Barca Transfers and Rumors

Judoman

Nice catch, he at best looked like the 3rd best midfielder yesterday and none of them played great. Good player, but I don't think he would dramatically change the barca midfield and his best attributes are not what this barca team is lacking..

No? Taking the ball to the box? Taking the final pass? Attack minded midfield player? Are these things not needed in Barca?

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Spending 120m on Griezmann, one year older and 20m more. Throwing all in, including possibly Dembele for an older and less effective Neymar, further pissing PSG off and making signing Mbappe even more impossible. Wasting potentially 100m on Rodrigo (?!). Throwing all the money down the drain for some oldies and yet refusing to invest on the future such as Fubo. This club is committing suicide with our competitors and rivals laughing. Take the popcorn out uncle Flo.

Valverde, Abidal, Segura and Bartomeu all get the hell out. What a depressing time to be a Barca fan. Losing is OK, and I will even accept getting humiliated two years in a row, however not seeing any hope is killing me.

Last edited:

BarçaBarça

Spending 120m on Griezmann, one year older and 20m more. Throwing all in, including possibly Dembele for an older and less effective Neymar, further pissing PSG off and making signing Mbappe even more impossible. Wasting potentially 100m on Rodrigo (?!). Throwing all the money down the drain for some oldies and yet refusing to invest on the future such as Fubo. This club is committing suicide with our competitors and rivals laughing. Take the popcorn out uncle Flo.

Valverde, Abidal, Segura and Bartomeu all get the hell out. What a depressing time to be a Barca fan. Losing is OK, and I will even accept getting humiliated two years in a row, however not seeing any hope is killing me.

The hope must be, that Neymar-rumours are BS, Dembele stays, and that only Coutinho and maybe Rakitic gets sold (besides the deadweight).

If we get De Jong, De Ligt and Griezmann with money from Malcom, Coutinho and Rakitic, I will be very happy, because that is investing in the future.
We have Alena and Puig as good midfield prospects, and then of course we will need a long term CF/attacker, but 2-3 years down the road our attack will look different when planning for Messis retirement anyway. Maybe we can lure Mbappe with Messis wages when he retires or something, we will see in time.

Messi983

Spending 120m on Griezmann, one year older and 20m more.

He's the best option on the market. Do you prefer to spend the same money on unproven player like Joao Felix?

Throwing all in, including possibly Dembele for an older and less effective Neymar,

BS rumours.

further pissing PSG off and making signing Mbappe even more impossible.

Why would we piss PSG off? They would have to agree to sell Neyboy.

We'll never get Mbappe anyway.

Wasting potentially 100m on Rodrigo (?!).

Won't happen.

Throwing all the money down the drain for some oldies and yet refusing to invest on the future such as Fubo.

How many oldies did we spend money on in the last 3-4 years?

We've invested a lot in younger players for the first team and Barça B (like Wague and Ludovit Reis). We can't buy everyone though. If Kubo doesn't want to come back there is nothing we can do.

This club is committing suicide with our competitors and rivals laughing. Take the popcorn out uncle Flo.

Yeah, because uncle Flo has done so great recently on the transfer market. He sold his best player over the last decade last summer and replaced him with Mariano.

What a depressing time to be a Barca fan. Losing is OK, and I will even accept getting humiliated two years in a row, however not seeing any hope is killing me.

Are you also so depressed and pessimistic in your personal life?

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
He's the best option on the market. Do you prefer to spend the same money on unproven player like Joao Felix?

BS rumours.

Why would we piss PSG off? They would have to agree to sell Neyboy.

We'll never get Mbappe anyway.

Won't happen.

How many oldies did we spend money on in the last 3-4 years?

We've invested a lot in younger players for the first team and Barça B (like Wague and Ludovit Reis). We can't buy everyone though. If Kubo doesn't want to come back there is nothing we can do.

Yeah, because uncle Flo has done so great recently on the transfer market. He sold his best player over the last decade last summer and replaced him with Mariano.

Are you also so depressed and pessimistic in your personal life?

I wish I could just dismiss everything disturbing as BS and sleep tight at night like you do. I’d reckon you must be a much happier man than I am and I’d pay money to be like you but unfortunately I can’t.

I have said enough about my issues and concerns on Griezmann and I will spare everyone here. I don’t think he is the best option on the market and even if he was, 120m to me is too much.

I hope you are right with Neymar. I thought as well it was just some BS rumor but lately there are more and more stuff coming out from the Catalan media which made me really unsettling. I think we all agree it is not worth it, let alone giving up Dembele as part of the deal to bring him back.

I don’t believe PSG wants to sell Neymar. He might want out but I am sure PSG doesn’t want to lose him. If we seriously contemplate on bringing him back, we will piss off PSG. Mbappe will never join us? Never say never.

Mariano? He already left, didn’t he? They probably will get Hazard and the reason I think they give up on Jovic and other ST targets is because they are looking to get Mbappe, of course this is just what I think. Either way they will be reinforced with another Brazilian wunderkind next season so we will see.

If you see no wrong and think everything is great and I think you do, good for you.

KluivertsBoots

Elseid Hysaj has declared himself on the market to "win something", and would be a great economical option for right back in my opinion. Atletico Madrid, Chelsea and Manchester United are leading the queue of interest for him. He has a 50m release, and ~25m market valulation.

After Joshua Kimmich, he might be the best possession right back in the world. Barcelona were last interested in him after Euro 2016. He is a seasoned professional and only 25.

[youtube]UvgYi0tS8qo[/youtube]

For all this talk of forwards, give me a sure fire right back for the biggest matches.

Last edited:

FC433

^
100% Griezmann. It is quite obvious, he would not announce his departure before securing a deal. However, there could be a legal obstacle that might delay the announcement until 7/1

KluivertsBoots

^
100% Griezmann. It is quite obvious, he would not announce his departure before securing a deal. However, there could be a legal obstacle that might delay the announcement until 7/1

There has been a ton of smoke, but I've been consistently skeptical just because it is Cerezo we are dealing with for one and and obviously because of last summer. Atleti have Griezmann under contract until 2023, and are not required to do anyone a favor - least of all Barcelona in their minds. There are multiple clubs in England (Manchesters) and PSG who could offer Atleti (not selling to a rival), and the player himself contract wise, a lot more than Barcelona can despite buyout clause.

Barcelona would be better served to go for someone like Nicolas Pepe who is better equipped to help for a longer period of time. Griezmann has maybe 2 or 3 top level years left, and his best position (off striker to a target man) does not exist at Barcelona.

Last edited:

KluivertsBoots

My entire beef with Barcelona's transfer "strategy" the past several years is that there hasn't been one. It has just been the club blindly splashing out on talented players they hope will adapt rather than targeting specific kinds of players for a clearly defined concept on the pitch.

In the Coutinho and Dembele examples, you have two players who are best in the same position - floating central attacking midfielders - which does not exist at the club due to Valverde tactics and a player named Lionel Messi.

The Arthur and de Jong moves offer some hope that blind squirrels can, in fact, still find the occasional nut.

jairzinho

Jovic to Madrid official in a really nice piece of business given today's market (60m+5 var). https://www.marca.com/futbol/real-madrid/2019/06/04/5cdda3c5468aeb854c8b4617.html

Pressure on Barca to get whomever its man might be to replace Suarez.

Fuck we should have gotten him. Seems like we're more interested in galactic signing these days.
People keep ignoring the fact that Greizmann's best position is occupied by Messi at Barca.

He likes to operate in the same space Messi normally plays in.
This could turn out to be another Coutinho type signing

Home of Barca Fans