Barca Transfers and Rumors

Andresito

Staff member
I hope Manolas joins us. Made a song for him too that translates well to Spanish

Sang to the tune of the tale of Leonidas

From the first breath to the last
He stood for Barca
Courageously he fought beneath the stars
Victorious was the great Manolas
The king who ruled the defence and served the club

Very beautiful. Mind if I print this on a t-shirt?

Joan

Less so Benfica players. It says the dude is an attacking midfielder when I searched. Why can't we find a striker?

Plays as a free roaming forward, from what I'm seeing.

We've been linked with Maxi, haven't we?

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Plays as a free roaming forward, from what I'm seeing.

We've been linked with Maxi, haven't we?

Maxi Gomez is a good player that would provide a threat on crosses and corners too, but man do I wish there was a pacey striker out there that was like that too. That could get behind defences and blaze past them or be a great threat on counter attacks.

The market for RBs and Strikers must be the worst I have seen in a long time. Some talents, but no convincing option unless you want to sell your kidney for an established player like Kane.

Joan

Maxi Gomez is a good player that would provide a threat on crosses and corners too, but man do I wish there was a pacey striker out there that was like that too. That could get behind defences and blaze past them or be a great threat on counter attacks.

The market for RBs and Strikers must be the worst I have seen in a long time. Some talents, but no convincing option unless you want to sell your kidney for an established player like Kane.

You've got Werner out of strikers with pace. But he's got his own issues. I'm not convinced by either player, Maxi could be a good buy for a decent price. The problem is I don't see a longterm Suarez replacement in him. It's a poor market.

DonAK

You've got Werner out of strikers with pace. But he's got his own issues. I'm not convinced by either player, Maxi could be a good buy for a decent price. The problem is I don't see a longterm Suarez replacement in him. It's a poor market.

I like Werner, but I have serious concerns about him playing football vs a low block or in tight spaces.

Leo_Messi

I would go for Griezmann if the club could get him for a decent fee. I don't recall if his buyout clause was raised but if it is still €100 million, I would go for him provided that he will change his mind which a trophy less season for Patético might contribute to. That or going for Icardi although he is not my favorite as he is quite limited for a Barça number 9. Inter has raised his buyout clause as well from what I recall so it is no longer "only" €100 million.

DonAK

I would go for Griezmann if the club could get him for a decent fee. I don't recall if his buyout clause was raised but if it is still €100 million, I would go for him provided that he will change his mind which a trophy less season for Patético might contribute to. That or going for Icardi although he is not my favorite as he is quite limited for a Barça number 9. Inter has raised his buyout clause as well from what I recall so it is no longer "only" €100 million.

It was raised to 200m. I think the Griezmann option went out of the window after his mini documentary and snub last summer.

Joan

Griezmann would've been the best, but right now, think we'd have a mess if he had joined. Coutinho, Messi, Dembele, Suarez AND Griezmann would be way too much to handle (even without him).

Leo_Messi

It was raised to 200m. I think the Griezmann option went out of the window after his mini documentary and snub last summer.

Well, if Griezmann's buyout clause has not changed it would "only" require a change of opinion from Griezmann. As things stand now he is the only player that is comparable to a prime Suárez on the market although he is a different player. For €100 million he is an absolute steal in today's market and he would have at least 3-4 very good years on the highest level left.

I don't otherwise see any truly exciting young attackers out there. There is Maxi Gómez (who I talked about a few days ago in his thread), there is Werner, Richarlison, Pépé and a few others on top of my head.

Icardi, while very good, is a tier below Griezmann in my eyes. A better goalscorer and header of the ball but worse in every other aspect compared to Griezmann who is scoring his share of goals in a pathetically defensive setup at Patético and who is very good with his head too compared to his size.

Griezmann would've been the best, but right now, think we'd have a mess if he had joined. Coutinho, Messi, Dembele, Suarez AND Griezmann would be way too much to handle (even without him).

I would sell Coutinho (a failure of a transfer if you ask me) and use the funds to get Eriksen instead this summer when he will likely have only 1 year left on his contract. Suárez has only 1.5 season left at the club. Anything else would surprise me greatly.

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans