Barca Transfers and Rumors

Yeah, right! How many European teams make it to world cup? ~ 13 to 14. How many South American teams make it? 4 - 5? How many European teams have won the world cup besides Germany, lately? Two! France and Spain. In spite of having a 3 - 1 advantage over South American in teams, European teams have won the WC as many times as South American ones. I see what you mean. BTW. Where is the Queen of Holland from?:cheers::goodpost:

Italy won 2006, from the last 5 world cups European teams won 4 and brazil won 1.

2014 - germany
2010 - spain
2006 - italy
2002 - brazil
1998 - france

Hektor

I know. It was sarcasm towards Hector because hector is full of brazil/s. america it seems.

No, I am not full of Brazil. I just do not like when players and fans that like those players are insulted by calling the player crap. I'll keep an open mind and give Paulinho a chance. Hey, I'm from Argentina and mortal enemy of Brazil's footballers. Do you see any Barça funs supporting any RM players or vice versa? :lol:

Hektor

Italy won 2006, from the last 5 world cups European teams won 4 and brazil won 1.

2014 - germany
2010 - spain
2006 - italy
2002 - brazil
1998 - france

Sorry, I forgot about Italy in 2006. However, Brazil won it 5 times, Argentina and Uruguay twice for a total of nine times for South America.

Hektor

There's more European countries than there are South American ones. And most European countries are smaller.

That is true. However the country advantage of 3 - 1 still exists. Not only that. Many times South American teams have to eliminate each other in order to advance and we only started with 4 - 5 teams. Still, South America and Europe have won the WC almost the same amount of times. No other continent has won it.

Hektor

There's more European countries than there are South American ones. And most European countries are smaller.

OK. Brazil has 200 million people. Argentina 40 and Uruguay 3.5. How many millions in Germany, England, Italy, Spain, and France?

Zincubus

Banned
What has Lamela done for the Spurs under Pochetino. Sorry, but I do not follow the Premier league. In all honesty, I only follow Barça in La Liga.

I don't think he's played that much to be honest .. perhaps due to their strong starting lineup maybe due to injuries ( not sure at all ) . Oddly enough whenever I've seen him he looked real classy ..

Zincubus

Banned
do u guys think Mr Valverde is gud to handle this team? because I don't think he can motivate the players and he last tactical ideas.

If it's true that he agreed to take over and have no say in the transfers coming in or going out then it suggests a weak manager to my mind .... I can't think of one top rated manager to doesn't go to a new club and buy the players they want - as part of the deal . Some even send shopping lists before they even get there !!!

Hektor

Pique was in the middle of all the goals scored by RM against us. He even scored one of them and acted as a bullfighter in the goals by Ronaldo and Asensio. On the other hand, he was the only one trying to stop them. Where were Vidal and Busquets? Pique cannot do everything and neither can Vidal and Busquets if they are sent forward. If we had Mascherano playing DM, these two goals would not had happened. Masche would have been there double teaming, with Pique, the two RM attackers. Mascherano should have played instead of Deulefeu. In other words, we would have had two DM's with Masche playing back and Busquets more offensive minded. IMHO, we lost the game because of Valverde and not the players, which is worse.

Last edited:

eaman

Busquets is dreadfully slow, one of the slowest in La Liga. Saying otherwise just makes you look like you've never watched a Barca game in your life.

All the top teams have taken advantage of Busquets speed, all of them. They counter attack and blow by him, with him being the last player before defense and often getting caught pushing too far forward and not having the pace to get back in time, leaving our defense caught with their pants down. Fantastic player, but speed is his weakness and every top club we play knows it.

I've watched hundreds of barca games with busquets playing. All i said was he is quicker than you think and as quick as those other top midfielders I mentioned. He looks slower coz of his running style but I remember seeing him keep up with and tackle a quick player before and thought wow didn't know busquets was that quick. Of course he is not going to the catch up with these quick players if they get a few meters ahead of him but none of those midfielders I mentioned would either

Hektor

I've watched hundreds of barca games with busquets playing. All i said was he is quicker than you think and as quick as those other top midfielders I mentioned. He looks slower coz of his running style but I remember seeing him keep up with and tackle a quick player before and thought wow didn't know busquets was that quick. Of course he is not going to the catch up with these quick players if they get a few meters ahead of him but none of those midfielders I mentioned would either

If we go forward, like we did, we leave a lot of real estate open. The last goal by RM started with a give away by Luis Suarez. That started a fulminating counter-attack by RM with Pique the only one back trying to stop Asensio, an impossible task. Bussi does not have jets in his boots to get back. That is why I'm calling to play Mascherano as double pivot. That is Mascherano playing back and Busquets more offensive minded.

Home of Barca Fans