Barca Transfers and Rumors

soul24rage

Llorente could be a good and cheap option on the top of my head. Would add something totally different to the attack as well. An aerial presence. One of the best aerial presences in fact. I could see that work for the reminder of the season (less than 5 months time). Not sure if Tottenham would be willing to loan him out though.

yeah especially with Son leaving for the Asian Cup this January, I doubt Spurs will loan him. Would have been a good addition though.

Leo_Messi

Munir will apparently join Sevilla this month and the club is looking to bring another "9" on loan. I think we'll try to negotiate a buy option as well like we did with Murillo just in case.

I have absolutely no idea who we're considering though.

Fernando Llorente could be a good and cheap option on the top of my head. Would add something totally different to the attack as well. An aerial presence. One of the best aerial presences in fact. I could see that work for the reminder of the season (less than 5 months time). Not sure if Tottenham would be willing to loan him out though.

If we manage to offload Munir then I think we should really get Aspas on loan or sign him if it is below 25m.

Celta is never going to agree to such a deal. He is by far their best player. Aspas won't likely agree to it as well as he would not play regularly. He is too good to sit on the bench for most of the time. Great player though.

Ladies and gentleman, the one, the only...

FAT SPANISH MIDGET!

[tw]1082667255576563712[/tw]

LMAO. 54 million for fucking Bakayoko...

Fake news. Stop quoting that fool Romero.

EDIT: Repost. Wanted to confine all the replies in one post. Never mind.

yeah especially with Son leaving for the Asian Cup this January, I doubt Spurs will loan him. Would have been a good addition though.

Yes, and South Korea are one of the favorites this time around so he will likely miss all of January when he leaves in 1 week or when he would leave.

Llorente would tick a lot of boxes though.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Imagine if we had signed Griezmann and convinced Digne and Mathieu to stay, with Todibo and Rabiot coming I guess we would really be Frenchalona.

FCBfan22

Fake news. Stop quoting that fool Romero.

Ah, I guess you are not here long enough... This post is my mandatory mocking of Gerard "OJOOOOOOO" Romero aka Fat Spanish Midget that happens every transfer window.

Nobody believes OJOOOO anymore. But it's fun to read the shit he comes up with.

Remy savage

Given the current absurdity of the transfer market, where Ajax players have a 75mil asking price(let's not even begin to talk about the wage demands). Considering that Suarez at 23 went for 22mil or so from ajax to Liverpool and he clearly was showing more potential than de jong and I'll even say de light( and yes I know they don't play in the same position, just referring to potential to be worldclaas in their respective roles). The present transfer market can be seen to have zero long time viability for clubs seeking only proving world class players with an instant impact. This might be the same reasoning that our board has regarding the Todibo and rabiot signings vs de jong and de lift( or a second strategy by the club might be to reduce the risk that comes with transfer market, get two low cost high potential players(Todibo and Rabiot) then two expensive high potential players( De jong and de ligt) with the reasoning behind this being if their first choice pick (ajax duo) flop (and no matter what there's always a probability, albeit a small one) we don't need to go back to the market if todibo et rabiot are showing class/ the French duo flop while the ajax duo excel. Also can be a combination such as one of the dutch and French excel.Or best case scenario they all become world class.
This strategy ( that's if the board is considering it) only works if there's a major summer sale planned (and no not Denis, Raf or Samper) am talking of those with one/2 of our middle 3.Reastically this can be implemented if 2 of busi, Raki or Vidal are sold. This leaves a mid of de jong, Arthur, Alena, Rabiot, Busi(if we get rid of Vidal and Raki as busi has earned the right to leave whenever he pleases and I feel barca should only extend this privileged to a select few club icons and legends). The question remains does a mid of Alena, Rabiot, Busi, Arthur and De jong have the capability to compete at a consistent barca standard. Now the last part of that strategy i.e Todibo and De ligt only works if Pique has told the club he would like to live soon/he doesn't mind being a backup player(as his head doesn't seem to be in the game nowadays). From mews reports one can speculate he seems to be yearning a career change from football to business/ entrepreneur. If that's the case we have Todibo and de light at Rcb and with enough rotations in 2 years or so we would have the main Rcb.
So question which stratergys would you all fancy for our striker position
Strategy 1( find a low cost player ala rabiot and todibo).Which would you all go for in this case?
Strategy 2(go all in for an expensive but world class one). Which?
Strategy 3( Do a mix like de jong& rabiot, todibo & de ligt(that's if my hypothetical scenario is what the club is working on). Which?
For the 3rd I'll say it also only is a possibility if we sell Suarez this summer (abnormally doubtful).
Also though to be sincere I haven't watched a game if either two, if we were to go with the 3rd straterg and sell Suarez, what will you all think about the board buying Maxi comes( heard he's good and has a 50mil or so release clause) and Werner ( another striker I've never watched but is hyped on here, though don't know his cost). We can also consider martial as even if united extend he'll still be available for a reasonable price.
So in summary it will selling Suarez getting two of Martial, Werner, or any other suitable striker for this and telling them to slug it out for a whole season(ala rotations) to give the manager a suitable evaluation period( though a high risk and delicate business as it involves to many moving pieces. I kinda prefer getting max 130 timo and maxi, or max 100 martial and maxi to one 200mil Kane or 100mil on top his asking price Firmino. To point out again this works if we sell Suarez (not really an advicate for such but for the right price he's expendable as his not one if those I want to retire here) and manage to convince two of those two fight for spots.
As I said at the beginning the transfer market at present is inflated and for the long term viability of the clubs such maneuvering might be needed in the transfer market

