating with our experienced.

Enough if this buying experienced players when we have players of immense potential coming through. No more veterans on 3-4 year contracts to take minutes from youngsters.

Give me:
- Pedri
- Puig
- Frenkie
- Busquets
- Illaix
- Pjanic (already bad ?experienced? player signing BUT under contract)
- Alena (back from loan- will be loaned out again or sold BUT rather him then another ?experienced? midfielder)
- Nico (give rotation minutes)
- Orellana (give rotation minutes)

NO to purchasing veterans players from outside!

Last edited:

Porque

@Jakobor

I think the midfield needs more quality in depth. Your right that Frenkie is experienced as is Busquets. Pedri has a year and to be honest we really need someone who can give both him and Busquets relief. One is too old and the other too young to be playing every single game.

Outside of these three right now we have Pjanic, Puig and now Ilaix. Two of those Koeman hardly counts so it is better to sell and loan.

With that in mind Wijnaldum, Collado, Ilaix is an improvement of this midfield second line. Wijnaldum is first sub/rotation for our midfield trio.

What happens with Nico and Orellana is more complicated. Both contracts end in a few months time and need to be renewed, while next season will see a drop to 3 subs.

Rassvet

Griezmann, Coutinho, Pjanic, Lenglet, and Umtiti out. Garcia, Alaba, Emerson, and Haaland in. Maybe sign a midfielder as well and that would be the type of window Im hoping for.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Curious what Koeman will decide now re. defenders. He was vocal about necessity of Barca signing one or two? when he was appointed. Does he see Araujo and Mingueza as starters next year. Does he rate Garcia? Is Pique staying? Or Lenglet for that matter. He keeps on playing him even when practically everyone else would punish those kind of abysmal displays.

Messi983

@Jakobor

I think the midfield needs more quality in depth. Your right that Frenkie is experienced as is Busquets. Pedri has a year and to be honest we really need someone who can give both him and Busquets relief. One is too old and the other too young to be playing every single game.

Outside of these three right now we have Pjanic, Puig and now Ilaix. Two of those Koeman hardly counts so it is better to sell and loan.

With that in mind Wijnaldum, Collado, Ilaix is an improvement of this midfield second line. Wijnaldum is first sub/rotation for our midfield trio.

What happens with Nico and Orellana is more complicated. Both contracts end in a few months time and need to be renewed, while next season will see a drop to 3 subs.

Wijnaldum will be a starter if he comes.

You're also forgetting Roberto as a possibility in the midfield.

I'd go with:

Pedri/Roberto - FDJ/Pjanic - Wijnaldum/Ilaix

Send Busi to MLS and Puig on loan.

Kul_z

Finally youngsters getting fair share of minutes, good display week in week out and goat performing. If we win against madrid next month that would seal the deal for top destination for attracting top talents and players regarding the positions we lack quality. I think that even mbappe and haaland already had a second thought about playing with us.
Mats is still considered as one of the best, frenkie yet entering his prime, pedri at 18 years old playing constantly, dembele and lenglet with all their flaws still getting minutes showing that there is a room for mistakes. A lot of prospects, raw talent and playing good football. Real is attractive too so next season already you could tell that la liga giants would seriously have their say in cl.

We move

Porque

Wijnaldum will be a starter if he comes.

You're also forgetting Roberto as a possibility in the midfield.

I'd go with:

Pedri/Roberto - FDJ/Pjanic - Wijnaldum/Ilaix

Send Busi to MLS and Puig on loan.

I'd be hoping he has a Keita type role but you might be right. Koeman rates him highly.

Busi is earning another season. Pjanic would be a great option for the MLS. Got an MLS player face type too.

Completely forgot Roberto which says it all. Shame he wont be a transfer option.

Home of Barca Fans