Barca Transfers and Rumors

Zincubus

Banned
If we go forward, like we did, we leave a lot of real estate open. The last goal by RM started with a give away by Luis Suarez. That started a fulminating counter-attack by RM with Pique the only one back trying to stop Asensio, an impossible task. Bussi does not have jets in his boots to get back. That is why I'm calling to play Mascherano as double pivot. That is Mascherano playing back and Busquets more offensive minded.

Was it Suarez who's scuffed shot led to the breakaway goal for Madrid ??
Thought it was a midfielder ...

Zincubus

Banned
If we go forward, like we did, we leave a lot of real estate open. The last goal by RM started with a give away by Luis Suarez. That started a fulminating counter-attack by RM with Pique the only one back trying to stop Asensio, an impossible task. Bussi does not have jets in his boots to get back. That is why I'm calling to play Mascherano as double pivot. That is Mascherano playing back and Busquets more offensive minded.
Yeah , I'd be happy to try that for second game ..

eaman

Now cooter I bet you're shocked by these stats. I am also. I knew I wasn't seeing things when I saw busquets catch that quick player.

​Player Position​ Top Speed​ (km/h)
Neymar​ Forward​ ​34.83
​Jeremy Mathieu Defender​ ​34.25
​Aleix Vidal Defender​ 33.8​
Javier Mascherano​ Defender​ 33.71​
Jordi Alba​ Defender​ 33.67​
​Sergio Busquets Midfielder​ 33.64​
Gerard Pique​ Defender​ 33.52​
​Sergi Roberto Def/Mid​ 33.51​
Paco Alcacer​ Forward​ 33.4​
Samuel Umtiti​ ​Defender ​33.01
​Luis Suarez Forward​ 32.86​
​Andre Gomes ​Midfielder 32.73​
Lionel Messi​ Forward​ 32.27​
​Lucas Digne ​Defender 32.21​
​Denis Suarez ​Midfielder ​32.18
Arda Turan​ Midfielder​ 31.87​
Rafinha​ ​Midfielder ​31.76
​Andres Iniesta ​Midfleder 31.62​
​Ivan Rakitic Midfielder​ ​30.66
To continue the discussion on Twitter follow @jamiespencer155

Visit www.facebook.com/jamiespencer155
sdsada

Hektor

Was it Suarez who's scuffed shot led to the breakaway goal for Madrid ??
Thought it was a midfielder ...

The third goal by RM came about by a give-away by Luis Suarez. However, we had a lot of empty real estate except for Pique. With the players we have, we cannot play the 4-3-3 anymore. If Coutinho and/or Dembélé come, then it might be a different story.

Coutinho is coming before Neymar's cabaret started. Still he is coming next Monday, Wednesday, Friday, Tuesday, Thursday. We have not hit Saturday or Sunday, yet. He still coming only if Lanzini is transferred to Liverpool after another player is transferred to West Ham from Portugal :blabla:

Edit: I'm leaving now. My little dog, Rosie, is getting spade and I have to pick her up. I'll be back as soon as Coutinho arrives in Barcelona. In other words, tomorrow, next Monday, Wednesday, Friday, Tuesday, Thursday, Saturday or Sunday.

Last edited:

Co0ter

So according to that, you think Busquets will catch Messi. Lol at pepole using stats to prove something that is clearly wrong.

Just watch the games for Christ sakes. Any semi fast player blows by Busquets and he is never able to get back in time. He's slow. His max speed is irrelevant as well when it takes him 10 seconds to get there and another player 3 seconds.

He is not fast. At all. His speed is explotted. Fact.

Truthist

^^^ So true and it's unfortunate to see people still defend him. You only have to see a game against top opposition to see how badly exposed he gets due his lack of pace.

We have his supporters blaming the tactics, midfielders too wide apart etc. Well yes but that's not the point here, the point is at this to have such a severe lack of pace will get you exposed and now we have lost the control of Xaviesta we see him regularly have games where he is embarrassingly exposed.

eaman

So according to that, you think Busquets will catch Messi. Lol at pepole using stats to prove something that is clearly wrong.

Just watch the games for Christ sakes. Any semi fast player blows by Busquets and he is never able to get back in time. He's slow. His max speed is irrelevant as well when it takes him 10 seconds to get there and another player 3 seconds.

Ya of course his acceleration would not be the best. All i was saying is he's not as slow as you think. Also there isn't a defensive midfielder around who wouldn't get exposed from time to time the way barca play. He probably does a better job than anyone could.

Arkk

i agree with this. imho he hasn't been at his high standard for a while now. (don't give me shit people im not saying hes finished)

after that 7-0 Bayern thrashing we got i've wanted us to sign a tall, strong DM, might be difficult to find one with 'barca DNA' (which im fucking sick of reading) but we looked so small and weak in that game vs Bayern, that really stood out for me.

I also hate how shit we are at corners with no midfield threat. Pique can score the odd header but for his height Busquets does fuck all. when i see Iniesta lose the ball in midfield these days and i don't hear the ref blowing for a foul im shit scared knowing how slow Busi and Pique are

Zincubus

Banned
^^^ So true and it's unfortunate to see people still defend him. You only have to see a game against top opposition to see how badly exposed he gets due his lack of pace.

We have his supporters blaming the tactics, midfielders too wide apart etc. Well yes but that's not the point here, the point is at this to have such a severe lack of pace will get you exposed and now we have lost the control of Xaviesta we see him regularly have games where he is embarrassingly exposed.

Sounds like the problem is Iniesta and Rakitic nothing to do with Busqs tbh

Shindizzle

[formation=barca,6]
0-0-0-0-0-0-0
0-0-0-0-0-0-0
0-0-0-0-0-0-0
0-0-0-0-0-0-0
0-0-0-0-0-0-0
0-0-0-0-0-0-0
0-0-0-0-0-0-0
[/formation]

SeaDragon

It doesn't matter if we sign Coutinho and Dembele (i believe we're just going to sign Coutinho), we still don't have a player that can put order in the middle field and we need that more than anything, Iniesta can't play 90 minutes anymore, he is just like Xavi on his last season at Barcelona. We need someone like Seri, someone like Verratti, if we don't sign that kind of player we're going to lose our style and Madrid is going to kick our asses once again in la Liga or in Champions. We have players that have been trained since they were kids to play a in a certain way, changing this style reeks of desperation and it won't do any good because they don't excel at that.

Arda, Gomes, Rafinha, Denis, they're all useless, they won't help at all, they can be used against a Malaga, a Betis, but not against Juventus, Bayern or Madrid.

Batistuta9

It doesn't matter if we sign Coutinho and Dembele (i believe we're just going to sign Coutinho), we still don't have a player that can put order in the middle field and we need that more than anything, Iniesta can't play 90 minutes anymore, he is just like Xavi on his last season at Barcelona. We need someone like Seri, someone like Verratti, if we don't sign that kind of player we're going to lose our style and Madrid is going to kick our asses once again in la Liga or in Champions. We have players that have been trained since they were kids to play a in a certain way, changing this style reeks of desperation and it won't do any good because they don't excel at that.

Arda, Gomes, Rafinha, Denis, they're all useless, they won't help at all, they can be used against a Malaga, a Betis, but not against Juventus, Bayern or Madrid.

I agree with you. We haven't been able to replace xavi, if only we bought modric instead of fabregas. Anyway, psg aren't gonna sell and there are so few players that can do that role well.

Because of this, i hope we play 4-2-3-1 this season with someone alongside busquets. We haven't got the players to control the game anymore so it would leave us less exposed. Messi in the free role, with options left and right and suarez ahead.

Home of Barca Fans