Barca Transfers and Rumors

Leo_Messi

There were also times when we were signing players like Dehu, Christanval or Chygrinsky if we're only talking about CBs. I'm pretty sure Maripan is better than all of them. He's a good CB but obviously doing well for a defensive team like Alaves is something different than playing for Barça though people will probably argue :valverde: is also playing defensive football so Maripan would actually be a good fit for us.:p

I'm 99% this is just a stupid rumour - probably Maripan's agent trying to get some attention for his player - but will leave this here anyway.

[youtube]1tLz0FUywKI[/youtube]

Worse than those 3 too.

Of course it is. There is no truth to this rumor, like that of most rumors. However my post was just caused by frustration. Maripán just became a poor victim of mine.

With Todibo and Rabiot for almost no money I think we are in for a big transfer.

It honestly wouldn't surprise me if we went all in for Harry Kane.

I can't imagine Kane ever playing for us let alone abroad. Nor would he be worth the money that Levy would demand.

Messi983

According to Marca he has signed a new contract last summer with 40M buyout clause, so we can't get him for free.

https://www.marca.com/futbol/villarreal/2019/01/03/5c2ceffa468aebdf108b45b4.html

I think he's an interesting player and we should definitely follow his progress but he shouldn't be our priority right now. He's more a right winger (which we don't need) than a striker so I don't see him as a Munir replacement (though he would be an upgrade over him but so would be many players) and even less so as a possible longterm Suarez successor which we should be looking for.

Zidane82

Cesc said goodbye to the Chelsea players and fans today ...

I'd have him back here ahead of Rabiot ( and the Croatian I'm not allowed to mention)

i_bleed_blaugrana

So are we really trying to sign both Frenkie & Rabiot? I know it won’t be until the summer but I don’t see how both fit into this squad. While the business side makes Rabiot more lucrative, the footballing side is Frenkie’s.

I massively prefer Frenkie to Rabiot and have a bad feeling about Rabiot. He seems like a cancerous dude.

Zidane82

So are we really trying to sign both Frenkie & Rabiot? I know it won’t be until the summer but I don’t see how both fit into this squad. While the business side makes Rabiot more lucrative, the footballing side is Frenkie’s.

I massively prefer Frenkie to Rabiot and have a bad feeling about Rabiot. He seems like a cancerous dude.
The FDJ boat has sailed apparently..

LordLichtenstein

Attack (5/6):
- Messi
- Suárez
- Dembélé
- Coutinho
- Malcom
-

Midfield (6/6):
- Busquets
- Vidal
- Arthur
- de Jong (?)
- Rabiot (FREE)
- Aleñá

Defense (8/8):
- Piqué
- Umtiti
- Lenglet
- Todibo (FREE)
- Alba
- Cucurella (FREE)
- Semedo
- Roberto

Riordon

IMO we should not forget that Roberto is a midfielder. When he plays as a midfielder, he is very good. Both DM and CM. But we need him at RB because Semedo isn't good enough going forward. I would love to see Roberto getting games instead of Busquest and see the difference in pace, energy and power.

soul24rage

IMO we should not forget that Roberto is a midfielder. When he plays as a midfielder, he is very good. Both DM and CM. But we need him at RB because Semedo isn't good enough going forward. I would love to see Roberto getting games instead of Busquest and see the difference in pace, energy and power.

I disagree that he's good at CM (real sociedad game away this season showed that), but he's much more suited as a DM/pivot role. I want to see how Wague progresses as I think he has the potential to be a great RB.

Riordon

I disagree that he's good at CM (real sociedad game away this season showed that), but he's much more suited as a DM/pivot role. I want to see how Wague progresses as I think he has the potential to be a great RB.

Agree. Due to Messi going to the middle, he played a lot down the flank that game though. But yes, I would say DM/pivot is his best position, like in the preseason. But I can see him as a CM too, like in this game:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HljujgYvpsg

Or that Getafe away game two seasons back when he gave to amazing assists. Or in the 5-0 Betis away trashing last year.

In general I think he is very good as a midfielder:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eF7YajcjZ4o

He is IMO being wasted as a RB, but Semedo is not good enough. So lets see how Wague and Morey develop.

Home of Barca Fans