Zidane82

Given the current absurdity of the transfer market, where Ajax players have a 75mil asking price(let's not even begin to talk about the wage demands). Considering that Suarez at 23 went for 22mil or so from ajax to Liverpool and he clearly was showing more potential than de jong and I'll even say de light( and yes I know they don't play in the same position, just referring to potential to be worldclaas in their respective roles). The present transfer market can be seen to have zero long time viability for clubs seeking only proving world class players with an instant impact. This might be the same reasoning that our board has regarding the Todibo and rabiot signings vs de jong and de lift( or a second strategy by the club might be to reduce the risk that comes with transfer market, get two low cost high potential players(Todibo and Rabiot) then two expensive high potential players( De jong and de ligt) with the reasoning behind this being if their first choice pick (ajax duo) flop (and no matter what there's always a probability, albeit a small one) we don't need to go back to the market if todibo et rabiot are showing class/ the French duo flop while the ajax duo excel. Also can be a combination such as one of the dutch and French excel.Or best case scenario they all become world class.
This strategy ( that's if the board is considering it) only works if there's a major summer sale planned (and no not Denis, Raf or Samper) am talking of those with one/2 of our middle 3.Reastically this can be implemented if 2 of busi, Raki or Vidal are sold. This leaves a mid of de jong, Arthur, Alena, Rabiot, Busi(if we get rid of Vidal and Raki as busi has earned the right to leave whenever he pleases and I feel barca should only extend this privileged to a select few club icons and legends). The question remains does a mid of Alena, Rabiot, Busi, Arthur and De jong have the capability to compete at a consistent barca standard. Now the last part of that strategy i.e Todibo and De ligt only works if Pique has told the club he would like to live soon/he doesn't mind being a backup player(as his head doesn't seem to be in the game nowadays). From mews reports one can speculate he seems to be yearning a career change from football to business/ entrepreneur. If that's the case we have Todibo and de light at Rcb and with enough rotations in 2 years or so we would have the main Rcb.
So question which stratergys would you all fancy for our striker position
Strategy 1( find a low cost player ala rabiot and todibo).Which would you all go for in this case?
Strategy 2(go all in for an expensive but world class one). Which?
Strategy 3( Do a mix like de jong& rabiot, todibo & de ligt(that's if my hypothetical scenario is what the club is working on). Which?
For the 3rd I'll say it also only is a possibility if we sell Suarez this summer (abnormally doubtful).
Also though to be sincere I haven't watched a game if either two, if we were to go with the 3rd straterg and sell Suarez, what will you all think about the board buying Maxi comes( heard he's good and has a 50mil or so release clause) and Werner ( another striker I've never watched but is hyped on here, though don't know his cost). We can also consider martial as even if united extend he'll still be available for a reasonable price.
So in summary it will selling Suarez getting two of Martial, Werner, or any other suitable striker for this and telling them to slug it out for a whole season(ala rotations) to give the manager a suitable evaluation period( though a high risk and delicate business as it involves to many moving pieces. I kinda prefer getting max 130 timo and maxi, or max 100 martial and maxi to one 200mil Kane or 100mil on top his asking price Firmino. To point out again this works if we sell Suarez (not really an advicate for such but for the right price he's expendable as his not one if those I want to retire here) and manage to convince two of those two fight for spots.
As I said at the beginning the transfer market at present is inflated and for the long term viability of the clubs such maneuvering might be needed in the transfer market

My perfect scenario would be to get rid of the deadwood Rakitic , S Roberto , Rafina , BOTH Suarezs .

Then get the two Ajax lads and Firmino .

Done .

We'll have a decent depth in defence and midfield plus nobody's gonna tell me that a squad including Messi , Firmino , Dembele , Malcom , Coutinho and Munir is gonna struggle to score goals ..

Last edited:

LordLichtenstein

2018-19

Initial Transfer Budget:
€60.00M - Transfer Budget 18-19
€60.00M - Total

Player Departures:
€50.00M - Paulinho
€30.25M - Mina
€20.20M - Digne
€13.00M - Deulofeu
€12.00M - Marlon
€08.50M - Vidal
€05.00M - Arnáiz
€02.25M - Gomes
€02.00M - Alcácer
€143.20M - Total

Players Arriving:
€41.00M - Malcom
€35.90M - Lenglet
€31.00M - Arthur
€18.00M - Vidal
€05.00M - Wagué
€130.90M - Total

Transfer Budget Balance:
€72.30M - Total

---------------------------------------------------------

2019-20

Initial Transfer Budget:
€72.30M - Transfer Budget 18-19
€60.00M - Transfer Budget 19-20
€132.30M - Total

Player Departures:
€21.00M - Alcácer
€21.00M - Total

Players Arriving:
€00.00M - Rabiot
€00.00M - Todibo
€00.00M - Cucurella
€00.00M - Total

Transfer Budget Balance:
€153.30M - Total

---------------------------------------------------------

Abidal and Co. are doing a fantastic job at the moment!

Last edited:

Xavinho

Martial and Giroud have expiring contracts

I believe back in mid-December United triggered the one-year extension in Martial's contract, so it now runs until 2020. They may have to sell him though if he won't sign a new contract by the end of the season.

Andresito

Staff member
Abidal and Co. are doing a fantastic job at the moment!

First of all, some of these numbers are wrong. Without checking all players, these I know:
- We got 42M for Paulinho, Sassuolo have paid 6M for Marlon, Paco was sold for 23M.
- Rabiot is going to receive a sign-on bonus of at least 10M.
- And if we're talking decimals, Todibo actually cost 0.4M.

Second of all, transfer budgets don't work like that.
The budget is calculated depending on the rest of the club's budget each year. Otherwise some clubs would have a couple of billion to spend.
So we should assume next season's transfer budget is starting at 60M.

Home of Barca Fans