Barca Transfers and Rumors

hardyboy

Buy Alves and be done with the transfer window. There is no need to throw away 45m for Alcacer. I trust Munir..

Devils

Wolfsburg just signed Mario Gomez for 7m euros.

How were we not all over this type of deal? Would have ben a great option short term and would have allowed us to show Munir our confidence in him by allowing him to go out on loan and know that there would be a spot for him if he developed well.

opjeoff

the thing people dont get is that we are signing another forward no matter what. Munir only stays if we fail to sign, Alcacer or Luan. the question isnt if munir should stay and we shouldnt sign alcacer. is we dont sign Alcacer we will spend that money on Luan and Munir will still go on loan. this is also in the best interest of Munir.

Wolfsburg just signed Mario Gomez for 7m euros.

How were we not all over this type of deal? Would have ben a great option short term and would have allowed us to show Munir our confidence in him by allowing him to go out on loan and know that there would be a spot for him if he developed well.

Because it wouldnt fix the problem, just prospone it. Gomez wouldnt have been a potential replacement for Suarez, we would be hoping Munir develops up to that standard quickly because Gomez can only last so long as a replacement.

Alcacer is a better buy than Gomez for us right now.

People complaining about the fee, we are buying Valencia's captain, he is also an international , knows La Liga , is a striker and is 22 years old. If Valencia hadnt had a horrible season, they would have asked us to pay his release clause or fuck off. 30m is within our budget and i'd rather spend it on Alcacer than 25m on fucking Luan.

Its not like we didnt try with Munir as our only MSN backup, we did last season and he didnt get enough game time. People say they trust Munir , thats all great and all but are you really thinking about his development? You think he is happy playing 825 minutes a season? He had 8 apperances last season, there is no way he will continue to grow and become a potential Suarez replacement with those kind of minutes.

Last edited:

Devils

the thing people dont get is that we are signing another forward no matter what. Munir only stays if we fail to sign, Alcacer or Luan. the question isnt if munir should stay and we shouldnt sign alcacer. is we dont sign Alcacer we will spend that money on Luan and Munir will still go on loan. this is also in the best interest of Munir.

Because it wouldnt fix the problem, just prospone it. Gomez wouldnt have been a potential replacement for Suarez, we would be hoping Munir develops up to that standard quickly because Gomez can only last so long as a replacement.

Alcacer is a better buy than Gomez for us right now.

People complaining about the fee, we are buying Valencia's captain, he is also an international , knows La Liga , is a striker and is 22 years old. If Valencia hadnt had a horrible season, they would have asked us to pay his release clause or fuck off. 30m is within our budget and i'd rather spend it on Alcacer than 25m on fucking Luan.

Its not like we didnt try with Munir as our only MSN backup, we did last season and he didnt get enough game time. People say they trust Munir , thats all great and all but are you really thinking about his development? You think he is happy playing 825 minutes a season? He had 8 apperances last season, there is no way he will continue to grow and become a potential Suarez replacement with those kind of minutes.

After 1-2 seasons with Gomez we would have a very good idea of whether Munir has what it takes to play for Barca or not based on his loan performances, like we did with Denis.

I think Alcacer is a great signing and I'm more than happy with what he brings to our attack. But I don't like how it effects Munir, who I rate highly.

ThwiX

Best midfielder around
Alcacer hasn't shown anything that would make me want him as Suarez's replacement when that time comes. I know he is young and still will develop and improve, but he won't be getting too many minutes here either to do just that. At the same time, you got Dybala. Same age, and a much, much better player than Alcacer. Tearing shit up for Juve. That's the kind of talent you need to replace someone like Suarez. Let him stay there and continue growing for a couple of seasons. Then buy him. In the meantime, we would've done good with someone like Gomez.

opjeoff

Alcacer hasn't shown anything that would make me want him as Suarez's replacement when that time comes. I know he is young and still will develop and improve, but he won't be getting too many minutes here either to do just that. At the same time, you got Dybala. Same age, and a much, much better player than Alcacer. Tearing shit up for Juve. That's the kind of talent you need to replace someone like Suarez. Let him stay there and continue growing for a couple of seasons. Then buy him. In the meantime, we would've done good with someone like Gomez.

do you have any idea how much Dybala will cost then? Pogba cost 100+ in this window, Dybala as you say will continue to grow and become a better player than Pogba, also the way the market is heading, Dybala could end up costing Barca around 160+ as he is also a striker and striker cost more than mids.You have no idea what will happen in 2 years time. Are you 100percent sure Dybala will come? Dybala is a pipe-dream right now, and we cant let the fate of our current strikers rest on where Dybala might come to Barca in 2-3 years time to replace Suarez.
Therefore when deciding what to do right now, I hope we do so without even considering Dybala as an option, that way if he doesnt come we arent screwed over and if he does we will have another amazing striker.

ThwiX

Best midfielder around
Dybala plays more like someone who could replace Messi but not really Suarez upfront in the middle.

Well, even if we hate to talk about it, we will need to find a replacement for Messi too at some point. It's a bit hard to know yet with Dybala and whether he could play there or not. I do know, however, that we will see him there up front with Messi next month with Argentina, so that should give us some indications.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Depending on how he develops, that might be worth spending, no matter how crazy it sounds. If he shows an excellent understanding with Messi.

But that's not a priority for the foreseeable future. More of something to look at in at least 3 years or so. Might be someone else too when the time arrives... Lots of factors to consider.

mark1nhu

Yep, unfortunately Dybala will cost above 100M, maybe 150M, and only god knows when...

We missed the train when he was leaving Palermo, willing to swim until Barcelona.

mark1nhu

He had already signed for Juve when he said that.

Do you mean he already had signed but no one knew, like a secret thing, or he had already signed/transferred to Juve?

Because if you google "dybala swim to barcelona", the headline of most links are "Palermo striker Dybala (...)".

And I am pretty sure he was at Palermo when he say that, because I was very hyped about that and I even commented here.

Co0ter

Do you mean he already had signed but no one knew, like a secret thing, or he had already signed/transferred to Juve?

Because if you google "dybala swim to barcelona", the headline of most links are "Palermo striker Dybala (...)".

And I am pretty sure he was at Palermo when he say that, because I was very hyped about that and I even commented here.

I remember him saying that as well when he was still with Palermo, for what it's worth. Then again, I could be wrong.

Home of Barca Fans